KaVo Kerr Group Interview Questions

3.2

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at KaVo Kerr Group in May 2012.

My experience is very similar to the previous review below for this position (Business Intelligence Analyst). There were 6 rounds of interviews.

1) The first round was a phone interview with an HR rep to go over the basics of your resume.
    2) Then there was a phone interview with the hiring manager that went more into depths of the skills listed in my resume.
    3) I was then invited to interview at their office in Anaheim, CA. This interview was a panel interview with 2 of their programmers. It was mostly a personality interview to make sure we could work smoothly as a team. They also threw in some technical questions and hypothetical situations.
    4) Then an interview with the Hiring Manager himself. Here I was grilled about my technical skills.
    5) Another interview with the VP of HR. She asked me mostly personality based questions.
    6) Finally an interview with the VP of IT. More personality based questions.

General Thoughts: After going through the interview process, I realized that I was misled about this job opportunity. The working on the job advertisement describes it as an "entrepreneurial, internal consultant, solutions provider, innovative thinker, etc). It sounded very appealing which prompted me to apply.

After talking with the Hiring Manager, the job description changed from "analyst, consultant, champion of ideas" (as listed in their job advertisement ) to more of a help desk role.

In reality this position is a help desk role where the business intelligence analyst is expected to mostly maintain user accounts for their BI tools, provide training on their BI tools, and troubleshoot software. Not a whole lot of strategic analysis.

The overall office atmosphere was depressing. Dimly lit, no windows, and tiny cubicles that have short walls for no privacy.

It is important to read employee reviews from current and former employees. Considering the "switcharoo" they pulled with the job responsibilities and the employee reviews, it's no wonder this role has been open for a year. If a job opportunity has been open for this long, that's a big red flag. Either the pay is low, or the job responsibilities suck, or both.

Interview Questions
    • Are you comfortable with using MS Access as a BI tool?   Answer Question

Their salary offer was way too low. Plus the office atmosphere and the change of job responsibilities during the interview process turned me off to them.

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at KaVo Kerr Group in January 2012.

I interviewed for Business Intelligence Analyst position. All interviewers were very pleasant and professional. I went through 6 (yes 6) rounds of interviews. A phone interview with HR rep, a Phone interview with the hiring manager, an panel interview with their programmers, a 1:1 interview with the hiring manager, a 1:1 interview with the H.R. VP. and and 1:1 with the V.P. of I.T. What I can say is there was a disconnect between what the requirements of the job were per the hiring manager all the way up the chain to the V.P. of I.T. The impression I got from the manager was he wanted someone who could fill a tech support and business systems analyst role. The impression I got from the V.P. was that he wanted someone who operated at a director level. Overall, I don't think they know what they want in this position. It is still open now and has been for over a year.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendora, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Glendora, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at KaVo Kerr Group in August 2011.

The process included two phone interviews followed up by an onsite interview. Interviewers were pleasant, forthcoming about the position requirements. Their questions were thourough and appropriate to the position. The VP is particularly insightful.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at KaVo Kerr Group in August 2011.

I had interviews with the various marketing managers as well as the VP. Very intimidating but also approachable people at the same time.

Engineering Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KaVo Kerr Group in March 2009.

The interviewer wants very specific examples of how you performed tasks at your last position (process safety, wastewater treatment, SARA reporting), and how you will carry them over to the current job opening. Sybron deals with highly hazardous chemicals (mercury) and attention is called to process safety management. I did not hear back from the interviewer even though they stated that they would let me know my status. I had to bug them to get a response. Not the kind of courtesy that I would expect from an employer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about how you've developed a process safety management program at your current position?   Answer Question

Master Data Management Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KaVo Kerr Group.

Received a phone call from HR after they found my resume on a job board. Asked me if now was a good time to talk, we went over the basics of my resume. Was asked basic behavioral questions such as what I'm looking for in a job/company and why I'm looking for another position. I was then told I would be contacted to set up an in office interview. Went to the on-site interview where I was interviewed by the hiring manager (my potential future boss). This was more of a technical interview where I was asked to go in-depth about my technical skill set.

After that I had a panel interview with the other members of the Business Intelligence team. This was a combination of a technical interview as well as a behavioral interview to make sure I felt comfortable with my potential future team mates. Finally met with a Vice President which was more of an in depth behavioral interview rather than technical. Was then contacted with an offer but declined as the salary offer was not competitive and the work environment and benefits were below average.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you failed at a task and what you learned from it.   Answer Question

Salary was below average, office environment seemed depressing, benefits not up to par with industry standards.

Data Scientist Interview

Submitted resume through their HR career portal. Got a call back the next day for a phone interview to go over my resume. HR lady went over my resume. A few days later I was notified that I would be invited to an interview at their office on Coppell, TX. The in office interview took several hours and I was interviewed by multiple people including the hiring manager and his director and vp. They went over my technical skills and asked me some case type questions to test my analytical skills and behaviorial questions.

A few days later received an offer but declined as the salary is below market rate. This type of work is in high demand and I have received higher offers to work elsewhere.

Interview Questions
    • Here's a data set. CAn you tell me what trends you notice?   Answer Question

Salary offered was way below market rate. Also, the office environment there seemed really depressing and I've heard bad things about how Danaher runs their business.

Administrative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at KaVo Kerr Group in August 2011.

Perception of the office was not very positive. Generally, I got the sense that the employees were hanging in for a paycheck and that the company was a mediocre place to work. The person I interviewed with was too young to understand and appreciate talent but at the same time had an overblown sense of self.

Interview Questions
    • Why have I been unemployed for over six months   View Answer

Plant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prague (Czech Republic)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prague (Czech Republic)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at KaVo Kerr Group in April 2010.

Through reruitment agency. Pleasant . Three runs. Last one took 4 hours

Lab Scientist Interview

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at KaVo Kerr Group in March 2010.

Company recruiter was friendly and pleasant, very casual, but I got the impression the decision to hire hadn't been firmly established and the communications leading up to the phone interview were erratic in nature. The phone interview was surprisingly pleasant but the interviewer downplayed or side-stepped the costs associated with a move from the midwest to a very affluent part of southern California.