KPMG US

Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in February 2014.

Interview Details – I met a recruiter who then passed on my information to HR. I received a call about 6 months after meeting the recruiter at a career fair. She asked if I would meet the academic requirements and a quick and professional hiring process occurred for the next month.

Interview Question – The second interviewer on my in person interview asked very concise questions that were technical. Like please describe your involvement in X. When I mentioned some of the techniques that were used in X he asked everything regarding who what where when and why surrounding X.   View Answer

Senior Associate - Advisory Interview

Senior Associate - Advisory
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in January 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and received an email from a KPMG recruiter within 2 days asking me to schedule a phone screen with her. Within a week I was asked to come in for an 1:1 interview at their New York office and met with 2 managers. I received an offer the very next day.

Interview Question – Some behavioral questions, what is an area you would like to improve,   Answer Question

Director Interview

Director
Montvale, NJ

I applied through other source - interviewed at KPMG US in June 2013.

Interview Details – I was an internal hire

Negotiation Details – Useless. They added repsonsibility but declined my request for increased compensation

Director Interview

Director
Montvale, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in March 2010.

Interview Details – Excellent recruitment process. KPMG made a prompt decision and took care of relocation.

Interview Question – How will you go about reorganizing the team that you may inherit.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was managed by a very senior audit partner who put in atypical elements into the negotiation. The HR Recruiter was very good at counter balancing what would have otherwise felt like a transactional negotiation.

Consultant Interview

Consultant
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at KPMG US in December 2012.

Interview Details – Contacted by email, then several phone interviews. Finally flew me to NYC for a "Face to Face" interview. Always knew what my status was due to good follow-up with the primary contact at KPMG. Was offered the job after my personal interview and things moved pretty fast to get me on-board.

Interview Question – I was told during the interview that I would not be responsible for bringing in business but after I started working, it was evident that in order to stay employed or be selected for additional projects, what business you brought in was part of your job!!   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Keep in mind the travel involved and the time away from family. They seem to like to pay high dollar but expect you to stay busy and every hour is "billed" to a client.

Full Time Advisory Interview

Full Time Advisory
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2013.

Interview Details – 2nd round interview at KPMG NYC. The process is a mess. HR forgot to book the room for me at first, then they forgot to notice me of the dinner reception.
Next day was a super day with 2 round interviews. Both interviewers were not as nice as I thought. They didn't smile, even when I tried to smile and chat with them. Seems they wanted you to fail.
The result came a month later, which is extremely slow. Overall, my experience with KPMG was bad.

Interview Question – Go over the resume. Time management   Answer Question

Tax Summer Intern Interview

Tax Summer Intern
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through campus, got into the second interview. no technical questions in either interviews, just some general questions, like leadership, teamwork, why tax, why kpmg. there is a pre social before first interview. It's a nice opportunity to get information from other associates and you will probably have the chance to meet your interviewer.

Interview Question – you seem to have a lot of experience in finance, why do you like tax?   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Tax Associate
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in August 2013.

Interview Details – Everyone involved was warm and welcoming. The interview process was more greared to determine if your personality is a fit with the practice and technical questions were asked but very high level.

Interview Question – None. It was pretty straight forward. No surprises, no gimmicks, scripts, ect.. It was a conversation and not a Q&A.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Brief. No room for negotiation.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst
Montvale, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at KPMG US in December 2013.

Interview Details – Received a call from recruiter and then from the manager. This was my first interview They were both very polite. The manager asked questions regarding my work experience. These questions were from the most frequent 21 questions asked at a big 4 interview. You can google to find these questions.

Interview Question – As far as i remember it was about forecasting   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Tax Associate
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at KPMG US in September 2013.

Interview Details – through careers office at school. Resume submission and interview with Manager. Asked expected questions, such as Why KPMG? Why International Tax?

Interview Question – He draw an international transaction and asked to explain the tax consequences for the U.S. corporation. Then changed to U.S. partnership.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at KPMG US