KTH Royal Institute of Technology

5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Master Thesis Interview

Master Thesis

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at KTH Royal Institute of Technology.

Interview Details – Contacted the posting professor via exjobb kth website. However the professor did not think my background (electronics) matched that topic about robots (automation). He made a recommendation about another topic and arranged for an interview.
The process went through the contents of the topic. Was asked about my understanding and experiences of related concepts specifically. Went through academic background and related courses.

Interview Question – Nothing much difficult. Though slightly unexpected was that my transcripts were looked into carefully. Was asked about why the scores were high/low and continued with details in the courses.   Answer Question

Student Interview

Student

Interviewed at KTH Royal Institute of Technology

Interview Details – Good networking, applied and had interviews

Interview Question – Why   Answer Question

Visiting Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Visiting Postdoctoral Fellow

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at KTH Royal Institute of Technology.

Interview Details – There are two phases
(1) I apply for a funding from Taiwan's government
(2) After obtaining the funding, I query this position in KTH via email.

Interview Question – The main task in this position is researches about
(1) communication systems, for example, MIMO, Relay and so on.
(2) Information theory
  Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

PhD Student Interview

PhD Student

Interviewed at KTH Royal Institute of Technology

Interview Details – send application to a professor, then he can decide it

Interview Question – your research field , English language skills   Answer Question

PhD-position Interview

PhD-position
Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at KTH Royal Institute of Technology in March 2008.

Interview Details – - Short phone interview with assistant professor: on why KTH, why research etc etc
-1:1 interview with professor in question focused on academic track record and future ideas. No biggy.
Was offered o participate in a group meeting the same day, and was asked to present a summary of the findings of my M.Sc thesis (5-10 min). People were really relaxed (did not expect anything else), listened and asked follow up questions, more to be nice than to test skills. Aside from detailed tech-questions from faculty on specific details, it was an easy interview and a great experience.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you?   Answer Question
  • How would you define stress, and given this definition, what is your relationship(funny phrasing) to stress. How do you handle it?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Was offered a substantially better offer from a private company

Worked for KTH Royal Institute of Technology? Contribute to the Community!