KTH Royal Institute of Technology Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2014

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at KTH Royal Institute of Technology

Master Thesis Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at KTH Royal Institute of Technology.

Contacted the posting professor via exjobb kth website. However the professor did not think my background (electronics) matched that topic about robots (automation). He made a recommendation about another topic and arranged for an interview.
    The process went through the contents of the topic. Was asked about my understanding and experiences of related concepts specifically. Went through academic background and related courses.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing much difficult. Though slightly unexpected was that my transcripts were looked into carefully. Was asked about why the scores were high/low and continued with details in the courses.   Answer Question

Student Interview

Good networking, applied and had interviews

Visiting Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at KTH Royal Institute of Technology.

There are two phases
    (1) I apply for a funding from Taiwan's government
    (2) After obtaining the funding, I query this position in KTH via email.

Interview Questions
    • The main task in this position is researches about
      (1) communication systems, for example, MIMO, Relay and so on.
      (2) Information theory
        Answer Question

PhD Student Interview

send application to a professor, then he can decide it

PhD-position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at KTH Royal Institute of Technology in March 2008.

- Short phone interview with assistant professor: on why KTH, why research etc etc
    -1:1 interview with professor in question focused on academic track record and future ideas. No biggy.
    Was offered o participate in a group meeting the same day, and was asked to present a summary of the findings of my M.Sc thesis (5-10 min). People were really relaxed (did not expect anything else), listened and asked follow up questions, more to be nice than to test skills. Aside from detailed tech-questions from faculty on specific details, it was an easy interview and a great experience.

Interview Questions
    • What motivates you?   Answer Question
    • How would you define stress, and given this definition, what is your relationship(funny phrasing) to stress. How do you handle it?   Answer Question

Was offered a substantially better offer from a private company

Worked for KTH Royal Institute of Technology? Contribute to the Community!