KPMG US

Average Difficulty
54 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Tax Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview Details – I went through KPMG first round campus interview. It was very straight forward, not very conversational. I was asked about 4-5 behavioral questions and my interviewer wrote down something quickly. I also asked some questions like what's the company's management style.

Interview Question – Show me an example how you over come a learning curve.   Answer Question

Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 months - interviewed at KPMG US in April 2013.

Interview Details – Meet with recruiters in the campus job fair, and about 1 week later I was invited to the first round interview. I was interviewed with a manager and all behavior questions. After 1 week from the first round interview, I got the opportunity to the second round. I had three 1:1 interviews with either senior managers or partners, had lunch with associates and had a office tour. Nothing unexpected. They are all very nice.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at KPMG US in December 2011.

Interview Details – Recruiter called me one phone interview, one in office and then comp discussion

Interview Question – How have you dealt with difficult people in the past?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate for the entry salary if you can

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at KPMG US in August 2011.

Interview Details – Met with associates and senior associates for lunch, and had behavioral interviews with partners and managers. They were all friendly and are looking for three things: Do you want to work in Tax? Are you going to fit in? and... Are you going to work hard?

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you were a leader in something...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in August 2013.

Interview Details – Everyone involved was warm and welcoming. The interview process was more greared to determine if your personality is a fit with the practice and technical questions were asked but very high level.

Interview Question – None. It was pretty straight forward. No surprises, no gimmicks, scripts, ect.. It was a conversation and not a Q&A.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Brief. No room for negotiation.

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at KPMG US in September 2013.

Interview Details – through careers office at school. Resume submission and interview with Manager. Asked expected questions, such as Why KPMG? Why International Tax?

Interview Question – He draw an international transaction and asked to explain the tax consequences for the U.S. corporation. Then changed to U.S. partnership.   View Answer

New York, NY

I interviewed at KPMG US in October 2013.

Interview Details – applied on campus recruiting and got informed of interview two days of the interview day and had over the phone i

Interview Question – What would you do if you get chanllenged by your team member? What is your teamwork experioence   Answer Question

Tax Associate

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview Details – Applied through the campus career center website as well as the official KPMG website. Had a first round interview on campus and was notified within a few days that I had been selected for a second round interview in office. The in-office interviews were more challenging than the first round on campus interview, but nothing too unbearable. Overall it was a very pleasant process.

Interview Question – it was something about describing a time when you had to make a work/life balance decision and what was complicated about it.   Answer Question

Short Hills, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2013.

Interview Details – I got contacted by the Recruiter Director over the phone to check in my availability to be considered for an Associate Expatriate position (even though I applied online for that position!). She then sent me details for an office interview with the team members of the International Tax Group. The interview lasted 2 and a half hours and was with 5 people of the team. All of them very nice and they explained all the details about the Groups, what I would be doing if hired and the interview was more conversational rather than asking me specific questions. I got a good vibe after leaving the office. However after 4 weeks of follow ups and getting no answer the HR person finally informed me that they were not going to pursue any more conversations at that time. One day after the job was reposted on kpmg careers website. Short Hills office is not the office you want to apply to. Very unprofessional and lack of feedback and courtesy to candidates.

Interview Question – No difficult questions at all. All the interview was friendly and conversational.   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2013.

Interview Details – Campus recruiting. First round - on-campus interview, second round - office visit. There will be pre-night, dinner, breakfast and lunch that prepared for candidates, which are highly recommended to candidates to participate.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that your supervisor gave you a constructive suggestion, and how did you take it?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at KPMG US

Worked for KPMG US? Contribute to the Community!

KPMG US Videos

KPMG US – Why Work for Us?

Careers with KPMG From career development to global opportunities, KPMG helps connect you to a variety of ways to build the career you've always wanted. You've worked hard. You've planned well. You've developed your… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at KPMG US Tax Associate interview questions and advice. All 54 interview reviews posted anonymously by KPMG US employees and interview candidates.