Kaiser Permanente

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview Details – I was recruited by a recruiter. A team of 5-6 managers interviewed me. They were very friendly and sincere and I could feel their sincere interest. I got the job after that 1 interview, but was told that it was really unusual.

Interview Question – Experience working in a union environment.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – the recruiter was the main contact. the salary was at a lower end, but it matched with my employment history. most people were helpful.

Analyst
Calverton, MD

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in June 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed with 3 people had a background check and drug screening,

Interview Question – Unix questions because I was not a Unix user.   Answer Question

Oakland, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in September 2008.

Interview Details – Interview for an analyst position back in 2008. A recruiter at HR contacted me in regards to the position. She arranged a phone interview for me with the hiring manager. HR and hiring manager were friendly. No offer at the end though.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here instead of other companies?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in July 2011.

Interview Details – I was referred to the position by a former co-worker who currently works at Kaiser Permanente. I applied online as directed, and in 3 weeks I was called by the hiring manager for an interview the following Friday. I was also asked to prepare a 2-5 minute presentation on a topic of my choosing. The interview consisted of a three-person interview panel which included my friend, a product manager (the lady who called me to set up the interview), and a project manager. The entire experience was very friendly. After a brief description of the job's responsibilities, I was asked a series of mostly behavioral related questions. Afterwards, I was allowed to ask my own questions, then give my presentation. This 3-person panel interview lasted about 45 minutes, after which I was told that I would hear back within a week.

Sure enough, I was called by someone in Administration the Monday following this interview for a 2nd interview with the Medical Administrator and Executive Consultant. This interview was more of a "are you fit for this position" and was surprisingly much easier than the first panel interview. After talking about myself and a few questions related to my qualifications I was again allowed to ask questions. I was informed that they would give their feedback to the hiring manager and a decision would be made within a week. This interview lasted about 30 minutes.

A few days later I was offered the job and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Can you give us an example of when you went above and beyond?   Answer Question
  • Are you a detail-oriented or big-picture person? And can you give us an example?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted the initial offer because it was reasonably more than I was being current compensated.

The only advice I can give is to wait for a number to be thrown out, say thank you for the offer, request an offer letter, then give it a day or two to think it over.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kaiser Permanente

Worked for Kaiser Permanente? Contribute to the Community!

Kaiser Permanente Videos

Kaiser Permanente – Why Work for Us?

At Kaiser Permanente, we stand for health. Yours. Ours. Everyone’s. That means we advocate the well-being of people and their parts—like hips and hearts, for instance. And to better serve those parts, we study them. In… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kaiser Permanente Analyst interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Kaiser Permanente employees and interview candidates.