KPMG US Interview Questions in Washington, DC

2.6

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

I received an email from a recruiter saying he wanted to schedule a phone interview. I responded immediately, told him I was on vacation so I had open availability all week and would love to connect, blah blah. Then, silence. I followed up twice. No response. Then, just to test to see if he was a legit person, I found him on LinkedIn and sent him a connect request. He accepted it immediately. So then I emailed him a third time, and STILL no response. Nothing. I'll probably never bother applying for a job at KPMG because of this experience. Totally unprofessional.

I don't get it...

Tax Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in March 2014.

I submitted my resume and was chosen among 30 others for an interview. We were all allocated 30 minute slots and went in to interview with 2 interviewers, who mainly spoke about what the position entailed. They sat on opposite ends of the room, and left me in the middle, which was slightly awkward.

Interview Questions
    • They asked about a couple of different tax vehicles that are up and coming, but it wasn't expected to be known. The most unexpected thing was that they didn't ask that many questions, but one interviewer mainly spoke non-stop for 30 minutes.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

I applied for the internship through the Washington, DC externship program. All interviews geared entirely towards determining your personality and if you are a sociable, friendly person. Show that you have hobbies and enthusiasm and that you are a person that coworkers can work with in a small room. Try to get to know recruiters ahead of time through on-campus events or through personal connections.

Non-negotiable.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in October 2013.

Campus recruiting. First round - on-campus interview, second round - office visit. There will be pre-night, dinner, breakfast and lunch that prepared for candidates, which are highly recommended to candidates to participate.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that your supervisor gave you a constructive suggestion, and how did you take it?   View Answer

EVS Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US in September 2013.

Applied on campus and received interview invitation soon. A reception was scheduled before the interview day for candidates to ask questions and mix up with current employees and other candidates. Overall, it's a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions
    • General behavioral questions: What's your favorite course? Do you prefer working independently or within a group?   Answer Question

Federal Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at KPMG US in September 2013.

It was an on campus recruitment interview. The guy was extremely rude and unprofessional. I answered all of his questions the best despite the man being so awful.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US in February 2013.

It's an on campus interview for associate position in economics consulting. 1-1interview and a lot of behavior questions such as why do you choose KPMG. It lasts half an hour. First go through some projects on resume and then give several behavior questions. At last, let you ask several questions about them.

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

Went through Career Services Online at my university to drop my resume. Was selected for first round interview which lasted about 30 minutes then got invited for second round interview in office. Office visit was laid back and most of the time was spent learning about the firm and networking with the staff. Had two interviews during the office visit and they were similar to the first round interview, extremely laid back for a Big 4. All my interviews involved the interviewer spending most of the time asking me what questions I had. Make sure you are well prepared with questions.

Interview Questions
    • What questions do you have for me. I was asked this six times in one 30 minute interview. I began to wonder if my earlier questions sucked   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate as this is an intern position.

Federal Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in October 2012.

On Campus Interview - they say it will be behavioral, but the interviewers are open to conversational, so try to turn it into the conversation and your good

Second Round Interview - A dinner the first day, and office visit the second day. They just want to get to know you and how you'll fit in. Talk to as many people as you can, not so that they know you, but so that you know everything you want to before the interview ends.

Not my preferred location

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in October 2012.

Went in for the 2nd round interviews, great networking event the night before interviews where we met with partners and managers. The next morning we viewed a presentation on the benefits, expectations, and opportunities of KPMG and then went in for interviews. There was also a "closed door" panel of senior and 1st year associates to answer questions. The questions were standard and revolved around the content on your resume. They expected detailed, well told stories revolving around the skills needed in the audit industry. They were also conversational, testing your ability to carry a fluid and meaningful discussion.

Interview Questions
    • All questions for personality based and lead-ins for some type of story.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiations as far as pay for interns, but there is some leeway in determining in what industry you would like to work. They expect you to make a decision between Federal or Commercial before they extend you an offer letter.