KPMG US Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Apr 1, 2015

2.7

Senior Associate - Advisory Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (San Francisco, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

provided details to the recruiting personnel and was asked for interview over phone with a director level person.
    call went on for 40mins and mostly spoke about previous work experience and 2 scenario based Questions.
    after 2 weeks, was asked to attend on site interview with 4 ppl staring with 2 partners, senior lead, director in that order. They made me feel comfortable when I became too conscious and felt all went smoothly/
    Was not offered the job though!

Interview Questions

• scenario based question regarding interaction with client team.   Answer Question

Contract Compliance Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at KPMG US (San Francisco, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Interview was largely behavioral, asked about leadership experiences

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at KPMG US (San Francisco, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Very laid back. Not challenging-Asked behavior questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (San Francisco, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

2-3 interviews. process takes two days

Advisory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at KPMG US (San Francisco, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Interviews was done in person and over a call. Had a call with a director and also a partner. Interview questions were standard, asked to describe career highlights and challenges

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at KPMG US (San Francisco, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

I got the interview through our "Meet the FIrms" event at school. You first have to speak to the recruiter for a few minutes and give your resume. If the recruiter likes what they see from first glimpse, then you will be extended an interview offer at one of their offices. The actual interview was 100% behavioral. No technical questions, just behavioral questions based on your professional and academic experience. If you are to be accepted into this highly competitive program, you have to have superior academic performance (3.5+), leadership experience (either from a job or student organization), and some sort of professional experience and relate that experience to the position applied for. I had all but the grades. My grades weren't bad, but they weren't great, which is why i wasn't extended an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to juggle a lot of priorities at once and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (San Francisco, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

1 Phone Interview - HR.
    1 Phone Interview - Risk Consulting Director
    3 in Person - 30 min interviews. 1 Manager, 1 Snr Mgr and 1 Partner.

Resume review, one of the in person interview was technical, 1 was chilled out and another was with the Partner mostly wanting to get a feel of where they could staff me.

Advice would be to be yourself!

Interview Questions

• TCP/IP Knowledge? Describing a Wi-Fi Implementation?   Answer Question
    • Why I wanted to leave my current position, and why I was choosing KPMG?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Put a $$ on yourself and go with it. If you dont have experience, you will learn alot on this job and be worth a lot more soon so just suck it up.

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US (San Francisco, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

First round and second round questions. All behavioral, very easy to get through.

Other job opportunities

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at KPMG US (San Francisco, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Met with associates and senior associates for lunch, and had behavioral interviews with partners and managers. They were all friendly and are looking for three things: Do you want to work in Tax? Are you going to fit in? and... Are you going to work hard?

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were a leader in something...   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at KPMG US (San Francisco, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with two partners and a manager. All behavioral. Coming from a top school, networking into an interview was not that difficult. Had a tour of the facilities and was accompanied to lunch by two Associates. Met with a recruiter to wrap up the four hour affair, and now patiently waiting for an offer.