Kaiser Permanente

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Educator Interview

Educator

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview Details – Annoying. First, you have to talk to the recruiter to reiterate all the things which you already have spent hours cutting and pasting into your application online. Then, if everything checks out, you can interview with the department manager. The manager I interviewed with was EXCELLENT! But then, it goes back to HR.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself ultimately.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Fine. But they rescinded my offer because I did not complete my drug test within 48 from the EXACT MINUTE that I accepted the provisional offer. I just couldn't clear my schedule. I tried to negotiate with them for more time but they said that they have a strict policy. This is a ridiculous way to treat a professional with 2 kids, other jobs and ailing parents. In fact, Kaiser actually contacted ME to apply for the position.. I had to jump through so many hoops and take time away from children and other jobs in order to jump through the hoops and then when I couldn't clear my schedule when they demanded that I do (without warning, BTW), they rescinded my offer. I am completely disgusted. I understand that a user may need that time to detox but I am clearly NOT a user. Test my hair and you can see. Do the drug test when you do pre employment physical. Yes, the less than 1% of people who have completed such a rigorous and time consuming interview process (including having to do an oral professional presentation to the hiring manager) may be able to detox prior to a pre employment drug screen BUT those who just want and job and would be great employees are being negatively affected by this. Shame on Kaiser Anaheim!!!

Educator Interview

Educator
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in February 2009.

Interview Details – The recruiters screen application and conducts initial telephone interview. If they like they forward app to hiring manager for interview. Hiring manager calls and schedules interview.

Interview Question – What can you offer me and the organization that 50 others can't and who are willing to do it for a fraction of the cost.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Didn't have to negotiate. They knew my salary history and request going into the process.

Worked for Kaiser Permanente? Contribute to the Community!