KPMG US

Average Difficulty
17 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Campus, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2013.

Interview Details – Met with KMPG at an on campus event first and a week later was invited to an on campus interview. My interview was the first of the day, arrived 10 minutes prior and the person that was supposed to interview me was still not there. He arrived late with no greeters. Deloitte, EY, and McGladrey all had greeters with them. Once the interview started he was very disorganized, did not know what position I was interviewing for, had a laptop he kept looking at, and was inhaling coffee. Never asked me to tell him about myself. Only asked me three questions and then I spent the next 20 minutes interviewing him. When I asked him what the next steps were he told me he did not know.

Interview Question – Only asked three questions, all related to teamwork   Answer Question

New Orleans, LA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview Details – On-campus interview and in-office interview

Interview Question – Situational questions regarding past job experience   Answer Question

Interviewed at KPMG US

Interview Details – Phone interview mostly about my interests,what I knew about service lines. Behavioral questions.

Interview Question – time you showed leadership   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in September 2007.

Interview Details – Intense.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Friendly.

Staff Accounting Interview

Staff Accounting
San Francisco, CA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at KPMG US in March 2008.

Interview Details – At first I thought the interviewers will be intimidating, since after all, KPMG is one of the Big 4 Public Accounting Firms in US. However, I was proven wrong. My interviewers were very nice and easy to talk to. There were two rounds of interview for my position (audit intern). The first round was held in my university and the second round was a 2-day event held in their SF office. They treated the applicants REALLY WELL. They were super generous and super helpful. I am glad I got the job and I very much enjoy working them since then.

Milano (Italy)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at KPMG US in May 2012.

Interview Details – English test, Accounting test, interview with the manager, interview with one or two partner.

Interviewed at KPMG US

Interview Details – If you were an intern, you can proceed to the partner interview right after internship for full time positions.

Interview Details – 1) preinterview dinner
2) 2 interviews - conversational style

Interview Question – They normally ask questions about something that stands out to them about you.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Staff Accountant

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in November 2010.

Interview Details – Campus Interview — KPMG regularly visits college campuses around the country to meet new candidates for positions. This gives you an opportunity to meet us and see what we're all about. Be sure to work closely with your campus Career Services office. They are a good resource for you and can assist with resume and interview preparation. KPMG does most of their first-round interviews on campus through the Career Services office.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for KPMG?   Answer Question

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at KPMG US in April 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process is based on behavioural questions. (i.e. tell me about a time when....). Questions surround topics like: teamwork, communication, talking about your experience on your resume, etc...
The interview process consists of a dinner the night before with the hiring managers of all the audit groups.
Thereafter, the next day, you have an interview with a senior manager and partner. There is also a lunch after both interviews.
You typically hear back on the same day if they are willing to extend and offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a non-cooperating group member? how did you resolve the issue?   Answer Question
  • Why are you involved in these particular extra-curricular activities?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at KPMG US

Worked for KPMG US? Contribute to the Community!

KPMG US Videos

KPMG US – Why Work for Us?

Careers with KPMG From career development to global opportunities, KPMG helps connect you to a variety of ways to build the career you've always wanted. You've worked hard. You've planned well. You've developed your… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at KPMG US Staff Accountant interview questions and advice. All 17 interview reviews posted anonymously by KPMG US employees and interview candidates.