KPMG US Tax Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

interviewed at KPMG US (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

applied on campus recruiting and got informed of interview two days of the interview day and had over the phone i

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you get chanllenged by your team member? What is your teamwork experioence   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG US

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (Washington, DC) in October 2013.

Interview

Campus recruiting. First round - on-campus interview, second round - office visit. There will be pre-night, dinner, breakfast and lunch that prepared for candidates, which are highly recommended to candidates to participate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that your supervisor gave you a constructive suggestion, and how did you take it?   1 Answer

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward. During my talk with the partner it almost felt as if I was interviewing him. The interview with the manager was more about my resume and my experiences. There is also a presentation about the company where you get a chance to ask questions before you go into the two interviews. Following these 3 sections, you go out to lunch with a few associates and get a chance to ask them questions.

Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (Short Hills, NJ) in October 2013.

Interview

I got contacted by the Recruiter Director over the phone to check in my availability to be considered for an Associate Expatriate position (even though I applied online for that position!). She then sent me details for an office interview with the team members of the International Tax Group. The interview lasted 2 and a half hours and was with 5 people of the team. All of them very nice and they explained all the details about the Groups, what I would be doing if hired and the interview was more conversational rather than asking me specific questions. I got a good vibe after leaving the office. However after 4 weeks of follow ups and getting no answer the HR person finally informed me that they were not going to pursue any more conversations at that time. One day after the job was reposted on kpmg careers website. Short Hills office is not the office you want to apply to. Very unprofessional and lack of feedback and courtesy to candidates.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions at all. All the interview was friendly and conversational.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

Interview

First round on campus, met 2 people (associate, senior manager) followed by a social dinner with staff and employees.
    Second round in office, 3 people (manager, senior manager, partner).

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to stay in a city with no family and friends?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at KPMG US (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

through careers office at school. Resume submission and interview with Manager. Asked expected questions, such as Why KPMG? Why International Tax?

Interview Questions

• He draw an international transaction and asked to explain the tax consequences for the U.S. corporation. Then changed to U.S. partnership.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at KPMG US (Albany, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

all kinds of behaviour questions, such as introduce yourself , how do you do when you having a lot of work to do , how do you set up your priority so on and so forth . But when you go to for an on site interview , which is quite nervous and you have do calm down and do what you should do .

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US (Boston, MA).

Interview

I first applied for the company by sending in an online application for their sophomore leadership program called Discover KPMG. That was in January/February. The recruiter was very nice. In March, I was invited to an on campus with a manager in audit, who I loved. He was talkative and friendly. He asked questions about the leadership positions I had on my resume. I was offered a spot at the program in June, where I interviewed for the tax summer internship for the next year.

My interviewer was a tax manager, who was nice, but she did not impress me because she read typical questions off a sheet of lined paper and did not provide enough time for me to ask her the questions I had in mind. I expected to have more than just one question answered because I was considering another Big 4 firm who had already given me an internship offer. After the interview, I met more professionals throughout the leadership program, which was successful and gave me a feel for the company culture.

Interview Questions

• Are you interested in just any Big 4 or why KPMG?   1 Answer

I believe I fit in more with the culture at another Big 4. The other firm also had a larger presence in my city, with more opportunities.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

Everyone involved was warm and welcoming. The interview process was more greared to determine if your personality is a fit with the practice and technical questions were asked but very high level.

Interview Questions

• None. It was pretty straight forward. No surprises, no gimmicks, scripts, ect.. It was a conversation and not a Q&A.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Brief. No room for negotiation.

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at KPMG US in June 2013.

Interview

The interview process was very intense. There are numerous phone interviews and 1 in person interview. The calls happened with different members of the team in California and in New Jersey. The in person interview was done in a group. Then the interview was done on a one on one basis.

Interview Questions

• How would you make up for the lack of technical experience?   Answer Question