Kaiser Permanente

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

Financial Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview Details – Submitted my application online which was a detailed process but fortunately KP's career portal will save your info for future applications. Not not after my submission I received a call from what I believe was a representative from HR who wanted to coordinate a phone interview with the Assistant Controller. The phone interview was short and sweet, nothing too complex. I was invited to the first in-person interview where I interviewed with the Assistant Controller and Finance Manager one-on-one, answering fairly basic questions. Afterwards I had to take an Excel skills test which was fairly complex and covered advanced functions within excel, basic MS Acess skills, and even some SQL code. I did well enough on both the one-on-one and and Excel test to be invited to a panel interview where I presented multiple case questions I had emailed to me 48 hrs prior.

Interview Question – Create a financial model that will display an expected profit level when given inputs are changed.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in May 2013.

Interview Details – Went through an initial phone interview, which resulted in an in person interview. They have a strong multi-year finance intern program with 25 interns.

Interview Question – What is a personal area you want to work on?   View Answer

Oakland, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in April 2013.

Interview Details – The recruiter contacted me 3 weeks after I applied for this position. Right of the bat, she asked my desired salary range and why I want to work for KP. The hiring managers requested a phone interview 4 weeks later and then 2 face to face interviews.

Interview Questions

• What is the one thing you absolutely cannot stand?   Answer Question
  • Lots of questions regarding meeting deadlines and how you handle multiple deadlines. Be prepared to be asked multiple times by different individuals. The panel are all very friendly and approachable. Be honest and sincere with your answers though.   Answer Question

Pasadena, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in April 2012.

Interview Details – HR contacted me by email. I needed to fill out the question form. After that, HR arraged me for an in-person interview.

I had an interview with two managers. One manager was mainly talking and the other was quiet. The managers give me a good understanding of job.

Interview Question – Provide me the job experience related the job description   Answer Question

Financial Analyst

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in April 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a KP recruiter several weeks later after I applied online. I was asked to fill out a pre-screen questionnaire; I had a panel interview with 2 manager a week later.

Interview Question – What's your working experience related the job description?   Answer Question

Worked for Kaiser Permanente? Contribute to the Community!