Kabuki Japanese Restaurants Interview Questions

Updated Nov 9, 2014

1.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kabuki Japanese Restaurants

Host Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kabuki Japanese Restaurants.

Applied online, got a call about ten days later for an interview. Went in and met the manager. She was VERY unprofessional. She sat me down at a booth in the actual restaurant literally next to a group of people eating. Then she flipped through a stack of 5 or more applications right in front of me while I was answered her questions. First she asked me, "Tell me about your experience." Then she asked immediately afterwards "Tell me about yourself" which is pretty much the same question since employers don't want you to actually talk about yourself, they want your job history/experience.

As soon as I told her I wasn't available 2 days out the week, her face and friendly behavior dropped, which is frustrating to me since the online application didn't have an area where you could input your availability. She then asked me a couple of questions that I already answered in the application like if "I knew anyone who worked there." At the end of the interview, she kept on repeating "I don't know, I don't know" in front of me and sat there in silence for 5+ seconds while she considered hiring me or not. Then she told me come in for an interview the next day with a different manager. The next day, the other manager immediately offered me the job.

A very uncomfortable and unprofessional interview experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your experience.
      Tell me about yourself.
      What are your goals?
      What job do you want in the future?
      What do you like to eat here?
      Have you eaten at other locations besides this one?
      Do you know anyone who works here?

Answer Question
    No negotiation phase. Wasn't told pay rate until I filled out paper work almost a week later.

Food Runner Interview

i applied online and received a call from the manager. called in to interview. very easy and simple questions and was hired on the spot. process took about 1 or 2 weeks.

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kabuki Japanese Restaurants in February 2010.

Asked questions about previous serving skills, knowledge of sushi, and personality questions when dealing with customers

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you were upset with a customer in your previous job   Answer Question
    no negotiation. standard server rate plus tips.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kabuki Japanese Restaurants in July 2009.

Interview process was simple.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation before commencing employment.

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kabuki Japanese Restaurants in July 2009.

Walked in with my resume in hand and was given an appointment time for the very same week. Hiring process took one week total, and the interview was concise and friendly.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, since this was my first job

Inbound Technical Support and Sales Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Kabuki Japanese Restaurants in August 2010.

Played the waiting game for around 2 months after initial application submission despite the fact that I had two friends working in the company also trying to help me get an interview. First interview consisted of four tests. If you passed the 126 question test, you were granted a one-on-one interview a week later. 1-on-1 interview was more questions about technical knowledge (which I passed with flying colors). Waited another week and a half to get a 2 sentence email that said that they have chosen to go with another candidate.