KPMG US Interview Questions in Toronto, ON

2.8

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2014.

Interview

Had initial telephone conversations before formally entering process. Was then assigned a buddy and scheduled for a first round case interview. If successful there is then a final interview with a panel of partners.

Interview Questions

• If you could only work for one client for the rest of your career who would it be and why?   Answer Question

Senior Global Marketing Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2013.

Interview

Had a screening interview with a recruiter, then in-person with the same recruiter. Recruiter was slick, misleading and overly promising. Met two of the global marketing leads and had positive conversations with both. KPMG ended up promoting an internal person into the role.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG US (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2012.

Interview

There are two stages of interviews. One is normal one-on-one case interview combined with behvioral questions - 2 rounds of these. The second stage, if you make through the first one, is a panel interview. In the panel interview, the candidate is given a real-life case with all the data and access to excel and powerpoint. The candidate gets three hours to understand the problem at hand, analyze the data and recommend solutions through a power point template. The candidate gets 15 minutes before a panel followed by 15 mins of questions/ answer session.

Interview Questions

• What would be one reason that you would not want to join KPMG   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much room for negotiation. Packages are standardized and have regular terms and conditions.

Staff Accountant Coop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at KPMG US (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2012.

Interview

Applied through campus recruitment for co-op placement. Interviewed by manager then partner. Got offer the next day. Easy process overall, great interviewers who were very nice and chatted to me about their lives

Interview Questions

• Easy chat/qualitative questions. They just wanna see if you are interested in CA and if you can hold up a conversation   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at KPMG US (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2011.

Interview

Both interviews were great and professional. The phone interview provided a good description of the job expectations and the environment. The 1:1 was very professional, focused on what I know and how I can bring value to the Team and to the company. One year later I can say that everything I was told in the interview still applies, and I still feel the same excitement as day one.

Interview Questions

• - Describe the most challenging project you worked on in your career.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2010.

Interview

Submitted Resume & Cover Letter
    E-mailed for 2 one on one interviews at their corporate office
    Lunch with one of the representatives

Associate, IT Advisory Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at KPMG US (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2010.

Interview

Received interview through email. Somewhat disorganized as it was the first year that the IT-CA training position was opened up for KPMG. Did not even realize what position I was being interviewed for until the actual interview (Emailed and Phoned Human Resources and anyone I could reach but could not get a response back). Asked standard personal and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question
    • What was the most challenging thing you have done up to date and what did you do to prepare and complete the task?   Answer Question

Advisory Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG US (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2010.

Interview

I've had about 4 phones interview and 1 in-person interview. Phone interviews were with an HR person and then with senior executives all around the world. The questions were not hard, but the interviews were still quite challenging. Information that has been shared with me about the company was actually the reason I finally didn't take the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage multiple stakeholders in a complex project and bypass the red tape?   Answer Question

2 of the executives I've spoken too were really candid talking about the negative aspects of the job and the company, and although I told them every time that I was still interested, when it came down to signing the offer, everything they told me has finally settled in and I didn't take that risk. Basically I've been talked out of the job by the hiring managers themselves. :)

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at KPMG US (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2010.

Interview

I had a group interview with two actuarial analysts. it was a fairly casual one. No tricky questions at all. During the first part of interview, they basically asked my previous work experience, my credentials. Then, they took out a sheet with a list of behaviour questions and randomly several ones. (ie: tell me how do you deal with deadline, confict with co-worker, 3 strengths, ect.)

Consultant Interview

Application

Interview

Interviewers were extremely pleasant, and made the entire process seem like a normal dialogue. Interview predominantly focused on fit questions, and reviewing what was already on my resume.

There were no case study questions.