KPMG US Interview Questions in Toronto, ON

2.8

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Staff Accountant Coop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at KPMG US in September 2012.

Applied through campus recruitment for co-op placement. Interviewed by manager then partner. Got offer the next day. Easy process overall, great interviewers who were very nice and chatted to me about their lives

Interview Questions
    • Easy chat/qualitative questions. They just wanna see if you are interested in CA and if you can hold up a conversation   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in March 2014.

Had initial telephone conversations before formally entering process. Was then assigned a buddy and scheduled for a first round case interview. If successful there is then a final interview with a panel of partners.

Interview Questions
    • If you could only work for one client for the rest of your career who would it be and why?   Answer Question

Senior Global Marketing Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in January 2013.

Had a screening interview with a recruiter, then in-person with the same recruiter. Recruiter was slick, misleading and overly promising. Met two of the global marketing leads and had positive conversations with both. KPMG ended up promoting an internal person into the role.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2012.

There are two stages of interviews. One is normal one-on-one case interview combined with behvioral questions - 2 rounds of these. The second stage, if you make through the first one, is a panel interview. In the panel interview, the candidate is given a real-life case with all the data and access to excel and powerpoint. The candidate gets three hours to understand the problem at hand, analyze the data and recommend solutions through a power point template. The candidate gets 15 minutes before a panel followed by 15 mins of questions/ answer session.

Interview Questions
    • What would be one reason that you would not want to join KPMG   Answer Question
    Not much room for negotiation. Packages are standardized and have regular terms and conditions.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at KPMG US in February 2011.

Both interviews were great and professional. The phone interview provided a good description of the job expectations and the environment. The 1:1 was very professional, focused on what I know and how I can bring value to the Team and to the company. One year later I can say that everything I was told in the interview still applies, and I still feel the same excitement as day one.

Interview Questions
    • - Describe the most challenging project you worked on in your career.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

The process took a day - interviewed at KPMG US in September 2010.

Interviewers were extremely pleasant, and made the entire process seem like a normal dialogue. Interview predominantly focused on fit questions, and reviewing what was already on my resume.

There were no case study questions.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at KPMG US in April 2009.

The interview process is based on behavioural questions. (i.e. tell me about a time when....). Questions surround topics like: teamwork, communication, talking about your experience on your resume, etc...
    The interview process consists of a dinner the night before with the hiring managers of all the audit groups.
    Thereafter, the next day, you have an interview with a senior manager and partner. There is also a lunch after both interviews.
    You typically hear back on the same day if they are willing to extend and offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a non-cooperating group member? how did you resolve the issue?   Answer Question
    • Why are you involved in these particular extra-curricular activities?   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

The process took a day - interviewed at KPMG US in September 2010.

I had a group interview with two actuarial analysts. it was a fairly casual one. No tricky questions at all. During the first part of interview, they basically asked my previous work experience, my credentials. Then, they took out a sheet with a list of behaviour questions and randomly several ones. (ie: tell me how do you deal with deadline, confict with co-worker, 3 strengths, ect.)

Advisory Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at KPMG US in September 2010.

I've had about 4 phones interview and 1 in-person interview. Phone interviews were with an HR person and then with senior executives all around the world. The questions were not hard, but the interviews were still quite challenging. Information that has been shared with me about the company was actually the reason I finally didn't take the job.

Interview Questions
    • How would you manage multiple stakeholders in a complex project and bypass the red tape?   Answer Question

2 of the executives I've spoken too were really candid talking about the negative aspects of the job and the company, and although I told them every time that I was still interested, when it came down to signing the offer, everything they told me has finally settled in and I didn't take that risk. Basically I've been talked out of the job by the hiring managers themselves. :)

Associate, IT Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2010.

Received interview through email. Somewhat disorganized as it was the first year that the IT-CA training position was opened up for KPMG. Did not even realize what position I was being interviewed for until the actual interview (Emailed and Phoned Human Resources and anyone I could reach but could not get a response back). Asked standard personal and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question
    • What was the most challenging thing you have done up to date and what did you do to prepare and complete the task?   Answer Question

Worked for KPMG US? Contribute to the Community!