KPMG US

2.8

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

I started off with an on-campus interview. I didn't really know much about the company and hadn't met any professionals although my school held a lot of events to encourage networking. The interview was very easy, the interviewer was very nice and welcoming and just asked me to walk her through my resume and what I learned from each job. I articulated the leadership and communication skills I learned and she was pleased. The interview was very conversational and she left a lot of time for questions. I was not very interested in KPMG since EY wass my top choice, but she made that all change. I was informed I got the second round interview the next day, and a week later I had my office visit. The night before the interviews we had a dinner with KPMG professionals and it was very nice if you know how to socialize. The next day, we had a variety of presentations, team building exercises, an office tour, interviews (one with a partner, another with a senior manager), and a very nice lunch with 2 associates. I would say that if you are a genuine, social, and nice person, there is no reason why you shouldn't get an offer. Got my offer 2 hours after the interview.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG US in February 2014.

Went to the interview. Pretty standard super day. Met with MDs, VPs, Associates. Was asked several financial questions: Walk me through, DCF, LBO, Accretion dilution model. How do you calculate EV, Equity value. What are the common components of Comparable comps

I had several offers so I was able to negotiate my salary.

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in January 2014.

Really fun process. 1st interview was basic behavioral questions. Second round interviews were very conversational and really just about getting to know you. It was really informative and I was able to get to get a lot of knowledge about the company.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't any really challenging questions. Just behavior questions. They are really just trying to get to know you and see if you are a good fit   Answer Question

Tax Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US.

Very basic questions about my qualifications ie. 150 hour requirement and graduation date. I was surprised that there were no behavioral questions asked.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG US in April 2013.

Meet with recruiters in the campus job fair, and about 1 week later I was invited to the first round interview. I was interviewed with a manager and all behavior questions. After 1 week from the first round interview, I got the opportunity to the second round. I had three 1:1 interviews with either senior managers or partners, had lunch with associates and had a office tour. Nothing unexpected. They are all very nice.

Tax Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in October 2012.

I had a one on one interview with a senior manager of the specific service after the resume screening.

Interview Questions
    • The senior manager didn't ask me any questions, but she said that her team prefer to work with someone who doesn't have experience.   Answer Question

Summer Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at KPMG US in February 2012.

I applied to KPMG initially in October of 2011 through my school career fair. However I did not hear back from them. I applied again in winter after another career fair at my school. This time, the recruiter that I met at the fair called me to schedule my interview. The interview lasted 30 minutes and it was the same recruiter interviewing me. I felt very much at ease. She asked me a lot of follow up questions, maybe because I was not following the STAR technique properly. I left the interview feeling good about it. She told me I can follow up by Wednesday of the following week. By Tuesday, however, I had received a rejection email. I emailed the recruiter back thanking her for the opportunity and if she could give me some feedback. She said she was unable to do that but I should definitely apply again.

I will do just that come next recruiting cycle. Overall it was a good experience. the recruiter was very pleasanton. She put me at ease right away.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at KPMG US in November 2011.

It was a whole day event, from 8am to 5pm. It started with breakfast and time to spend with several staff and one partner. They prepared a presentation on KPMG. Later we had group activities where we played "audit procedure" and "inventory audit", interviewed with a manager and a partner. Tour of the office. Another presentation, then dinner.

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at KPMG US in September 2011.

This interview was an on-campus interview. You get a one on one interview with a senior manager of the specific service. They basically want to get to know you and see if you would fit in their company, of course.

Discover KPMG Summer Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at KPMG US in April 2011.

I applied through my schools career center, and a week after the deadline for submissions had passed I received an email to interview.

The interview was super easy, as we just chatted about my interest, as well my future plans on if I'm interested in tax, audit, or advisory. The recruiter went over my resume wanting to hear about everything I listed. They told me I would hear back in 2 weeks and on the day before it would be too weeks I got a call and was asked if I'm interested in being a part of the program.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation since it's just a leadership program.