KPMG US Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Jun 21, 2015

2.7

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG US (San Francisco, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied through my Universities career website. Did an on campus first round interview, all behavioral no case. Got invited to an office visit which included team building, two interviews, lunch, Q&A, and dinner. Overall everyone I interacted with was extremely friendly and helpful. From the first time I talked with KPMG at my college career fair until the day I got my offer I was treated with respect and any questions I had were answered thoroughly.

Interview Questions

• No real difficult questions, maybe what specific industry you want to work in.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negation, firm and very fair offer.

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (San Francisco, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

Campus interview, then 2 day office visit for "Inside Look"

Interview Questions

• Standard questions. None very exciting or challenging. Mostly behavioral. You can find all these online.   Answer Question

Advisory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at KPMG US (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The hiring/ interview process was pretty typical of a Big 4/ consulting environment; initial phone screening by a recruiter, phone call interviews (mostly behavioral and fit based) with Sr. Manager/ Director. Followed by in-person interview at local KPMG office with Director/ Partner.

The one thing I will say about the process is that the scheduling was VERY unorganized and the phone calls somewhat disinterested. Prior to scheduling an interview the recruiter/ or assistant would reach out and ask for availability for the following week, after providing it, I got no response. After the week was up I issued a follow up email and was again asked to provide availability for the NEXT week, no apology or justification for delay in response. I would be contacted 24-48 hours prior to the scheduled interview via email confirmation, no phone call/ or email to confirm my availability.

Finally, after going through this disorganized practice and poor applicant experience (5 weeks in), I simply informed them I had accepted another offer and declined the final interview.

Staff Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at KPMG US (San Francisco, CA) in March 2008.

Interview

At first I thought the interviewers will be intimidating, since after all, KPMG is one of the Big 4 Public Accounting Firms in US. However, I was proven wrong. My interviewers were very nice and easy to talk to. There were two rounds of interview for my position (audit intern). The first round was held in my university and the second round was a 2-day event held in their SF office. They treated the applicants REALLY WELL. They were super generous and super helpful. I am glad I got the job and I very much enjoy working them since then.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (San Francisco, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

KPMG's recruiting team is very friendly, and the entire interview process is very well-structured. It consisted of several presentations from the management, an introduction of the firm, a very nice dinner with partners, managers, and senior associates, and group activities! I had second round interviews with two managers, both were recently promoted. The interview process concluded with a lunch with two new associates. By the time you have lunch with them, they are not evaluating you anymore, so relax and enjoy the meal! My advice to you is to be collaborative in the group activities, do not try to dominate other teammates. You are closely watched by the recruiters, and teamwork is a very important aspect of working in audit teams.

Interview Questions

It was a hard decision, because KPMG's recruiting team was very friendly and welcoming. But I also received an offer from another big 4, which I feel like it's a better fit for me.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at KPMG US (San Francisco, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with two partners and a manager. All behavioral. Coming from a top school, networking into an interview was not that difficult. Had a tour of the facilities and was accompanied to lunch by two Associates. Met with a recruiter to wrap up the four hour affair, and now patiently waiting for an offer.

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US (San Francisco, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

First round and second round questions. All behavioral, very easy to get through.

Other job opportunities

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at KPMG US (San Francisco, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Very laid back. Not challenging-Asked behavior questions

Senior Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (San Francisco, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

This was 3 years ago, but.... The initial process was through campus recruiting and was well run. I felt comfortable with the recruiter, and the questions were pretty standard (why did you pick accounting, how have you done in your classes, etc). I flew out to San Francisco for an interview and was treated very well (comparable to other firms, but with a more personal touch because the people picked to have dinner/breakfast with me had common interests that had clearly been selected for that reason). Interviews went well and were still primarily vanilla questions - it was also great that the process seemed to be geared toward a mutual fit. I was allowed to ask a lot of questions, and got to talk to the partners and managers about their clients and experiences.

What really stood out was the professionalism of the recruiting team. Another Big 4 firm really dropped the ball in terms of coordination and follow-up (with the exception of an offer, which was extended within a few hours). KPMG's recruiters were organized, friendly and prompt (and still quick with an offer)

Negotiation

This was an entry level position, and while I was honest with the recruiter about a marginally higher offer from another firm, there wasn't really any room to negotiate. The interview process also took place in late 2010 when the market was still pretty weak.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at KPMG US (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Phone interview with the Campus Recruiter and then 3 in person interviews of 30 min each with different managers and partners in the office. All behavioral questions and conversations about my background and "why accounting / KPMG". Most of my interviews were just like normal conversations and only one resorted to a pre determined list of questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a recent ethical dilemma and how you handled it.   Answer Question