KPMG US Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Jul 26, 2015

2.8

Manager KPMG Advisory Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Unprofessional HR person managing the interview scheduling, cryptic emails asking for availability and dates and not setting up anything else after. One line unapologetic mails for missed appointments and no follow through. Broken and disjointed attempt to move the process along and no inputs or direction to candidates. One phone interview was arranged and follow up after that came to a naught. Waiting till date (after 2 months) for a move one way or the other with an indication from the HR recruiter that she will set up more interviews.

Interview Questions

• More focus on background and current experience and how it relates to the current Profile   Answer Question

Senior Associate, SAP Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roseland, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (Roseland, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied on company's website and received a call within a week to schedule HR interview ,it was simple and then technical was for one hour about my skills set and business processes in SAP FICO.These two interview were over the phone and last one was on site where they also asked me technical questions and nothing situational or behavrial.

Risk Consulting IT Attestation Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (New Brunswick, NJ).

Interview

We have a pre-interview perception and I met with the one who will be my interviewer, a department director. And next morning I have the interview. We mainly talked about the work and activity I have done and the skills I learnt. He didn't ask any hard question, even strength or weakness. So I think I told nothing outstanding to him, which should be the reason I failed.

Interview Questions

• Why do you choose this position?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at KPMG US (New York, NY).

Interview

Quick and easy it was a phone interview. They basically ask you about your resume and then how flexible you are with salary and availability. The person was very kind and seemed very interested in me. Just be yourself and know your resume to answer responses quick and sweet.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montvale, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (Montvale, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

Great process. Everyone was very easy to talk to. They made me feel comfortable. The interviews were long, but the time passed quickly. I was fully informed about the inner workings of the company as well as what my position as an intern would be. Questions were mostly resume based with some classic ones thrown in about strengths and weaknesses. The whole process was very efficient.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness?   1 Answer

Big Data Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at KPMG US (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

A telephone interview with one of the managers from CA. My phone signal was not very good at home, and the manager kept asking me to change place to get a better signal. He was not very responding to my answers during the interview, so it's like me talking all the way without knowing his reaction. The interview was short, about 15-20 mins.

Interview Questions

• Describe a big data project. What classification method did you use?   Answer Question

Advisory Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I was referred by a partner. I got a call for interview three days later. Got interviewed by a sr associate and a director. both were very friendly and the interview was more conversational. They grilled me on my past experience and the advisory related knowledge. Got a call after two weeks with the offer.

Interview Questions

• They asked me alot of questions regarding my experience in credit and related to financial crisis. How it could've been avoided   1 Answer

Engagement Management Inter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at KPMG US (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Two interviews, one with a senior director and another with a manager. Interviews were more fit based than technical questions. I was notified in a relatively short period of time regarding their decision. Overall a simple and straightforward process.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG US (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Many layers of phone interviews over the course of 2 months, then an in person interview. Consistent follow ups via email and phone are essential to moving the process forward. Keep at it, but do so professionally. Always have questions at the end.

IT Advisory - Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was very easy they are not trying to ask technical questions. They want to get a feel for who you are and see if you are a good fit for their firm. They also "Wine & Dine" all of the interviewers, which is a nice change of pace from the other Big Four.