Kaiser Permanente Director Interview Questions

2.6

Director Interview

Behavioral Interview. Tell us about an experience. Tell us what you did.... How would you approach this... Just give them the best high level answer. Don't ramble.

Set range.

Other Interview Reviews for Kaiser Permanente

Director Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

The recruiting and hiring process at Kaiser is a disaster. As both a hiring manager and as an applicant, I have seen qualified applicants routinely "lost" in system. The online application process is outdated and decidedly user-unfriendly. The job database (Taleo-based) is extremely difficult to search. Each position has to be applied for separately. Applicants rarely receive acknowledgements and almost never get status updates from HR. The hiring process is extremely protracted, inefficient and almost hostile.

Interview Questions
    • There is NO standard interview or screening process at this company. Most managers recruit their own candidates because the system is so broken. In 10 years of hiring, only once did I get a qualified applicant from HR.   Answer Question
    Don't be afraid to counter the initial salary offer if you are an exempt employee. The initial offer is almost the only time you will be able to ask for more money. The annual raises are very minimal no matter how high your performance ratings.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente in October 2013.

This firm took 4 months to make a hiring decision. It took me almost 3 months to be reimbursed for travel expenses related to the interview. The process included phone screens and panel interviews. There was an initial phone screen by recruiter, phone screen by hiring manager, face to face panel interview and multiple additional phone screens as follow up. Copies of presentations and communications were requested as work samples.

Interview Questions
    • Detail the change management process that was used in an implementation that you conducted.   Answer Question

Company fit.

Director Interview

Contacted the hiring director directly as well as putting in an online application. Interviewed with the hiring manager, then with the staff who report to me. Mostly used a behavioral question format. It helps to find out the name of the hiring manager and call that person directly. The hr people don't always pass reumes and applications on in a timely manner.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were either hard or unexpected.   View Answer
    I negotiated for a higher salary than originally offered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente in January 2013.

Panel interview with staff, managers, peer Directors, senior leaders, physician leaders and executive leaders. They were thoughtful in their approach. The detailed interview process demonstrated the importance of the role and their desire to find the right candidate. I especially liked that they included the front line staff who would report to ths position as it positions me in a much better place.

Interview Questions
    • How would you measure your success in he first six months?   View Answer
    Still in progress

Director Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente in December 2012.

The interview process is very long with a series of phone interviews and little to no communication in between. No communication about the position being filled on not so you won't know if you are still under consideration.

Interview Questions
    • No surprising questions....just the typical interview questions such as interests, time something worked well, time something didn't turn out as expected, weaknesses, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente in September 2011.

I applied on line. I received a call a several weeks later from the hiring Director's assistant. I then had multiple phone interviews and then several on-site interviews. Once I interviewed on-site, it took several months and a lot of follow-up on my part to close the deal. Even after that, the negotiation phase and such were painful to say the least. HR is a process I don't even want to go into.

Overall I would say the interviews themselves were great, but the process after made me want to eat nails. It made the overall experience for me horrible.

Interview Questions
    Do your research, know your range and stick with it, do your research. Yes I said it twice, do your research.

The process took to long from final interview to offer, and then almost as long to negotiate - about 3 mos total. They almost lost me several times.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente in May 2010.

There was a panel of interviewers who were all involved in the department, including the hiring manager as well as workers in the department. The questions asked were all behavior based questions...give us an example of a time you acted and something did not go right. What happened/ What would you do differently if it happened again? How would you approach a project of getting a new initiative started? How involved would you be in the initiative? What would you be looking for as the project progressed? Describe how you would handle a situation if you found employees not completing their work and hiding it? What if there was one employee doing this? What if there were ten employees and you couldn't keep up with the work if you fired them?

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation from your recent work experience which produced a high level of stress for you. How did you cope? What was the result?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of actions you have initiated which were of benefit to the organization. What were the results?   Answer Question
    • How did you identify your customers or clients in your present job? Who were they? How do you satisfy multiple customers ' needs?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you have made a decision which was not in agreement with others in your department.   Answer Question
    A flat offer was presented and there was no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente in January 2010.

Kaiser Permanente's interview process can be lengthy. For me, it began with a screening interview by an assigned HR recruiter. The questions asked in the screening interview are straightforward. It's easy to tell that these are the questions the hiring manager provided to the recruiter. Once past the screening interview, I met with the hiring manager. I was then invited back for a second round interview with members of the team and also internal business partners. There were about 4 in total. Start to finish, the interview process took several weeks. Once Kaiser gave me an offer, there was another two weeks during which they conducted a very thorough background check. I also had to submit to a drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Describe in detail a successful project you designed and managed. How did you measure success?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente in August 2009.

The KP recruiter contacted me in regards to this position, we spoke briefly about the role and then discussed my qualifications.

Interview Questions
    • Specific questioning about timelines of my work history   Answer Question

Location of job