Kaiser Permanente Administrative Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Aug 4, 2015

2.9

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in January 2015.

Interview

This process went quick for me, about a week and a half between first interview (with peers,) second interview with Regional Administrator. Countered initial salary offer and they met me half way.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that something negative happened that was not your fault but it was your responsibility to handle it, how did it turn out?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Kaiser Permanente

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Aurora, CO) in January 2015.

Interview

Hasty and in retrospect, sloppy. While I was happy to be contacted over the "nothing gets done" holiday period, I was pressed to commit to a panel interview before leaving for vacation. I made time, and was told 'd have an answer by XX which was right before vacation. I didn't hear from them until I got back. Not knowing was at the back of my mind during my trip. While my vacation wasn't ruined, I was distracted.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of how you handled multiple requests from several superiors with tight deadlines.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered a temp to hire at a lower rate than the position merited. After a negotiation conversation, the offer was rescinded.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview

Panel Interview with the hiring manager of the department and an employee in the same job classification as the job I was interviewing for. Interview was fairly basic and consisted of standard questions, they were looking for an honest, capable candidate.

Interview Questions

• Do you believe you would be a good asset to our company and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was a union position, so the hourly rate was predetermined.

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Pasadena, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied on-line, was contacted by a recruiter and answered supplemental questionnaire. Then the recruiter scheduled me for a panel interview. The interview just happened a few days ago waiting on email or telephone call from recruiter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Your first interview is a group interview which consists of 9 other job applicants. You're given 5 minutes to get to know the person next to you. You then introduce them summarizing the information they provided. Next, they go around the room twice so that you answer two questions that are CBI (Critical Behavior Interviewing) questions which are randomly selected. The next and last interview is with the Manager and staff of the department for the position.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked with someone you didn't like? If so, how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in June 2014.

Interview

I easily applied online. Once you get your info in the kaiser Talent network its pretty easy to apply for other jobs within the company. I then received a call to come in and interview. I was interviewed by two managers who were very polite and professional. Interview went well but I think I may have been over qualified for the position at hand. That being said I am still applying in hopes to soon become part of the Kaiser family.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with someone who wanted to enter the office and refused to sign the log book.?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

There were three people in the room , the atmosphere was comfortable. They asked about your interests and work experience also what department you want to work in. Then they call/email you to pick up your packet which you then proceed to get your shots (if not done so), drug test and so on .

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview

Panel interviews are conducted. No one other than myself, arrived at scheduled time, nor apologize. Promotes oftentimes form within, leaving those outside of the company little hope to become an employee. Often the temporary positions last 2 yrs or more, then are hired by another department full time, usually taking a pay decrease.

Interview Questions

• Wanted to know why I left a former employer and didn't stay when the company was being split into 2 companies.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Interview

Most interviews are conducted by panel and often involve a selection from pre-prepared list of questions, although some also involve some kind of performance testing as well. It's usually a lengthy process, so except for positions where they have an urgent need, don't expect quick results. Most are planned and organized through their in-house HR department.

Interview Questions

• I really don't recall, but it was probably something about identifying your own weaknesses.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in January 2010.

Interview

Group interview with upper level management and leadership. Each one will ask you two questions of their choice. You have to answer the questions in a manner that they will look at your communication skills, which is an essential part of the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offer sent in mail.