KPMG US Summer Leadership Program Interview Questions

Updated Oct 6, 2014

2.6

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Summer Leadership Program Interview

I applied online – interviewed at KPMG US.

I applied through my career center online. The first round interviews were fairly simple. They just looked over my resume and asked me a few questions about myself, hobbies and interests.

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG US

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online – interviewed at KPMG US.

Interviewed at college career center, very basic conversational questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in April 2014.

One on one interview, very laid back and low key.

Summer Leadership Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in March 2014.

There was a dinner before which was nice and we were seated with a partner who had been helpful with our nerves. During my interview I was interviewed by a different partner. The entire time he was interviewing me he avoided conversation and instead of being interviewed I felt I was being integrated. The partner was not very nice and gave me an extremely bad perception of the firm. Instead of making me feel comfortable like every other firm I was nervous and couldn't be myself.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when your coworker acted in an unethical way.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at KPMG US in March 2014.

Interviewed with a KPMG Partner. It was a little awkward. He didn't ask any behavioral questions, he was more interested about me. He asked why I choose my majors (accounting and MIS).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US.

I did a lot of on campus networking, or went to networking events through on campus organizations. First round interviews are done on campus. My interview was very relaxed because I happened to know the interviewer. For these particular interviews, it helps to know the interviewer or at least get a sense of their personality. That way you can try to connect and have a more casual conversation where they essentially forget to ask behavioral questions. You have to remember they are trying to get an honest perception of you to see if you fit the firm and if they would be able to work with someone like you for a whole day. You may or may not be invited to second rounds that are held in the actual office.

Interview Questions
    • Just remember that anything on your resume is fair game. So try to have a story/experience for everything on there and a lesson you got from it. Do not try to "fluff" or exaggerate on your resume too much because you can potentially get called out for it!   Answer Question

I had to go back and forth between coasts to get to different summer leadership programs, so I had to be selective and choose only a few to attend. Also had an internship so I could not take so many days off if I attended all SLP's

Summer Leadership Program Interview

apply online and have a behavioral interview on campus

Summer Leadership Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at KPMG US in March 2011.

I had an interview at my university's career center. When I first arrived, I was greeted by 2 KPMG recruiters who myself and the other interviewees had a chance to talk to for a while before the actual interview. We introduced ourselves, made small talk, and got some small snacks. After a while I was passed off to my actual interviewer, who was very accomplished himself (according to the previous KPMG recruiters). The interview was pretty low energy and I can only remember him asking me one actual question. He told me about his background and work and I had the chance to ask some questions, then it was over. Overall, I got a very good impression from the first 2 KPMG employees I met (they were extremely friendly and inviting), but not my interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult team you've had to work with and what did you do?   View Answer