KPMG US Tax Intern Interview Questions

3.2

Tax Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US in March 2014.

Interview

Applied through university career website. The first interview was with a partner. He was really nice and I liked him very much. The interview was for about 30 minutes, and I was surprised that he asked me only few questions (Maybe that was enough for him). The questions were pretty much behavioral. He asked me if I have any questions, and I asked few until time ran out. I think it was 15 minutes of me talking and 15 minutes of him talking. I got a phone call in 3-4 business days about second round of interview at the office. I interviewed with 2 partners there. It was same idea - no technical questions. I think they want to see if they like you and you will be a good fit. UPDATE: The second round interview was on Friday, and I got a phone call on Monday morning from the recruiting manager telling me that I got the internship. I really like how the process with KPMG is super quick!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG US

Tax Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG US in February 2014.

Interview

My first interview was an on campus interview. That week they called to tell me that they wanted me to go to their office. I interacted with the staff through social events and everyone was really nice. On the day of the office visit I had two "interviews" which were more of casual conversation with the managers. Afterwards, there was a panel where you could ask them questions, and then they treat me to lunch.

Tax Intern Interview

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting. went to the first round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at KPMG US (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2012.

Interview

Walk me through your resume?
    Experience in Transfer Pricing?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

A phone call with the salary ready, it seems to be the same salary of $3666 per month for all interns.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (New York, NY) in November 2012.

Interview

Applied through campus career services, and had three interviews--two with partners and one with a manager. Both rounds of interviews were preceded by pre-interview dinners, although the people I interviewed with weren't present at either. Manager interview was very standard, partner interviews were more free-flowing, and focused much more on interests. All of the questions were behavioral, and there was lots of time for my own questions.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to be in this group?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at KPMG US (Boston, MA) in October 2012.

Interview

Two rounds interview. One on campus, one on site. it went very well for the first round. I had a great experience in talking with the tax manager. There were several team work project during the second round interview. the questions in second round were quite standard.Get good prepared for that. They are kind of slow in deciding the final result.

Interview Questions

• Standard question.
      Eg. Tell me your team work experience.

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (New Orleans, LA) in October 2012.

Interview

Applied through on-campus interview program. Pre-interview dinner the night before with all candidates applying to KPMG. The dinner was mainly to get to know the interviewers for the following day. First interview was one on one and was conversational with no behavioral questions. Was e-mailed about a week and a half later for second interview. Second interview was office visit and was very brief (only 30 minutes with conversational questions again).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG US (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

I went to a pre-interview dinner which helped get to know the bosses. The interviewer asked about my leadership skills, education, and community service. It wasn't "hard" but then again I had already networked with the employers on campus before the actual interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no need to negotiate. I was very pleased with my salary offer (plus signing bonus).

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at KPMG US (Orlando, FL) in October 2011.

Interview

I met with their recruiters on campus, and received an invitation to an on-campus interview and a pre-interview social the night before. The on-campus interview was mostly just a conversation and discussion of my resume. After that, I received an invite to an office visit (the "Inside Look"). The office visit consisted of a dinner/meet and greet, then multiple interviews the next day with various managers and partners. The interviews were largely just conversations more than anything.

Interview Questions

• They looked at my transcript, pointed out my lowest grade, and asked "What happened?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at KPMG US (Chicago, IL) in September 2011.

Interview

Have a on-campus interview of the tax intern at KPMG, the interview went on just like a conversation, the employers were friendly. they asked me about my school life, teamwork, communication skills, time management and so on.
    It is a helpful experience for me although I didnt get the chance to go with the 2nd round interview. I love this company.