KPN

KPN Interview Questions

Updated Oct 3, 2014
Updated Oct 3, 2014

Senior Manager Interview

the whole process took something about 4 months. It was very difficult to start during the month. only at 1st or 16th of month.....no laptop or cell phone was available when i started my job. It tool 2 months before I got my own laptop.

Customer Agent Glassfiber Interview

Initiial recruitment was done via a temporary staffing company, Tempo Team. After applying with a cv & motivationletter a telephone interview followed. Thereafter an interview and an assesment specificaly tailored to customer agents. As I passed this phase an inhouse day at KPN followed on site. After getting accepted a one day induction followed after which the 4-week full time training started which culminated in a test which you have to pass before beginning work.

Interview Questions
    • Computer tests simulating phoneconversations in which you function as a callcenter agent.   Answer Question
    No negotiation space for salary. Though there was the opportunity to state preferred working hours

Business Course/Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Hague (Netherlands)

I applied online – interviewed at KPN in April 2013.

The application process for the business course is the same as for the graduate programme. After your application is accepted, you are invited to the headquarters in The Hague for an on-site personality and intelligence assessment, followed immediately by an interview if successful.

The personality test consisted of a standard big five personality assessment (what you answer doesn't really matter as long as you don't make it too extreme), a part assessing working styles (where clearly some answers are better than others), and a part about social behaviour (for which the same applies).The intelligence test consisted of a number sequence part, a verbal reasoning part and a image sequence part. The interview is behavioural, and nothing out of the ordinary, you get to hear whether you are allowed to proceed to the next stage immediately.

After this, there is an assessment day where you present a prepared solution for a real and recent business case and have an interview with line managers. I did not pass this stage, so I do not know the specifics of the final interview and psychological assessment that follow if you are successful.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard stuff really: why do you want to work here, what do you know about the business, etc.   Answer Question

PMO Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Hague (Netherlands)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at KPN in February 2012.

Contacted via recruiter for opportunity with KPN Mobile. Had an interview with recruited to assess capabilites and maturity. Scheduled and interview with KPN team in the Hague. Spent 4 hours with 4 different resources of KPN. Interviewers consisted of direct reports to position, peers to position, Management to position. Interviews where random and distant. Lacked any assesment of chemistry or culture. Content was focused on technical capabilites and "what will I do when". Feeling and take away for me was negative of the environment and not a good fit for me in that organization.

Interview Questions
    • Why should I believe what you are saying. Should I just take your word and trust your blue eyes. How do I now that you are able to do what you say and that I can trust you?   View Answer

Part Time Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Heerlen (Netherlands)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Heerlen (Netherlands)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at KPN in November 2011.

Invited for interview after headhunted by the jobcentre. Quite informal interview, not any extraodinary questions allthough the conversation went slightly off track ending up discussing football tactics. Lot of questions about personal attractiveness to telecommunication. After interview i got invited for a second interview, afterwards i got a call saying i didnt got the offer because i answered the question; How did you came in contact with this company? With: because i got contacted by your headhunter. Bit odd in my opinion.

Interview Questions
    • What did you see in the store when you walked in? (In detail)   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Hague (Netherlands)

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at KPN in August 2011.

KPN's internal organization is messy and communicates badly. The recruitment process could have been shorted with 3-4 months easily.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult decision you have made (Ed.: This is a STAR question)?   Answer Question
    Understand the basic negotiations skills (i.e. have alternatives and don't focus on money) and you'll find KPN a company that will listen. They will match your existing salary if you provide them with your last payslip if not, they might underbid you based on the job requirements, which in my case were way lower.

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at KPN in January 2011.

very good and polite

In Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Hague (Netherlands)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at KPN in March 2010.

The interview was for a specific technology KPN uses for their prepaid providers. I was expert in that so the interview was no issue

Interview Questions
    • Do you know how to create product catalogues ?   View Answer
    • do you know how to create commercial offers ?   View Answer
    there was no negotiation, it was an hourly wage fixed that i had to say yes or no to.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Hague (Netherlands)

interviewed at KPN in February 2010.

It has been a long time ago since i've entered the KPN company. The steps as I recall them:
    - letter + CV to recruitment office
    - interview + assessment at recruitment office
    - interview at KPN (future to be manager)
    - interview with next higher manager KPN
    - contract discussion and salary offer HR advisor

Interview Questions
    It was a good offer so there was no real negotiation