Kaiser Permanente Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

2.9

APPOINTMENT CLERK Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente (San Jose, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received an email asking me to complete two online typing tests. After a week and a half they called and we set up an interview. I interviewed with two office managers. The questions were pretty typical. Make sure you know the company and the meaning behind "Thrive". They asked some situational questions, but not many. Make sure to ask what you are interviewing for. I applied and was interviewed for what I thought was a full-time position. They had actually hired the full-time position from within and hired me for the part-time position. This should have been clearer, but I am happy with the outcome and am excited to be working with this company. Hopefully I can be transitioned into full-time!

Inpatient Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Daly City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Daly City, CA).

Interview

Panel or group interview with a number of pharmacists and/or which includes the director of inpatient pharmacy, and lead technician. The interview is a gamut of questions that may be of subjective to objective in nature and usually lasts an hour.

Patient Care Coordinator Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

2 person interview, at that time the manager read question from a script I felt like! The manager read one question then my co-worker whom I was going to work with read one.

Interview Questions

• Will you feel comfortable calling HBS doctors time to time?   1 Answer

CPT1 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fontana, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Fontana, CA).

Interview

one on one with lab supervisor asked about my experience and how I would handle a difficult child. The skills I held and if I had did any bone marrow procedures which I have done.

Interview Questions

• How would you draw blood from a child that has had a bad experience.?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente (New York, NY).

Interview

Can take time to go through process. Be aware of who you are speaking to. Ask job questions of peers to get clear understanding of role. Ask about turnover and why role is available - know what you are walking into. Ask to meet team you will work with.

Interview Questions

• May be asked to answer in writing a series of questions. Not likely to be read so keep answers simple.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation or room

Medical Social Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview

I applied online and received a call within a week. I had a phone screening with a recruiter first, then received call from a manager for an interview. I had a panel interview, set questions were asked (standard interview questions), and a lot of scenarios were given. It was a good opportunity to meet other staff and get a sense of the working culture. I was asked to provide references after the interview and reference were called within a week. There is an extensive background check after receiving and accepting a job offer. I was advised to double check my employment dates and salary, applicants will be automatically disqualified if employment dates are incorrect. Background check agency may ask for copies of W-2s. I assume they ask when they are unable to reach former employers. Overall, it was a pleasant experience and I'm excited to be joining the agency.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions asked with a lot of scnearios   Answer Question

Claims Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Panel Interview and questions about past experiences. How to prioritize and manage work. Are you a team player, How to handle difficult customers, How do you work to resolve conflict within the department, Where do you see yourself in 5 years.

Creative and Production Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Straight forward and simple interview. They told you about the company and the background information of the position. Then they asked you how you would fit into this position. Overall, just wanted to see your personality.

Interview Questions

• Explained scope of the duties and how you think you can help?   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview

I applied and was interviewed for a Senior Business Analyst position with an executive director. I was interviewed again 2 months later for the same position by four people, one of which was an executive director. I received an offer shortly after that for a Business Analyst position, which I accepted. I was later told that the positions were restructured.

Interview Questions

• How will you succeed in this position having no experience with health insurance administration?   Answer Question

Teleservice Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (San Jose, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

1. 30minute phone screening with recruiter 2. Panel Interview with 2 Managers: Informed about the job, the duties and what they are seeking in candidates. Was asked a series of 12 questions (situational, tell me about a time when etc ...) 3. Waiting Game now Aced 2 assessments prior to recruiter contacting me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were faced with a difficult situation, how did you handle it and what was the outcome ?   Answer Question