Kaiser Permanente

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Human Resources

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview Details – The first step is to answer a pre-interview screening. This appears to take the place of what a normal telephone interview entails with most other companies. It's nice to have some time to consider your answers, but it takes away the opportunity to make an interview into a conversation about the job and whether or not it may be a good fit on both sides.

Interview Question – What is your current or last compensation rate? Specify base salary, bonus, and incentive plan separately.   Answer Question

Oakland, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in March 2011.

Interview Details – The interveiw is ongoing. I was submitted by a recruiter and was called within 1 day for a phone interveiw. The call took about 40 mins. General questions regarding my experience and work history, what I am looking for in a role. Some questions pertaining to dealing with ER and difficult clients. I've been told that I am being considered and waiting to hear back on when I will be invited for a face to face as the next step.

Interview Question – Describe a situation that you had a difficult client and how you managed through that?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in January 2011.

Interview Details – Submited resume and one month later received a call for a panel interview. I had to take a typing test since my job would be requiring typing. Then I had a panel interview and my resume had the qualifications they were looking for. I was offered the job and I accepted and gave my precious employer two week notice. I enjoyed working in HR with medical staff and working with hospital staff. Ver rewarding and educational. I also met with the CEO and he discussed his philosophy . I enjoyed the environment very much. I met my husband there and now I am happily married and a stay at home mom. What a happy ending.

Interview Question – What do you want to do five years from today?   View Answer

Human Resources

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview Details – Applied online. Received an email from recruiter containing a couple additional questions. After I completed and returned the form, had a brief phone screen with the recruiter. Was refered to the hiring manager. Had an in-person interview with the hiring manager and another member of the team. The interview was not difficult. Mostly behaivoral questions read from a list of questions. Seemed to me the decision had already been made and I was just there to satisfy their interview quota. Very unfortunate for me, but you have to try.

Interview Question – Behaivoral question only. No questions about the organization, weaknesses, personal attributes, education, etc.   Answer Question

Human Resources

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview Details – Two phone interviews followed by several panel interviews. They don't tell you in advance who you are meeting with, how many panels there will be or what the process is even if you ask. I ran into other candidates for the role more than once during the process and we were able to compare notes. I was there for 9 hours (yes, I said 9) but was only in interviews for a little more than 3. Be prepared to sit around and wait. A lot. Ultimately, I met about 30 people in an extreme example of inefficiency. Some of the employees seemed great; many seemed very frustrated. They won't sell you on the organization at all -- just keep you waiting around for hours at their convenience (and if you want water, be prepared to buy your own). Apparently, they thought enough of me to have me meet the "big boss" but I couldn't have been less interested at that point.

Interview Question – Questions were straightforward asking for examples of a time when... Nothing innovative or surprising.   Answer Question

Human Resources

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in April 2009.

Interview Details – Contacted by internal company recruiter who proceeded to review my background with me in great detail. The next step was a panel interview with 5 people who would be my colleagues. As part of the panel interview, I had 30 minutes in advance to read a mini-business case and prepare a presentation on my action plan. The panel lasted one hour. I was then asked to leave the building and wait for a call to see if I would be asked to interview with the executive who would be my boss. I was phone in less then one hour and invited back to have a 90 minute interview with my boss. I was offered the job. I asked to speak to more people by phone to learn more about the organization and with the executive. All follow-up interviews were granted, and I accepted role.

Interview Question – Where do you see your career 5 years from now?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The negotiation process was extremely positive but was run through the recruiter.

Human Resources

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in May 2009.

Interview Details – Staffing agency required skill test (computer, typing, easy analytical test) then a drug test.

Interview Question – What are examples of your analytical skills   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation- a "take it of leave it" position.

Worked for Kaiser Permanente? Contribute to the Community!