KPMG US

2.7

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US.

It was campus recruiting. 1st round interview.
    I had an opportunity to talk to Tax Partner. It was 1 on 1 interview.
    I thought everything went well. Interview was more like conversational one.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in October 2013.

I got contacted by the Recruiter Director over the phone to check in my availability to be considered for an Associate Expatriate position (even though I applied online for that position!). She then sent me details for an office interview with the team members of the International Tax Group. The interview lasted 2 and a half hours and was with 5 people of the team. All of them very nice and they explained all the details about the Groups, what I would be doing if hired and the interview was more conversational rather than asking me specific questions. I got a good vibe after leaving the office. However after 4 weeks of follow ups and getting no answer the HR person finally informed me that they were not going to pursue any more conversations at that time. One day after the job was reposted on kpmg careers website. Short Hills office is not the office you want to apply to. Very unprofessional and lack of feedback and courtesy to candidates.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions at all. All the interview was friendly and conversational.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG US in February 2013.

Applied through a referral and got a call from an internal recruiter a month later for a phone interview that lasted 15 minutes. After that initial contact got an Interview date with a partner and a manager. Three months later got a second interview with a Senior Manager and a Director. During all this time never got contacted by a HR Recruiter. Even with Follow Ups and Thank you Emails, the recruiter that works for this office never replied to the emails.

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at KPMG US in November 2011.

This was a awful experience for me. First they bring you in like cattle, the presentation was missing slides it was too long and actually hurt the candidates to have to spend so much time there, at some point you run out conversation pieces. Second the managers don't seem to want to be there, employees appeared to be planning their escape or so it seemed.

The KPMG managers that interview you seemed to appear to be forced to do so and just want to get back to their work. You don't know exactly what they are looking for, it seems that KPMG wants the whole package but is KPMG the whole package? Its the smallest of the big four but they want you jump through hoops to impress them. Candidates should be chosen based on their grades and prior experiences instead they make it too personal. The manager i asked questions to could even answer basic questions about the company?? New Jersey is not the office you want to be at that is all I can say.

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in October 2011.

Applied through my schools online career and internship site and was accepted. Scheduled to have an interview with an audit partner in the office of the internship. The interview was very behavioral and more about if short hills is where I want to work and intern. Overall the interview was very relaxed.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at KPMG US in May 2011.

I went through the career services my university offered. I submitted an online application and I got an on-campus interview. From there, they accepted me into a sort of leadership program during the summer. There they interviewed us for internship positions summer. At the end of the program, I got the offer for a paid internship.

Associate, IT Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in January 2011.

I was contacted by recruiter for initial resume walk through and also to know about my willingness to travel, relocation, Visa status, H1B Sponsorship requirement and as well as minimum expected salary. Then there was a phone interview by the manager of the project team where I was supposed to be working. It was for 30min and asked me about resume and past experiences. I am a Masters student with 3 years of IT experience. The manager spoke about the project and the work culture at KPMG.

After phone interview there was a 1:1 interview with the same manager where I was asked about basic standard questions like "Tell me about yourself apart from what is present in the resume?". Later he gave a case study relating to SDLC.I think probably he was checking my confidence level to answer the question as well as how fast & correct I would be able to answer it. Did pretty well. He gave his business card. I sent him thank you mail. later was contacted by recruiter stating that I am through this round probably have to face 2 partner interviews.

After 15 days he again called back and said that there is no need of partner interviews and I have been selected and promised me to make an offer within a week. This was almost delayed by 3 weeks and finally got the offer letter. Accepted and sent back the next day. Recruiters are really friendly and follow up quickly for the questions asked. Don't hesitate to ask the format of Interview or any other questions with recruiter as they would be really helpful.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question
    • Given a scenario of adapting Agile methodology in a mobile company who have been following waterfall method from 20 years, how would you convince the client to follow Agile?   Answer Question
    Negotiation was really difficult. But still would insist to do so. I could increase it by very small margin.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at KPMG US in November 2010.

campus interview followed by an all day on site interview...very friendly

Interview Questions
    as a newbie you take what they offer

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at KPMG US in June 2009.

Met the company through on campus activities run by KPMG, and subsequently applied for their externship program. Received and internship offer after completing two more rounds of interviews. INterviewed for the full-time Audit Associate but did not receive offer.

Interview Questions
    • How would you assert yourself to gain information from a person who is unwilling to share it.   View Answer
    No negotiation as with all of the big four. If you try to negotiate or leverage another offer they will just give the offer to someone else.