Kaiser Permanente Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.9

APPOINTMENT CLERK Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (San Jose, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received an email asking me to complete two online typing tests. After a week and a half they called and we set up an interview. I interviewed with two office managers. The questions were pretty typical. Make sure you know the company and the meaning behind "Thrive". They asked some situational questions, but not many. Make sure to ask what you are interviewing for. I applied and was interviewed for what I thought was a full-time position. They had actually hired the full-time position from within and hired me for the part-time position. This should have been clearer, but I am happy with the outcome and am excited to be working with this company. Hopefully I can be transitioned into full-time!

Lead Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA).

Interview

Pretty Standard. Initial interview with the hiring manager. In person interview with hiring manager and several members of the recruiting team. Final interview with head of group you will support.

Interview Questions

• Nothing special. Just the usual resume review, skill assessment and some questions about future direction.   Answer Question

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novato, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Novato, CA).

Interview

I was very nervous for my interview, kaiser is, of course, a dream company to work for if you are looking for good retirement benefits and job security. I wasn't coming in with a lot of experience and was concerned about how this would be perceived. The interview was similar to others I have been through, a lot of team and management and troubleshooting questions. It definitely felt like there was a specific template, but was rather routine. The nurse manager made me feel surprisingly comfortable, but I'm sure this is not always the case. My best advice would be to over prepare and know as much about the company that you can... And be able to throw that out during the interview. Good luck!

Marriage and Family Therapist Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Stockton, CA).

Interview

Phone/email behavioral interview: basic questions, had to call in to a voicemail recorded portion to answer vignette type questions. Why do you want to work for us? Asked about specific scenarios you have experienced with clients.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Kaiser?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Asked expected salary compensation.

Staff RN Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview

Hard to get to the interview. I knew someone via a recommendation, but before an interview process occurs, one must pass the personality test. The personality test is by far one of the most pre-hiring tests that I have encountered. I am unsure whether or not I had to take one when I worked as a traveler with another KP, but it was stressful given that I really wanted the job.

Interview Questions

• No specific interview questions, it was more so experience and what would you do. I will say be able to recall a time that you made a mistake and had to own up to it by having to notify the physician and charge nurse etc.   Answer Question

Inpatient Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Daly City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Daly City, CA).

Interview

Panel or group interview with a number of pharmacists and/or which includes the director of inpatient pharmacy, and lead technician. The interview is a gamut of questions that may be of subjective to objective in nature and usually lasts an hour.

Cls Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

it was quick and easy. and they didn't stress too much on technical questions. The supervisor is friendly and quicky offer the job afterward. the over all experience was good

Patient Care Coordinator Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

2 person interview, at that time the manager read question from a script I felt like! The manager read one question then my co-worker whom I was going to work with read one.

Interview Questions

• Will you feel comfortable calling HBS doctors time to time?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (New York, NY).

Interview

Can take time to go through process. Be aware of who you are speaking to. Ask job questions of peers to get clear understanding of role. Ask about turnover and why role is available - know what you are walking into. Ask to meet team you will work with.

Interview Questions

• May be asked to answer in writing a series of questions. Not likely to be read so keep answers simple.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation or room

CPT1 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fontana, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Fontana, CA).

Interview

one on one with lab supervisor asked about my experience and how I would handle a difficult child. The skills I held and if I had did any bone marrow procedures which I have done.

Interview Questions

• How would you draw blood from a child that has had a bad experience.?   1 Answer