KPMG US Tax Accountant Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Tax Accountant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2013.

They invited the interviewees out to dinner the night before the interview to network with the partners and professionals interviewing the candidates. This was a good opportunity to get to know the person that was scheduled to interview you the next day, and also to ask them any questions that might not have been possible or appropriate during the actual interview. There was an open bar, so most of the professionals were feeling rather "loose" anyway.

The interview was the next day. It was a scheduled 30 minute interview which focused heavily on behavioral type questions, such as "tell me about a time when..." The partner interviewing me seemed to be a completely different person the day of the interview than he was the night before at dinner - he was very serious and almost rude. The majority of the interview revolved around my GPA and what set me apart/why I should be hired over "more qualified" individuals; he took me line by line through my resume and had me give him examples of the items on my resume.

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG US

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

The process took 2 days - interviewed at KPMG US in March 2010.

They had a dinner at a nice restaurant with other applicants and current staff. I thought I carried myself well at the dinner. I asked about overtime requirements, and it seemed like they were a little worried I was asking about that. The next day I had a one on one interview which I thought went very well. I answered their questions, and felt like I had a good interaction but was not chosen. Overall it was a good experience and one I will learn from.

Tax Accountant Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at KPMG US in June 2012.

The department I applied for International Expatriate services. The whole process was over in 3 hours. It consisted of 3 interviews. First round with the HR, second with the team manager and final round with team head. The questions asked were very general, like family background, schooling etc and a few about taxation.

Interview Questions

Worked for KPMG US? Contribute to the Community!