KPMG US Interview Questions in San Jose, CA

Updated Apr 18, 2015

2.9

Audit CMI Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview went by smoothly. Lasted a few weeks, but the recruiting team was very communicative and pretty quick to respond so I didn't feel like I was left in the dark.

Interview Questions

• Many of the questions I was asked were inquiries based off from my resumé.   1 Answer

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

I started off with an on-campus interview. I didn't really know much about the company and hadn't met any professionals although my school held a lot of events to encourage networking. The interview was very easy, the interviewer was very nice and welcoming and just asked me to walk her through my resume and what I learned from each job. I articulated the leadership and communication skills I learned and she was pleased. The interview was very conversational and she left a lot of time for questions. I was not very interested in KPMG since EY wass my top choice, but she made that all change. I was informed I got the second round interview the next day, and a week later I had my office visit. The night before the interviews we had a dinner with KPMG professionals and it was very nice if you know how to socialize. The next day, we had a variety of presentations, team building exercises, an office tour, interviews (one with a partner, another with a senior manager), and a very nice lunch with 2 associates. I would say that if you are a genuine, social, and nice person, there is no reason why you shouldn't get an offer. Got my offer 2 hours after the interview.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at KPMG US (San Jose, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

The first interview was held on campus.There was a dinner the day before the second round interview. It was pretty casual and I was sitting by an audit partner and a senior associate. The next day I was interviewed by another audit partner and a manager. They only asked about 2 or 3 questions and the rest of them were just chatting and getting to know you.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of the leadership role you have taken.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG US (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Went to the interview. Pretty standard super day. Met with MDs, VPs, Associates. Was asked several financial questions: Walk me through, DCF, LBO, Accretion dilution model. How do you calculate EV, Equity value. What are the common components of Comparable comps

Negotiation

I had several offers so I was able to negotiate my salary.

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (San Jose, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Really fun process. 1st interview was basic behavioral questions. Second round interviews were very conversational and really just about getting to know you. It was really informative and I was able to get to get a lot of knowledge about the company.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't any really challenging questions. Just behavior questions. They are really just trying to get to know you and see if you are a good fit   Answer Question

Tax Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Very basic questions about my qualifications ie. 150 hour requirement and graduation date. I was surprised that there were no behavioral questions asked.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG US (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Meet with recruiters in the campus job fair, and about 1 week later I was invited to the first round interview. I was interviewed with a manager and all behavior questions. After 1 week from the first round interview, I got the opportunity to the second round. I had three 1:1 interviews with either senior managers or partners, had lunch with associates and had a office tour. Nothing unexpected. They are all very nice.

Tax Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (Mountain View, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

I had a one on one interview with a senior manager of the specific service after the resume screening.

Interview Questions

• The senior manager didn't ask me any questions, but she said that her team prefer to work with someone who doesn't have experience.   Answer Question

Summer Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at KPMG US (Mountain View, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

I applied to KPMG initially in October of 2011 through my school career fair. However I did not hear back from them. I applied again in winter after another career fair at my school. This time, the recruiter that I met at the fair called me to schedule my interview. The interview lasted 30 minutes and it was the same recruiter interviewing me. I felt very much at ease. She asked me a lot of follow up questions, maybe because I was not following the STAR technique properly. I left the interview feeling good about it. She told me I can follow up by Wednesday of the following week. By Tuesday, however, I had received a rejection email. I emailed the recruiter back thanking her for the opportunity and if she could give me some feedback. She said she was unable to do that but I should definitely apply again.

I will do just that come next recruiting cycle. Overall it was a good experience. the recruiter was very pleasanton. She put me at ease right away.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at KPMG US (Mountain View, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

It was a whole day event, from 8am to 5pm. It started with breakfast and time to spend with several staff and one partner. They prepared a presentation on KPMG. Later we had group activities where we played "audit procedure" and "inventory audit", interviewed with a manager and a partner. Tour of the office. Another presentation, then dinner.