Kaiser Associates

Updated Dec 9, 2014
Updated Dec 9, 2014

3.2

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Associates.

I applied through an online job posting. There was no communication regarding the status of my application, but about a month later, I received an email to schedule a phone interview. The interviewer was pleasant during the interview and all subsequent email communications. The interviewer was mainly interested in your approach to problem solving.

Interview Questions
    • The question was a straightforward market sizing question. Minimal difficulty with any case prep experience.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

On-campus resume and application, first round interview by phone (30-45 minutes) and Superday (office visit and interview).

1st round consisted primarily of behavioral and fit questions, with one market sizing question

Superday consisted of 1 fit interview (30 minutes), 2 case interview (45 minutes each), and written case (90 minutes total)

Interview Questions
    • Written case can be overwhelming at first due to large quantity of data - important to identify necessary data up-front and search documents for needed data. Time management also very important for this written case   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Kaiser Associates.

Applied through on-campus resume drop/recruiting. Contacted 3 days later for a first round interview. First round interview consisted of talking through my resume and a mini case. Contacted 1 week later to learn that I had not moved forward in the process. Whole process took about 2 weeks from start to finish.

Interview Questions
    • Market size mini case - market size of bikeshare in Washington, DC   Answer Question

Managing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through other source. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Associates.

A great, up and coming company that has a lot of talent in place. Total interview process took about 6-8 weeks. Initial recruitment came via LinkedIn, then a phone screen, and then an onsite interview. I did not hear about how my interview went until about 2-3 weeks after my onsite interview.

Interview was set up with 4 individuals. 2 VPs, Manager, and Consultant. There was a case study interview, an interview for fit, an interview for knowledge, and the interview with the junior consultant was probably to determine how they viewed me as an incoming senior level consultant.

Interview Questions
    • Case Study dealing with a new product, its target markets, and profit forecast.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Associates.

Process took a month or so. Initial phone screen and 'Super Day' interviews, which included case, written test, and behavioural. Written and cases were not particularly quantitative or challenging, cases were largely interviewer led, practice and familiarity with basic frameworks would be sufficient. Come across as calm, thoughtful, and confident. Behavioural is key as Kaiser is heavy on 'culture' fit--friendly, hardworking, curious, self-motivated, team player.

Overall great experience, everyone is friendly, cares about applicant experience, interview process was convincing that Kaiser is an employer of choice.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was particularly difficult. Written requires quick ability to process information into digestible format.   Answer Question
    Brief and limited, dependent on experience level

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kaiser Associates.

The man that interviewed me told me that my CV should only be 1 page long (mine is 2) and other helpful hints for it, and then asked me out to coffee to go over it which I found inappropriate. I wasn't really qualified for the job, so I guess I can't complain I didn't get it..

Interview Questions
    • What marketing campaign would be most effective for Kaiser's industrial practice?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Associates in July 2011.

Two phone screens followed by an all-day in-person interview. Phone interviews include the typical fit questions, a walkthrough of your resume, and a quick (5-10min) "brain teaser"

Interview Questions
    • during the all-day series of in-person interviews, one will include a market sizing opportunity based on limited financial data from competitors. Others may provide a several year financial history of a company along with intentionally vague details about competitors' current operations and market share. Within a 20-30 minute timeline, you are asked to develop a market growth strategy citing specific opportunities and areas for growth (e.g. new markets or products) that can help Company X beat competitors in the mid-to-long run   View Answer
    Non-negotiable at entry level positons

Managing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kaiser Associates in July 2011.

I initially did a phone interview with one of the consultants. The interview was pretty standard and asked questions such as "what is your managing style", and "give me an example of a time when you were given a difficult task". Nothing too out of the ordinary. It ended with a short market sizing case study. Overall a good experience. The on-site consisted of 2 1:1 interviews and then one case study. The case study was challenging but the experience overall was very positive.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to manage a difficult personality?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kaiser Associates in April 2011.

Applied online for a Research Analyst position.
    Was contacted shortly afterwards (about 2 weeks later) for scheduling a phone interview.
    Communication was very clear, interviewer helped a lot with interview preparation guidelines.

Interview Questions
    • How many cups of Starbucks are sold annualy in the US?   View Answer
    The offer was straightforward. Being in a junior position, I found it quite satisfying.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Associates in October 2010.

My first round was on campus, It was a basic behavioural for 30 minutes and a 15 minute brainteaser. (how many cups of coffee does starbucks sell in a day? ) later i was invited to their office in Dc for a final round. This had a skills test, 4 case interviews and presentation of results.

Interview Questions
    • how many cups of coffee does Starbucks sell in a day in USA?   View Answer