KPMG US Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Apr 1, 2015
Updated Apr 1, 2015

2.7

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Contacted by campus recruiter after submitting a resume. I was offered an interview on campus, and after making it past the first round I was invited to fly out to tour the office and I was interviewed by two of the managing partners there. The firm was very professional, and the interview process was organized in such a way that I knew what was going on. I have also interviewed with other accounting firms with similar results.

Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG US (San Francisco, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied through my Universities career website. Did an on campus first round interview, all behavioral no case. Got invited to an office visit which included team building, two interviews, lunch, Q&A, and dinner. Overall everyone I interacted with was extremely friendly and helpful. From the first time I talked with KPMG at my college career fair until the day I got my offer I was treated with respect and any questions I had were answered thoroughly.

Interview Questions

• No real difficult questions, maybe what specific industry you want to work in.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negation, firm and very fair offer.

Advisory Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at KPMG US (San Francisco, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Interviews was done in person and over a call. Had a call with a director and also a partner. Interview questions were standard, asked to describe career highlights and challenges

Associate, Advisory Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG US (San Francisco, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Positives: KPMG has an array of extremely professional, personable and level-headed people. On top of this, I respect the work of the advisory group I was interviewing with. This was all very refreshing and exciting to be around during the interview process itself. The questions I was asked were all experience-related and personality-based. Overall, I enjoyed the people I met and the experience very much.

Negatives: The one thing I thought was awful was the on-boarding and follow-up process of the interview. After two phone interviews that went well, I had to reach out to the "experienced-hire" recruiter myself to check and see when I would receive flight information and booking details for the in-person interviews. There was so much of a delay that I had to book a flight last-minute on a connecting flight that got in to the city I was interviewing in at such a terrible hour. After the interview, I again had to reach myself to see whether I got the job or not. It turns out, I did which was exciting! However, the unprofessional manner of the on-boarding and follow-up seriously slashed the legitimacy of the company for me. I think this something that is definitely fixable and I hope to see changed if I ever interview with the company again.

Overall, not a bad experience at all. The company is great. I got the offer and I turned it down because I would like to have more experience in my current industry before pursuing an advisory-type role.

Audit Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (San Francisco, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

Campus interview, then 2 day office visit for "Inside Look"

Interview Questions

• Standard questions. None very exciting or challenging. Mostly behavioral. You can find all these online.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (San Francisco, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

2-3 interviews. process takes two days

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at KPMG US (San Francisco, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Met with associates and senior associates for lunch, and had behavioral interviews with partners and managers. They were all friendly and are looking for three things: Do you want to work in Tax? Are you going to fit in? and... Are you going to work hard?

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were a leader in something...   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Advisory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at KPMG US (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The hiring/ interview process was pretty typical of a Big 4/ consulting environment; initial phone screening by a recruiter, phone call interviews (mostly behavioral and fit based) with Sr. Manager/ Director. Followed by in-person interview at local KPMG office with Director/ Partner.

The one thing I will say about the process is that the scheduling was VERY unorganized and the phone calls somewhat disinterested. Prior to scheduling an interview the recruiter/ or assistant would reach out and ask for availability for the following week, after providing it, I got no response. After the week was up I issued a follow up email and was again asked to provide availability for the NEXT week, no apology or justification for delay in response. I would be contacted 24-48 hours prior to the scheduled interview via email confirmation, no phone call/ or email to confirm my availability.

Finally, after going through this disorganized practice and poor applicant experience (5 weeks in), I simply informed them I had accepted another offer and declined the final interview.

Information Protection Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG US (San Francisco, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Initial campus meeting where we went over the basics (Why KPMG?, why Information Protection, What makes you different from other applicants, etc). Then, I was asked to come to the office and I was flown out to interview with 2 partners and 1 senior manager, all of which had different technical questions and different areas specified. After the three interviews, I was taken out to lunch with 2 associates and I had a chance to ask them any questions about the internship experience or full time questions. After lunch I met with the recruiter and was told I had an offer.

Interview Questions

• Knowing that you will have to travel and have a highly stressful career, why do you want to go into consulting?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-negotiable

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at KPMG US (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Phone interview with the Campus Recruiter and then 3 in person interviews of 30 min each with different managers and partners in the office. All behavioral questions and conversations about my background and "why accounting / KPMG". Most of my interviews were just like normal conversations and only one resorted to a pre determined list of questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a recent ethical dilemma and how you handled it.   Answer Question