Kaiser Permanente Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2015

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview

I received a phone interview where I was on a call with three individuals. I answered various questions regarding my previous positions and asked relevant questions to the position at the end of the interview. It was my first time doing a phone interview, but really looked through a series of behavioral questions and tough questions to prepare. This really helped and really recommend this to future applicants and the STAR method.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time when your work was criticized.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kaiser Permanente

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview

The interview was a very brief phone interview that lasted about 5-10 minutes. It was pretty casual and asked the generic interview questions, such as about projects I've worked on and what I want to do in the future. After the interview, they emailed me back a couple days later with an offer, but I had to decline for other reasons.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (San Jose, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview was very quick (30 minutes) and they were very nice, not pushy at all. It really depends on you to sell your self regarding your skills and experience at school. the lady that gave me the interview was easy going.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview

Interview process took one phone call. Employer asked me typical questions (tell me about yourself, why do you want to work for KP). SInce it was an intern position, I don't think it was as high stakes. Relaxed interview process. When hired, they told me right at the end.

Negotiation

No negotiation

Application

Interview

Met at college job fair. Had in person interview first with employees

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview

Went though an organization through school. I spoke with two employees in the department and they only asked behavioral questions. The interview took about 30 or 45 minutes. Once I spoke with them, I heard back a few weeks later. Hiring took a few weeks because I had to get drug tested, a physical, and return paperwork in person.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Internship so none

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (San Francisco, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

The interview was pretty straight forward and formal. It was focused on my personality traits and work experience to gauge whether I'd be a good fit for the department. They also asked what drew me to the company and why I do the work I do. It wasn't the hardest interview, but it's best to be prepared by knowing the company's mission and function, and being confident in the skills you have.

Interview Questions

• What project management/ coordination experience do you have?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canoga Park, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Canoga Park, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

It was only a one on one interview with the manager of the group. The interview lasted maybe a few minutes, I was allowed to come back in the following week to be briefed on compliance and privacy.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview

I applied for the position online and after about a week I got a call from the HR individual. She left me a message, and I called her back. We set up an in-person interview time for later that week. I arrived at the interview 15 mins early and was taken in ten minutes before the interview. They asked me question about why I wanted to intern at Kaiser, what I knew about the trends in healthcare and what I could contribute to their company. I got a call back within 3 days with the internship offer.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of behavioral questions that were unexpected. Like how would you handle a supervisor who isn't treating you well.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Was called for a pre-screening "interview," which was very informal, asking about my interests. It was followed by the actual interview, which was a panel of 3 people. They were interested in why I wanted the job, previous leadership experience, and my coursework. Last about an hour

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a time where you were minimal direction on how to approach an assigned project, and how you tackled it.   Answer Question