KQED

Updated Nov 18, 2014
Updated Nov 18, 2014

Development Department Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at KQED in October 2014.

I did a phone interview with the position's supervisor (around 30 minutes), and then was invited into the office for a panel interview (around 3 hours). After that, I had a second phone interview with another person from the department. Directly before this, KQED asked me for permission to perform a thorough background check. As they had mentioned they would only be doing background checks on the final candidates for the job, I knew I was being seriously considered. After all of this, I heard nothing back from them, despite emailing for an update and to ask if any other information was needed. Eventually, around 2 weeks after the last communication with them, I called HR to inquire on the status of the position. I was told they had hired someone else. I was very surprised not to have been informed at all, particularly since I had clearly been in the final few candidates. I was incredibly shocked that they were not going to let me know at all about their hiring decision, particularly given how extensive the entire process was.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too surprising - most questions were very straightforward and directly related to my resume.   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at KQED in March 2011.

After conversing for several months via email I was given a phone interview and then an in office interview. The interview was very laid back and comfortable. I was interviewed in he lobby and then I was given a tour of the office and introduced to multiple other employees. They were very friendly, informative and encouraging throughout the whole process. They also appeared to have a very positive company culture.

Interview Questions
    • What is a weakness that you have turned into a strength?   Answer Question
    • How do you feel public broadcasting needs to differentiate itself from the studio system?   Answer Question

I really like KQED and suspect I would have learned a lot. However I was offered another position at a company I felt was more in line with my career interests.

Productions Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KQED in June 2010.

Applied online through their website. It took a while for them to initiate contact and receive my resume but once they did, I exchanged a few emails with them and had a phone interview - discussed what I was interested in, previous experience, typical interview questions. The lady interviewing me was extremely friendly and nice.