KPMG US

Relevance Date Difficulty

Human Resoruces Interview

Human Resoruces
New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in January 2014.

Interview Details – The interviews were all over the phoen except for the last one which I met with 4 managers. The phone screens were 15 minutse each. I spoke with people from across America. They asked teh same questions. The in-person interview was very basic. The hiring process all together was easy. Since I had a lot of experience they liked me.

Interview Question – The position is a entry level so the questions were basic   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was a contract, no negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Audit Associate Interview

Audit Associate
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in May 2014.

Interview Details – Really pull from their intern pool. They do not ask detailed questions, only behavioral. They really seek to find a culture fit and assume that if you can pass the CPA and graduate with a respectable GPA that you can fulfill all the technical requirements. They like to see team work.

Interview Question – No curve ball questions in the least.   Answer Question

Engagement Management Coordinator Interview

Engagement Management Coordinator
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in June 2014.

Interview Details – Submitted an application for an administrative assistant position, within an hour a recruiter emailed me stating they were accepting applications for this position and if I was interested to please reply. So I did and luckily I was asked to be part of the phone interview. During phone interview I was told I was being screened to ensure I was ready to switch jobs (was employed elsewhere when I applied). After phone interview I was invited to in office interview for an hour where it was the usual question; walk me through your resume, explain a typically day at your current position, how would you deal with a difficult situation, would you be willing to workshops/classes in an area you might not be that strong in. Very straight forward questions, nothing hard.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected but I would be prepared to explain your qualities.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, I asked but was told other people hired in the position were given the same salary.

Analyst, Regulatory Risk Interview

Analyst, Regulatory Risk
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in April 2014.

Interview Details – I was first contacted by a recruiter towards the end of March 2014. She subsequently forwarded my resume to the Hiring Manager; I talked to this manager about what the position entailed, she seemed very enthused to speak with me. The following week I was scheduled to speak with a Directer, this conversation was the longest of them all, but pleasant nonetheless. After the 3 telephone conversions, I was asked to interview in person with a second Director. The following week I was informed by the recruiter that the interview went well, and that I should just wait to be informed of the next steps in the hiring process. It has now been 4 weeks since the interview and I have yet to get a response about the progress of my interview. All in all, it was a favorable experience apart from the fact that I was not notified of whether or not my candidacy was still being pursued.

Interview Question – none, very straight forward questions.   View Answers (2)

Advisory Associate Interview

Advisory Associate
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at KPMG US in January 2014.

Interview Details – I went in for one interview. It was with two different employees, one was a director and the other was a managing director. There was a group of 4 people from my college who all interviewed the same day. Each interview was about a half hour, back to back. Got an email two weeks later that I unfortunately I would not be receiving an offer.

Interview Question – Asked to talk about a paper I had written in school; hadn't written a paper in over a year so had to wrack my brain.   Answer Question

Regulatory Risk Associate Interview

Regulatory Risk Associate
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in April 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted by an HR representative who scheduled me for two separate phone interviews. The first one was with a Director of Advisory. This interview was pretty straight forward and he asked questions about my resume (no behavioral questions were asked). The second one was with a Manager. The second interview only lasted 20 minutes, and she didn't ask me any questions. She introduced KPMG and their business and asked if I had any questions. The last interview was an in person interview with another Director at a restaurant. This was mostly conversational. We talked about the business, and KPMG in broad terms. We also went off topic several times, and talked about the Blue Angels Flight team and other military flight demonstration teams. All in all a very easy process, however be prepared to be stressed out over the long wait times in between interviews.

Interview Question – None that come to mind. Question were mainly based off of my resume and work experience.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. They very truthful in saying it was hard to match a certain salary expectation.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at KPMG US in April 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process when smoothly. Actually, it was a pleasure interviewing with KPMG. The interview was almost an hour. The interviewer was very professional and had an upbeat personality. She was very thorough on what she expected and went into detail about the position. Great experience!

Interview Question – The questions on the interview were very standard. I did not find them to be difficult since I always prepare for an interview. Also, I make it a point to have a list of questions after the interview. There were no unexpected question that I was not prepared to answer.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at KPMG US in March 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted by e-mail. I was applied for a different position what the hiring manager had. That position salary offer was very low. She interview me for the higher position and she sent my resume to the other manager. Couple of days later I got a message from the system, that they were not going further with me. I'm not sure my resume was sent it to the other manager, or I was just rejected by the system.

Interview Question – Questions were about my resume (what I do, why I left this and this position, why I'm looking for)   Answer Question

Leadership Program Interview

Leadership Program
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview Details – Pretty laid back interview. They just want to know what type of person your.

Interview Question – Biggest challenge you every faced?   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Senior Associate
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in February 2010.

Interview Details – Two to three rounds of interviews that initially start with HR recruiter and two interviewers (manager or partner/director) from the practice group. Great onboarding process that starts with one week of training in the office or out-of-town (out of pocket expenses to be reimbursed by the company).

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The base salary offered is depending on previous employer's salary so there's no room to negotiate. I negotiated for the sign-on bonus due to other offers in big 4.

Worked for KPMG US? Contribute to the Community!