KPMG US Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Mar 18, 2015

2.8

Advisory Associate - Risk Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in August 2014.

Applied and heard back that they would like to schedule an HR phone screen. The HR screen was more informative, explaining the role primarily, with a little probing on my current/past experience and my resume. A few days later they emailed me scheduling an in person interview.

Had 2 back to back interviews with KPMG Senior Associates in the Risk Advisory group. Mainly easy behavioral questions, asking me to give examples and details on the experience I had listed on my resume. Both were very easy going and very friendly.

A week or so later, heard back from HR to schedule another in-person interview, this time with a Director within the Risk Advisory group. Meeting with the Director was more a conversation, making sure I understood the role and the work I would be doing. Asked to explain, in detail, what my current position is and how it relates to the job I was applying to. A little more straight forward and to the point than the other Associate interviewers. A week or so after this I heard back from HR and received an offer.

Know the role your applying to, know the company, and know your current role in detail and you will do fine.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult. Know basic behavioral questions and know your resume   Answer Question

Had another offer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in July 2014.

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at KPMG.in July 2014.

There are four stages to apply for this role:
    1. Online Application
    2. Telephone Interview
    3. Panel Interview
    4. Panel Interview with Manager you will report in to.

The online application is straightforward. Exhibit a keen interest in KPMG, Financial Markets and Sales.

The telephone interview tests your interests of the aforementioned topics and see you can hold a conversation over the telephone. They fire questions in an attempt to make you uncomfortable to test your ability to maintain composure. They ask fundamental technical questions here.

The Panel interview is with someone form Sales and another from Analytics. They test your technical knowledge here and explore where your strengths/weaknesses lie. They then focus their attention on the answers that you give and drill deeper to identify your expertise on the subject. A sound understanding of financial instruments is an advantage.

I made it to the third stage and missed out.

A note before hand check how do you stand with aptitude, logical and verbal reasoning tests, there are a lot of products in the market for this. I did use 'the ultimate career interview' app from app store its worthy.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between a forward and future?
      What is the difference between an option and future?
      What would you choose, an option or a future?

Answer Question

Engagement Management Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in June 2014.

Submitted an application for an administrative assistant position, within an hour a recruiter emailed me stating they were accepting applications for this position and if I was interested to please reply. So I did and luckily I was asked to be part of the phone interview. During phone interview I was told I was being screened to ensure I was ready to switch jobs (was employed elsewhere when I applied). After phone interview I was invited to in office interview for an hour where it was the usual question; walk me through your resume, explain a typically day at your current position, how would you deal with a difficult situation, would you be willing to workshops/classes in an area you might not be that strong in. Very straight forward questions, nothing hard.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected but I would be prepared to explain your qualities.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation, I asked but was told other people hired in the position were given the same salary.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in May 2014.

Really pull from their intern pool. They do not ask detailed questions, only behavioral. They really seek to find a culture fit and assume that if you can pass the CPA and graduate with a respectable GPA that you can fulfill all the technical requirements. They like to see team work.

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montvale, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Montvale, NJ

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in May 2014.

Initial communication was from an HR related person, i assume, who never really indicated who he was. He asked me directly what my current salary was which I did not expect, that was our first interaction.
    The interview was fun and informative; we did a working session with the team. I attribute the pleasantry of this interview to the nature of the people in their design team. They had me sketch up an idea for a promotion for a charity run/walk. As a UX designer, i was confused as to why they were interested in the final look rather than the discovery and analysis of it.

The HR guy then asked me to complete another exercise which he sent through email. I was given essentially two days time to develop an entire web experience in both photoshop and html/css. Again as a UX designer I was curious why they were more concerned about the final product instead of practices to clarify the situation. I also currently have a full time job and it was hard to complete this exercise in the allotted time.
    When i tried contacting them for clarifications on the directions, which only requested a .PSD file, i was not given any clarification on the exercise and told to also submit the html and css files along.

In the end I handed in a completed PSD 2 page mock and a full html and half the css, I could not afford to spend more than 16 hours on a project I was not going to get reimbursed for. When I asked for more info on the job, they just said " did you finish yet."

Overall this was a very disappointing interview, and I have been through many great interviews while still not landing the jobs.

Regulatory Risk Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in April 2014.

I was contacted by an HR representative who scheduled me for two separate phone interviews. The first one was with a Director of Advisory. This interview was pretty straight forward and he asked questions about my resume (no behavioral questions were asked). The second one was with a Manager. The second interview only lasted 20 minutes, and she didn't ask me any questions. She introduced KPMG and their business and asked if I had any questions. The last interview was an in person interview with another Director at a restaurant. This was mostly conversational. We talked about the business, and KPMG in broad terms. We also went off topic several times, and talked about the Blue Angels Flight team and other military flight demonstration teams. All in all a very easy process, however be prepared to be stressed out over the long wait times in between interviews.

Interview Questions
    • None that come to mind. Question were mainly based off of my resume and work experience.   View Answer
    No negotiations. They very truthful in saying it was hard to match a certain salary expectation.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at KPMG US in April 2014.

The interview process when smoothly. Actually, it was a pleasure interviewing with KPMG. The interview was almost an hour. The interviewer was very professional and had an upbeat personality. She was very thorough on what she expected and went into detail about the position. Great experience!

Interview Questions
    • The questions on the interview were very standard. I did not find them to be difficult since I always prepare for an interview. Also, I make it a point to have a list of questions after the interview. There were no unexpected question that I was not prepared to answer.   Answer Question

Analyst, Regulatory Risk Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in April 2014.

I was first contacted by a recruiter towards the end of March 2014. She subsequently forwarded my resume to the Hiring Manager; I talked to this manager about what the position entailed, she seemed very enthused to speak with me. The following week I was scheduled to speak with a Directer, this conversation was the longest of them all, but pleasant nonetheless. After the 3 telephone conversions, I was asked to interview in person with a second Director. The following week I was informed by the recruiter that the interview went well, and that I should just wait to be informed of the next steps in the hiring process. It has now been 4 weeks since the interview and I have yet to get a response about the progress of my interview. All in all, it was a favorable experience apart from the fact that I was not notified of whether or not my candidacy was still being pursued.

Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at KPMG US.

Pretty laid back interview. They just want to know what type of person your.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG US in March 2014.

I was contacted by e-mail. I was applied for a different position what the hiring manager had. That position salary offer was very low. She interview me for the higher position and she sent my resume to the other manager. Couple of days later I got a message from the system, that they were not going further with me. I'm not sure my resume was sent it to the other manager, or I was just rejected by the system.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were about my resume (what I do, why I left this and this position, why I'm looking for)   Answer Question