KPMG Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Updated Aug 7, 2015

2.6

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at KPMG (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

I got an email from the recruiter saying they wanted to set up a phone screening. I sent her some times and, without confirming, she called me at 8AM the next day. She asked me basic questions like what I was interested and what salary I was looking for. It moved pretty fast from there, I had a second phone interview and then at 4PM on Tuesday they asked if I could come in at 1PM on Wednesday. I had two "job fit" type interviews, just "tell me about your resume" "why KPMG" type stuff. The conversations were very casual and enjoyable. Although one Manager told me that "KPMG is a BFD to have on your resume, and once you get your foot in the door you don't have to do well after that." Take that as you will. From there I was asked to come in on Friday for an hour meeting with (who would be) my hiring manager. She showed up late and was super frazzled and appeared really stressed out. She let me know that the job would be tough but we had a great conversation and she asked me when I could start. From there I've heard nothing. No response from any of the managers I spoke to. Four weeks after my last interview I received an email from the recruiter saying that she would get me a final decision by the end of the week...that was three weeks ago. I did follow up several times. Pretty disorganized process.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in your next company?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at KPMG (Washington, DC).

Interview

The interview process was pretty easy. Had a coffee initially with someone from the office then a couple days later had two behavioral interviews back to back with two higher-ups from the office I was going to be working in. They vet you as a candidate beforehand so these interviews seemed to simply be a way to get to know you and your personality.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions. When did you have to lead a team through a tough situation? When were you faced with an issue with your boss?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was an intern so I'm pretty sure negotiating was out of the question.

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Washington, DC).

Interview

I received an email from a recruiter saying he wanted to schedule a phone interview. I responded immediately, told him I was on vacation so I had open availability all week and would love to connect, blah blah. Then, silence. I followed up twice. No response. Then, just to test to see if he was a legit person, I found him on LinkedIn and sent him a connect request. He accepted it immediately. So then I emailed him a third time, and STILL no response. Nothing. I'll probably never bother applying for a job at KPMG because of this experience. Totally unprofessional. I don't get it...

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Washington, DC) in October 2014.

Interview

two round interview. First round in in school, second is in KPMG. I didn't get into the second one. Maybe because it's very competitive. So I only know about the first round. Interviewers are all very nice.

Interview Questions

• basically resume questions   1 Answer

Credit Risk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Washington, DC) in October 2014.

Interview

1st round interview: on campus. basic behavioral questions. KNOW SAS 2nd round interview: 2 back to back at their office. Meet with a director and manager. They then let you network with a lot of their employees from associate to partners, they wine and dine you, it is a nice experience.

Interview Questions

• None too difficult, know about yourself, be able to explain past projects, teamwork, etc...   Answer Question

Federal Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Washington, DC) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting. I had one 30 min interview with a partner. The interview was very conversational, I think they were just trying to see if I would be a good fit. He asked me to tell me about myself, why I wanted to work at KPMG, why fed audit, CPA plans..etc. I was notified within a week that I was invited to a second round interview at the office. The second round interview was over two days and consisted of presentations, networking, dinner and two interviews. Again, the two interviews at the office were very personable and focused on trying to get to know me. I was asked a few more behavioral questions. I received an offer the following week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Corporate Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (Washington, DC) in August 2014.

Interview

I was recommended by my accounting professor to one of the recruiters. I was asked to send my resume to the recruiter and then had a phone interview. After the phone interview, I was invited to apply for the internship. After my application was reviewed I had an office visit which consisted of a presentation by the recruiter, lunch with some associates, and then two interviews with Senior Managers. I was offered the internship the next day.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest achievement to date?   1 Answer

Tax Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Washington, DC) in March 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume and was chosen among 30 others for an interview. We were all allocated 30 minute slots and went in to interview with 2 interviewers, who mainly spoke about what the position entailed. They sat on opposite ends of the room, and left me in the middle, which was slightly awkward.

Interview Questions

• They asked about a couple of different tax vehicles that are up and coming, but it wasn't expected to be known. The most unexpected thing was that they didn't ask that many questions, but one interviewer mainly spoke non-stop for 30 minutes.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Washington, DC).

Interview

I applied for the internship through the Washington, DC externship program. All interviews geared entirely towards determining your personality and if you are a sociable, friendly person. Show that you have hobbies and enthusiasm and that you are a person that coworkers can work with in a small room. Try to get to know recruiters ahead of time through on-campus events or through personal connections.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non-negotiable.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Washington, DC) in October 2013.

Interview

Campus recruiting. First round - on-campus interview, second round - office visit. There will be pre-night, dinner, breakfast and lunch that prepared for candidates, which are highly recommended to candidates to participate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that your supervisor gave you a constructive suggestion, and how did you take it?   1 Answer