KPMG US

2.7

37 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at KPMG US.

The interview process was pretty easy. Had a coffee initially with someone from the office then a couple days later had two behavioral interviews back to back with two higher-ups from the office I was going to be working in. They vet you as a candidate beforehand so these interviews seemed to simply be a way to get to know you and your personality.

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions. When did you have to lead a team through a tough situation? When were you faced with an issue with your boss?   Answer Question
    I was an intern so I'm pretty sure negotiating was out of the question.

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

I received an email from a recruiter saying he wanted to schedule a phone interview. I responded immediately, told him I was on vacation so I had open availability all week and would love to connect, blah blah. Then, silence. I followed up twice. No response. Then, just to test to see if he was a legit person, I found him on LinkedIn and sent him a connect request. He accepted it immediately. So then I emailed him a third time, and STILL no response. Nothing. I'll probably never bother applying for a job at KPMG because of this experience. Totally unprofessional.

I don't get it...

Federal Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in October 2014.

I applied through campus recruiting. I had one 30 min interview with a partner. The interview was very conversational, I think they were just trying to see if I would be a good fit. He asked me to tell me about myself, why I wanted to work at KPMG, why fed audit, CPA plans..etc. I was notified within a week that I was invited to a second round interview at the office. The second round interview was over two days and consisted of presentations, networking, dinner and two interviews. Again, the two interviews at the office were very personable and focused on trying to get to know me. I was asked a few more behavioral questions. I received an offer the following week.

No negotiation.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US in October 2014.

I applied through my college. I met some staff at the reception, and they were extremely friendly. The on-campus interview was behavioral, nothing too hard or challenging. At the second round interview, I had the chance to meet the partner, who had a good sense of humor, and all other staff. The interviews were even more relaxing. They just wanted to know about me, my personality, and my work ethic. After the office visit, I felt like it's a place that I would love to go to work every day.

Credit Risk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in October 2014.

1st round interview: on campus. basic behavioral questions. KNOW SAS
    2nd round interview: 2 back to back at their office. Meet with a director and manager. They then let you network with a lot of their employees from associate to partners, they wine and dine you, it is a nice experience.

Interview Questions
    • None too difficult, know about yourself, be able to explain past projects, teamwork, etc...   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in September 2014.

I applied online and was contacted by the HR for phone screening. Then the head of the team called for phone screening. I was invited for in person interview and met two managers and two directors.

Interview Questions
    • Tech Questions about discount rate, interest only bond, principal only bond, CMBS.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG US.

Posted resume through university's website and was selected for an interview on-campus. Interviewed with partner on-campus and was selected for second round of interviews on-site at Mclean, VA. Second round of interviews included a dinner reception. Had two interviews: one with a manager and one with a partner. Heard back within 2-3 weeks.

No negotiation.

Tax Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in March 2014.

I submitted my resume and was chosen among 30 others for an interview. We were all allocated 30 minute slots and went in to interview with 2 interviewers, who mainly spoke about what the position entailed. They sat on opposite ends of the room, and left me in the middle, which was slightly awkward.

Interview Questions
    • They asked about a couple of different tax vehicles that are up and coming, but it wasn't expected to be known. The most unexpected thing was that they didn't ask that many questions, but one interviewer mainly spoke non-stop for 30 minutes.   Answer Question

Associate, Credit Risk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in March 2014.

First round on campus. with no behavioral questions or resume questions. most of time was discussing about mortgage banking industry. The super day is in McLean office. Interviewed by a manager and a director. The manager asked dozens of tech questions and the director focused on behavioral questions, such as strength, past leadership experiences.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't expected tech questions, but it wasn't that hard. As long as you do your research, it would be fine.   Answer Question

Healthcare Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG US.

Was called in for a round of interviews and told I would hear back if I got an offer within a week. Two plus weeks go by and they ask if I can come back for another round in another two weeks. Another two weeks go by and I was rejected.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult. Just enduring a bunch of partners who are extremely full of themselves. Can't blame them...I would be too with that pay check   Answer Question