Kaiser Permanente Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA).

Interview

Contacted by dept manager for initial phone interview and brought in for face to face meeting the following week. Interviewed with 2 team members, the manager and director. They had a set of questions to ask from and went down the list. Involved scenario questions, strength/weakness questions, and a few technical questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kaiser Permanente

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Rockville, MD) in February 2015.

Interview

Drawn out. HR seemed to be very uncoordinated with getting resumes to managers and response times were very delayed. The interview consisted of a test and a panel interview. The test was then presented during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why are you attracted to this position?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

Got email notification from HR within days of applying. Answered basic screening questions, a repeat of screening questions already asked and answered when applying online. Interview appointment was set up pretty quickly and casually. Standard canned interview questions, practically like an online questionnaire (why do you want this job, how do you deal with hostile coworkers, what do you do if your boss's peer wants you to do something...). There was a long quiet period until second round interviews. People seemed generally very nice, but very guarded at the same time, as if they/we were always being recorded or watched.

Interview Questions

• Estimate annual demand for batteries in the US. A typical Google interview question, like how many golf balls fit in a school bus.   Answer Question

One interviewer said they were constantly fighting with IT to get data access, equipment and software upgrades. And losing.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview

I applied online and received a call one month later. I interviewed with 3 managers. They asked common interview questions. The interview lasted one hour. I will update my response if I am selected for the second round of interviews. There is an assessment test on the same day of the second interview.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview

Submitted my application online which was a detailed process but fortunately KP's career portal will save your info for future applications. Not not after my submission I received a call from what I believe was a representative from HR who wanted to coordinate a phone interview with the Assistant Controller. The phone interview was short and sweet, nothing too complex. I was invited to the first in-person interview where I interviewed with the Assistant Controller and Finance Manager one-on-one, answering fairly basic questions. Afterwards I had to take an Excel skills test which was fairly complex and covered advanced functions within excel, basic MS Acess skills, and even some SQL code. I did well enough on both the one-on-one and and Excel test to be invited to a panel interview where I presented multiple case questions I had emailed to me 48 hrs prior.

Interview Questions

• Create a financial model that will display an expected profit level when given inputs are changed.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Went through an initial phone interview, which resulted in an in person interview. They have a strong multi-year finance intern program with 25 interns.

Interview Questions

• What is a personal area you want to work on?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

The recruiter contacted me 3 weeks after I applied for this position. Right of the bat, she asked my desired salary range and why I want to work for KP. The hiring managers requested a phone interview 4 weeks later and then 2 face to face interviews.

Interview Questions

• What is the one thing you absolutely cannot stand?   Answer Question
    • Lots of questions regarding meeting deadlines and how you handle multiple deadlines. Be prepared to be asked multiple times by different individuals. The panel are all very friendly and approachable. Be honest and sincere with your answers though.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Pasadena, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

HR contacted me by email. I needed to fill out the question form. After that, HR arraged me for an in-person interview. I had an interview with two managers. One manager was mainly talking and the other was quiet. The managers give me a good understanding of job.

Interview Questions

• Provide me the job experience related the job description   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in April 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by a KP recruiter several weeks later after I applied online. I was asked to fill out a pre-screen questionnaire; I had a panel interview with 2 manager a week later.

Interview Questions

• What's your working experience related the job description?   Answer Question