KPMG US

2.7

30 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in March 2010.

The culture of the firm is very fun and laid-back. I really liked that they gave us a hotel to stay in during the interview process. The recruiters are very helpful and open to any request that you have. I really had a lot of fun during the entire process.

Contract Compliance Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at KPMG US in October 2012.

Interview was largely behavioral, asked about leadership experiences

Evs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US.

asked about financial statements, how would depreciation flow over the 3 statements, DCF, WACC ext

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US.

I interviewed to be a summer intern in their tax function in their San Francisco Office. The interview was at my university's career center and it was quite straight forward. there typical behavioral questions as well asking you to elaborate on a certain portions of your resume. If you get there early, you have your own greeter who is there to answer any last minute questions.

Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in November 2012.

First round interviews on Campus included a social the night before to see how we acted in social situations. Then interview the next day with partner who flew up to interview. Interview was 45 minutes and was pretty laid back.

Second round interview was at KPMG office in San Fransisco. They flew me in, put me up in a nice hotel, hand a very nice dinner with 3 staff the night before (in a large banquet room wth many other student applicants. Interview the next day included presentation from a few partners about what they do, splitting the group of applicants in half and doing interviews with half and team building with the other half. I was selected for team building first (which is really so they can see how you interact in pressure / team building environments). Then we switch and the other group does team building and I was taken to interview. Two different interviews with senior managers. Pretty casual conversation with the first interviewer, and the second one had many technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • "I do not what the pat answer where you take a negative and flip it around to make it a positive. Tell me a weakness that you have."   View Answer

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

I was hired full-time through first going through the KPMG internship program as a junior in college. I went through college recruiting where I had a first round interview with a KPMG recruiter at my campus career center. Then I was invited in for the second and final round of interviews, which was a full day over-night interview process, which included dinner with professionals, paid hotel room for the night in the city, and 2 interviews the next morning with a manager and a partner. All questions were behavioral and the partner interview was particularly informal - at this point, they want to just get to know you and whether they'd be interested in having you on one of their audit teams.

Interview Questions
    • Please give a situation in which you were in an ethically compromising situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    No salary negotiation as salaries are the same across the board for all interns and new-hires. However there is a higher salary for new hires who can demonstrate that they've completed 150 units towards their CPA. Also bonuses for passing all 4 CPA exams within the first two years of hire.

Senior Associate - Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in October 2012.

provided details to the recruiting personnel and was asked for interview over phone with a director level person.
    call went on for 40mins and mostly spoke about previous work experience and 2 scenario based Questions.
    after 2 weeks, was asked to attend on site interview with 4 ppl staring with 2 partners, senior lead, director in that order. They made me feel comfortable when I became too conscious and felt all went smoothly/
    Was not offered the job though!

Interview Questions
    • scenario based question regarding interaction with client team.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at KPMG US in October 2009.

KPMG first came on-campus and held first round interviews on campus. It was a 30 minute interview with a KPMG audit partner. It was more of a conversation than an interview, I think they just want to see if they like you. After my interview my interviewer said I would probably make it to 2nd rounds and to call him if I changed my mind about audit. I thought that was kind of weird but I was happy to hear that he thought I would make it!

During 2nd rounds, KPMG put us up in a hotel. We had intro and dinner the first afternoon and the following morning we had to do some group teambuilding exercises and then we had 2 30-minute interviews with a partner and a senior manager. Both were extremely nice and easy to talk to. It was really more about talking about my resume and also a conversation. After the interviews, they took us out for lunch!

Interview Questions
    • What's a difficult situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Associate, IT Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at KPMG US in December 2007.

Campus interviews were followed by onsite interview requests from KPMG. Once on site, there was a dinner with Managers and Partners with some basic activities geared towards allowing the KPMG personnel to get to know the recruits a little better. The second day was filled with interviews (2 1-hour long) and a group activity. The purpose of the group activity was to determine how the person acts in both a group and team environment.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how you would handle an unethical situation dealing with an authority figure.   Answer Question
    I would not consider negotiating coming out of college. Unless you have another solid offer, I would be happy with the offer they put on the table.

Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at KPMG US in March 2007.

First Round - one on one interview on campus, Second Round - 2 days/overnight, consists of team building, two one on one interviews with partners, and a business dinner.

Interview Questions
    I tried to negotiate, but you must have other offers to leverage your current offer.