Kaiser Permanente

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Oakland, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview Details – From hitting send on the application to starting my first day it took over 2.5 months, so be patient and don't get discouraged. Everyone I talked to was very nice. I had 3 interviews total (2 on the phone and 1 in person). First one was with a HR rep and next two with the hiring manager. Overall everyone really put me at ease so I could do my best in the interviews.

Interview Questions

• The very first phone interview happened unscheduled. I got a call 2 weeks after the HR representative let me know they wanted to interview me. So as soon as they tell you they want to interview you, start preparing for that first call (it may be impromptu).   View Answer
  • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in November 2011.

Interview Details – Received a phone interview asking how I heard of the position and why my background would fit with Kaiser. Lasted 30 minutes going over my resume with a fine tooth comb asking questions about each of my duties or responsibilities.

Interview Question – What was the hardest task you had to do on your own?   Answer Question

Oakland, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in April 2011.

Interview Details – Q. Can you tell me why are you considering leaving your present job?
A. Regardless of the reason, do not bad mouth your current employer. Negativism will always hurt you. Good answers include: “There is no room for growth at my current employer. I am looking for a company with long term growth opportunities”. “Due to a company restructuring, my entire department is relocating to Florida. I was give the option of moving, but do not wish to relocate”. “My current company is not doing well, and has been laying off employees. There is no job security there, and more layoffs are expected”.

Interview Question – How do you handle stress and pressure?   Answer Question

Pasadena, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in October 2008.

Interview Details – The recruiter was very enthusiastic and forthcoming at first. However, she did not return calls after the interview and it took me many weeks to learn that I was not even being considered.

Worked for Kaiser Permanente? Contribute to the Community!