KPMG US Tax Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 6, 2015
Updated Apr 6, 2015

2.9

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (Omaha, NE) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process is divided into three sections: 20 mins with a tax manager, 20 mins with an audit manager, and then a staff panel. After all three sections are complete, they take you to dinner and allow you to talk to more associates.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG US

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview

Applied online for the specific position and received an email ask me for a phone interview. phone interview first ask for informational question about resume. after 2 wks received email ask for an on site interview with different people and had lunch with them

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at KPMG US.

Interview

You meet with the partner, then managers. Takes about an hr depending on everyones schedule and if they like you. They are more interested in your social skills and ability in excel over your actual degree you graduated in.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to this job with the degree you currently have? (I graduated with a psych degree)   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

Interview

Applied through university. Whole process took about a month.
    Heard back about a first round interview a week after I applied. They held and informal meet and greet at a local bar in town. I met my interviewer and a few associates at the event. The next day I had a very laid back interview with a senior partner. We talked about sports and stuff for the first 10 minutes. Then he asked me some very basic behavioral questions and left me almost 20 minutes to ask him questions. Heard back about a 2nd round at their office less than 2 weeks later. Flew me to the city, put me up in a hotel. Took me to a very nice dinner and then had the interview the next day. Started with breakfast and some team building exercises. Had 2 back to back interviews, mostly conversational. No real behavioral questions at all. Just a get to know you get to know me type deal. Went as well as it could have gone. Super easy process. Got a rejection email about a week later.

Interview Questions

• What are have you done in the past 4 years that you are most proud of?   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in November 2014.

Interview

I had a first round interview on campus and heard back within a week that I had been selected for a second interview at the office.
    They flew me in for the interview and took the candidates out for dinner the night before the interview which to get to know everyone which really helps make the experience less nerve racking. The next day I had four one on one interviews at the office. I heard back within a week that I had received an offer.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral questions for both the first and second round interviews. Nothing too difficult--really just wanted to get to know me/know if I would be a good fit. Asked a lot about my resume and typical behavioral questions like leadership/group work experience, etc. (have solid examples of times you demonstrated leadership or had to work in a difficult group situation and how you dealt with it, etc.)   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at KPMG US in November 2014.

Interview

Got the interview through a temp agency. Interview lasted an hour and a half, one manager asking questions about situations in the past, the other asking how you would handle situations in the future.

Interview Questions

• Was put on the spot between the two interviewers, asked if put in a situation where I had to finish work with a deadline for one of the two, who's work would I complete first.   Answer Question

Negotiation

This is a temp to hire position. I haven't received the full-time offer yet.

Tax Associate Interview

Interview

Initial interview was at my school. Interview was with a partner from the division and area I wanted. Very casual interview but once they heard my GPA I feel like the interviewed lost interest. Did not receive a call back

Interview Questions

• Normal questions but what caught me by surprise was tell me a time you stood up for something you believed in?   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at KPMG US.

Interview

First round interview was very friendly and relaxed. Didn't ask anything unexpected. They really wanted to know why I was going into tax, what I was passionate about, and how well I had thought through the public accounting profession. The interviewer was excellent and led the conversation well. I was impressed with her. I could tell she was looking to determine not what I knew about tax, but more about how intelligent of a person I was overall.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   1 Answer

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview

The campus recruiter was too serious which made me very nervous in the interview. Questions he asked were all about behavior. I performed very well in the beginning, but felt much more nervous later.

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview

Casual pre-interview event on campus, 30 minute campus interview with Senior Associate (audit), then 30 minute phone interview with a Tax Partner about a week or two later. Mostly basic behavioral questions and general about yourself, your direction/career aspirations, and your accomplishments. Both interviewers were very nice.