KPMG US Tax Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2014

2.9

55 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at KPMG US.

I went through KPMG first round campus interview. It was very straight forward, not very conversational. I was asked about 4-5 behavioral questions and my interviewer wrote down something quickly. I also asked some questions like what's the company's management style.

Interview Questions
  • Show me an example how you over come a learning curve.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG US

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 months - interviewed at KPMG US in April 2013.

Meet with recruiters in the campus job fair, and about 1 week later I was invited to the first round interview. I was interviewed with a manager and all behavior questions. After 1 week from the first round interview, I got the opportunity to the second round. I had three 1:1 interviews with either senior managers or partners, had lunch with associates and had a office tour. Nothing unexpected. They are all very nice.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at KPMG US in December 2011.

Recruiter called me one phone interview, one in office and then comp discussion

Interview Questions
    Negotiate for the entry salary if you can

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at KPMG US in August 2011.

Met with associates and senior associates for lunch, and had behavioral interviews with partners and managers. They were all friendly and are looking for three things: Do you want to work in Tax? Are you going to fit in? and... Are you going to work hard?

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you were a leader in something...   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in August 2013.

Everyone involved was warm and welcoming. The interview process was more greared to determine if your personality is a fit with the practice and technical questions were asked but very high level.

Interview Questions
    • None. It was pretty straight forward. No surprises, no gimmicks, scripts, ect.. It was a conversation and not a Q&A.   Answer Question
    Brief. No room for negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at KPMG US in September 2013.

through careers office at school. Resume submission and interview with Manager. Asked expected questions, such as Why KPMG? Why International Tax?

Interview Questions
    • He draw an international transaction and asked to explain the tax consequences for the U.S. corporation. Then changed to U.S. partnership.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

interviewed at KPMG US in October 2013.

applied on campus recruiting and got informed of interview two days of the interview day and had over the phone i

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you get chanllenged by your team member? What is your teamwork experioence   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US.

Applied through the campus career center website as well as the official KPMG website. Had a first round interview on campus and was notified within a few days that I had been selected for a second round interview in office. The in-office interviews were more challenging than the first round on campus interview, but nothing too unbearable. Overall it was a very pleasant process.

Interview Questions
    • it was something about describing a time when you had to make a work/life balance decision and what was complicated about it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Short Hills, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2013.

I got contacted by the Recruiter Director over the phone to check in my availability to be considered for an Associate Expatriate position (even though I applied online for that position!). She then sent me details for an office interview with the team members of the International Tax Group. The interview lasted 2 and a half hours and was with 5 people of the team. All of them very nice and they explained all the details about the Groups, what I would be doing if hired and the interview was more conversational rather than asking me specific questions. I got a good vibe after leaving the office. However after 4 weeks of follow ups and getting no answer the HR person finally informed me that they were not going to pursue any more conversations at that time. One day after the job was reposted on kpmg careers website. Short Hills office is not the office you want to apply to. Very unprofessional and lack of feedback and courtesy to candidates.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions at all. All the interview was friendly and conversational.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2013.

Campus recruiting. First round - on-campus interview, second round - office visit. There will be pre-night, dinner, breakfast and lunch that prepared for candidates, which are highly recommended to candidates to participate.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that your supervisor gave you a constructive suggestion, and how did you take it?   View Answer

Worked for KPMG US? Contribute to the Community!