KPMG US

2.6

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at KPMG US in April 2009.

The process included a series of group interviews with current staff (not HR folks) and if you made the cut from group to group, you were then presented with a specific "case: (as a form of behavioral interview) where a smaller group offered up a potential client situation and what you would do to serve that particular client. The final interview was with the Partner I would report to.

Better opportunities elsewhere.

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG US

Senior Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG US.

The entrance exams were very difficult but the actual interview process was relatively straight forward. The key things are to prepare extensively to pass the entrance exams while being very specific in terms of what you want to do at KPMG. Nobody in Audit wants to interview someone for an audit role who's long term plan is to be in M&A advisory.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions are few and far between. However, the up front investment into staff is significant so be unequivocal in the fact that you view KPMG as your long term career--any indication that you regard it as a great brand to develop yourself or act as a stepping stone will likely result in termination of the interview process. KPMG knows that it can do for you, what it wants to know is what you can do for it.   Answer Question
    No leeway to negotiate really

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

interviewed at KPMG US in March 2013.

email, followed by face to face interview

no great company

Senior Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

Interview process consisted of three interviews. One initial meeting with an MD, then a phone screen by an SM and followed by an interview with a partner. All involved were very personable and professional. The HR representative responsible for executing the process and negotiating the salary was a little different and in one case blatantly dishonest. However, after several conversations and a call with the MD, everything worked out.

Interview Questions
    • There wasnt anything really unexpected or difficult involved.   Answer Question

I was on the fence the entire time and although I really liked the people I spoke with, the dishonesty from the HR rep was a bad sign.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG US.

Multiple interviews (6 Rounds) with Psychometric Verbal & Numerical Tests

Interview Questions
    • Normal interview questions on business and business development   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at KPMG US in August 2011.

1. Was hired through a placement agency after applying to an online vacancy advertised for on naukri.com
    2. The placement agency shared the c.v. which was then approved by HR in KPMG
    3. Two weeks later HR called and conducted a 20 minute phone interview covering experience and more specifically looked for information on last salary drawn
    4. Met head of practice two weeks later at the KPMG office for another 20 minute interview.
    5. HR got back through the placement agency to offer a position that was two grades lower than what was advertised for
    6. Asked for an understanding on the basis for which the grade/ position was revised
    7. Slow communication process thereafter and the placement agency mentioned their hiring could take upto 4 months

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in August 2010.

I only had my first interview and have to go back for the second.
    Very friendly and pleasant experience. No stress at all.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to leave your current employer and why would you like to join us?   Answer Question
    • What contributions you think you can make to the firm?   Answer Question
    • What are your tasks and responsibilities in your current position?   Answer Question
    • Would you mind having different tasks and clients in different locations?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at KPMG US in July 2010.

received a mail from HR and a link to complete an online personality test. met with a partner on a one-to-one discussion. Briefed on the requirement of the role, then about my past experiences, my pay. No discussion relating to the online test. Was told my cv would be forwarded to other department (which means i don't get the job)

Senior Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in February 2010.

The interview process itself is rather unstructured comparing with other industry competitors. The interview questions also lacked structure and it was unclear what they are after.

Not very difficult