Kaiser Permanente Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015
Updated Mar 26, 2015

2.9

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

The interview was a very brief phone interview that lasted about 5-10 minutes. It was pretty casual and asked the generic interview questions, such as about projects I've worked on and what I want to do in the future. After the interview, they emailed me back a couple days later with an offer, but I had to decline for other reasons.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

I went for an interview first. There are two people interview me. Each of them had an interview list. They take turn to ask me question following the lists. I'm really excited to work for Kaiser, but when I told the agency that i'm done with the interview. She told me to take the Assessment Test before the process done. Next day, she called me and said I didn't pass the assessment test that mean I didn't get the job. Working for kaiser is my dream job, but it is so hard for me to get in. Hope one day, I can get the job in Kaiser.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a time that you felt you went above and beyond the call of duty at work.   Answer Question

Pharmacy Clerk Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

I have been applying for a year now. I received an email to set up an interview. It was a smooth interview. It took about 25 minutes. Two managers interviewed me and told me they would call me for the job offer in a couple weeks if they decided to hire me. The interview was just a day ago , so hoping I get a call back.

Interview Questions
    • tell me about a time when a supervisor gave you negative feedback.   Answer Question
    • tell me about a time you made a mistake.   Answer Question
    • tell me about yourself and why you want to work for Kaiser.   Answer Question

Lead RN Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Online application -> online assessment -> week later got a call from hiring manager. Interview following week. Followed by a second interview and job shadow (not usual). Roughly 40 days from application to offer. Overall, very pleasant experience.

Business Consultant Senior Analyst Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente in March 2015.

Submitted an application online. I was called three days later to set up a phone interview with members of the KPIT RITO team: a manager, Lead Business Consultant, and a Business Consultant. The interview was driven by the Business Consultant. The Lead Business Consultant did not talk to me at all during the call. He didn't even say hello. The manager asked one question and did not speak again until the Business Consultant turned things back to her at the very end of the conversation. I found the Business Consultant to be condescending towards me during the call.

There was only one general question related to my background asked by the manager (Tell me about yourself and what you're looking for). I tried to bring more of my background into the conversation. However, I was immediately cut-off to be drilled about databases and how to gather/analyze data using databases by the business consultant. There was no conversation about "fresh ideas", documenting requirements, analyzing business processes, or developing business cases as described in the job posting.

I applied for a position with KP that I was qualified for based on the required and preferred qualifications, but I was "interviewed" for a different type of role. It was not a positive experience. I verbally withdrew myself as a candidate 15 minutes into the phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about databases?
      Do you know what SQL is? Tell me what it is.
      Tell me in detail how would you pull data from different sources using Excel?
      What do you know about Access? How would you pull data from a database using this tool?

Answer Question

Pharmacy Clerk Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in March 2015.

It was located at a hotel and you had to check in and wait to be called there was alot of Kaiser employees seated with 2 people at a table and interviewed people checking in.

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

I was first interviewed by phone, then I was interviewed in person and lastly i was interviews by the manager. All of the interview questions were standard interview questions, multiple interviews.

Interview Questions
    • The process was rather standard, I would not say it was out of the norm. All aspects of the interview were typical and ran smoothly.   Answer Question

Emergency Room RN Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter a few weeks later. It took about 3 weeks for the ER director to call me for an interview. During the interview he asked me typical q's "Why do you want to work here? What have you heard about the company? Describe a time when you provided excellant customer service. Describe a time when you got into a conflict with a fellow co-worker."

Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente in February 2015.

There group interviews are the WORST! You have 20 nervous girls in a room with a panel of 7 supervisors. They make you get in groups of twos and give a presentation of your partners work history.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with stress? Why should we hire you? What is your weakness?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

After applying for multiple jobs, I received an email to complete a questionnaire then was asked about my minimum salary to confirm because they could pay below what I listed. Then phone interview with the hiring manager and now panel interview. Odd that they don't pay for parking when you come for an interview and then have to take a writing assessment. Crazy...

pay was so low