KPMG US Interview Questions & Reviews in New York City, NY

2.8

123 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Tax Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2013.

Applied through campus, got into the second interview. no technical questions in either interviews, just some general questions, like leadership, teamwork, why tax, why kpmg. there is a pre social before first interview. It's a nice opportunity to get information from other associates and you will probably have the chance to meet your interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • you seem to have a lot of experience in finance, why do you like tax?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in August 2013.

Everyone involved was warm and welcoming. The interview process was more greared to determine if your personality is a fit with the practice and technical questions were asked but very high level.

Interview Questions
    • None. It was pretty straight forward. No surprises, no gimmicks, scripts, ect.. It was a conversation and not a Q&A.   Answer Question
    Brief. No room for negotiation.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Montvale, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Montvale, NJ

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at KPMG US in December 2013.

Received a call from recruiter and then from the manager. This was my first interview They were both very polite. The manager asked questions regarding my work experience. These questions were from the most frequent 21 questions asked at a big 4 interview. You can google to find these questions.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at KPMG US in September 2013.

through careers office at school. Resume submission and interview with Manager. Asked expected questions, such as Why KPMG? Why International Tax?

Interview Questions
    • He draw an international transaction and asked to explain the tax consequences for the U.S. corporation. Then changed to U.S. partnership.   View Answer

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2013.

I applied through my university's on-campus recruitment portal. About a week later, I was notified that I had been selected for a first round interview on campus. At the interview I met with one partner who was in the division that I was applying to.

Then, almost exactly a week after the first interview, I was invited to the "Inside Look" day, which is their second round interview day. For the second round, KPMG flew me to NYC and put us in a really nice hotel, very close to the office. We went to dinner with a few current associates, the night before the interview, and then to lunch with more associates during the "Inside Look" program. Those were my favorite parts of the process, since it was great to be able to ask associates around my own age and experience level, specifics about their jobs and experiences, and really learn about the culture and positions.

Two weeks after the second round interviews, the recruiter I first met on campus called and offered me a position!

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. I only met with two interviewers on the second round day, which was fewer than I had anticipated. Overall, the day was actually fun, and pretty relaxed!   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

interviewed at KPMG US in October 2013.

applied on campus recruiting and got informed of interview two days of the interview day and had over the phone i

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you get chanllenged by your team member? What is your teamwork experioence   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 days - interviewed at KPMG US in April 2009.

4 interviews. One day. Offer within 3 days

non existent

Anonymous Employee  in  Short Hills, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2013.

I got contacted by the Recruiter Director over the phone to check in my availability to be considered for an Associate Expatriate position (even though I applied online for that position!). She then sent me details for an office interview with the team members of the International Tax Group. The interview lasted 2 and a half hours and was with 5 people of the team. All of them very nice and they explained all the details about the Groups, what I would be doing if hired and the interview was more conversational rather than asking me specific questions. I got a good vibe after leaving the office. However after 4 weeks of follow ups and getting no answer the HR person finally informed me that they were not going to pursue any more conversations at that time. One day after the job was reposted on kpmg careers website. Short Hills office is not the office you want to apply to. Very unprofessional and lack of feedback and courtesy to candidates.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions at all. All the interview was friendly and conversational.   Answer Question

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2013.

Submitted Resume through campus recruiting center, had first round interview on campus, very relaxed conversation. Got notified a week later to fly to NY for 2nd round. They took me to a pre interview dinner the night before and the interview was very relaxed. Got an offer the monday after.

Had other big 4 options

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Montvale, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Montvale, NJ

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2013.

The initial contact was through a hiring agency. KPMG was looking for a Senior PM with in-depth knowledge of data warehouses, both from a business and a technical perspective, for a program proposed by the firm's CIO.

I interviewed with three people at their office in Montvale, NJ, each of whom would have been a peer in the organization. Each person was quite frank about the fact that the effort was in its embryonic stages and would need someone who could not only manage projects, but also run discovery sessions and do presentations to gather requirements for one or more pilot efforts.

Their feedback to the program manager must have been positive, as I was called back in to meet with him a few days later. The gist of that conversation was that he was more interested in what kind of project governance he could expect from me rather than how I could help generate interest among the partners for the endeavor.

After waiting almost two weeks, I was informed by the hiring agency that the PgM had hired someone else through a different agency.

Interview Questions
    • There were really no difficult or unexpected questions. What WAS unexpected was the disconnect between the PgM and his reports over the requirements for the position.   Answer Question