Kaiser Permanente

Updated Feb 24, 2015
Updated Feb 24, 2015

2.9

Emergency Room RN Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter a few weeks later. It took about 3 weeks for the ER director to call me for an interview. During the interview he asked me typical q's "Why do you want to work here? What have you heard about the company? Describe a time when you provided excellant customer service. Describe a time when you got into a conflict with a fellow co-worker."

Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente in February 2015.

There group interviews are the WORST! You have 20 nervous girls in a room with a panel of 7 supervisors. They make you get in groups of twos and give a presentation of your partners work history.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with stress? Why should we hire you? What is your weakness?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

After applying for multiple jobs, I received an email to complete a questionnaire then was asked about my minimum salary to confirm because they could pay below what I listed. Then phone interview with the hiring manager and now panel interview. Odd that they don't pay for parking when you come for an interview and then have to take a writing assessment. Crazy...

pay was so low

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente in February 2015.

This was a phone interview; they emailed first requesting time and day. I was unprepared for this interview thinking I could do it without preparation so I learned a lesson from this interview which cost me the job or second, face to face interview. Overall these interviews at this company are looking for one or two things and if you do not seem to have this one thing (even though you have the 50 other things and 15 years experience) they start getting negative. Had two interviews with this company and both were negative.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here; describe yourself, describe your experience. Did you have experience scheduling calendars, working for one person specifically? Describe conflict with coworker and how you handled it. Describe how you handled a stressful situation   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

I was first interviewed by phone, then I was interviewed in person and lastly i was interviews by the manager. All of the interview questions were standard interview questions, multiple interviews.

Interview Questions
    • The process was rather standard, I would not say it was out of the norm. All aspects of the interview were typical and ran smoothly.   Answer Question

Call Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vallejo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vallejo, CA

I applied through other source – interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

You take a typing speed accuracy test and audio data entry test.
    If you fail you can retake it again in 3 weeks.
    I was hired in 2002 so I'm sure the testing is much different now

Interview Questions
    • How would you answer to someone calling you foul names   Answer Question
    No negotiations

Project Coordinator Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Hire process took a very long time, several month to be exact. HR was very thorough on background screening, and initial phone interview included a skills test. After which I was invited to a 1:1 interview with the hiring manager. A follow up interview was set up with a panel of leads from the department. Both Interviews itself was conversational, but had many real life scenarios and I was expected to describe my experience or how I would handle a situation.

Interview Questions
    Brief negotiation phase, made one adjustment after which I accepted the offer.

Senior Consulting Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

1. Submitted a cover letter and resume online. 2. Asked for first round interview within 2 weeks. 3. Interview was in-person and two hours in duration, w/ optional webcam if not available in-person. 4. First hour was case study analysis. 5. Second hour was with Department Director and Associate Director. 6. Second round interview is in one month.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview process took one phone call. Employer asked me typical questions (tell me about yourself, why do you want to work for KP). SInce it was an intern position, I don't think it was as high stakes. Relaxed interview process.

When hired, they told me right at the end.

No negotiation

Consultant - Market Strategy Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente in January 2015.

Applied online. HR person responded back with a questionnaire to fill out stating salary requirements and to respond to a few questions. Got a response back that the max salary for this was well below my current salary. I decided to proceed anyway. Did a 1 on 1 with a sr mgr (1h). They are quick to schedule you in but did not tell me it was 1h long. Luckily I could push back my other meeting. But the call was a very structured interview, not a lot of time to answer questions about the organization on their part though. Easy case study. Second round included coming into their office. I met with the same senior mgr again for an hour. Lot of open-ended questions, no structure to the interview this time. Where do you see yourself in 5 years, etc. Questions seem to come on the fly. Again, not a lot of time to answer questions so I can understand their organization. In the end she cut it short, as it was probably evident that this was my practice interview as I was gearing up for other interviews not related to health care. They want someone dedicated to health care market strategy (not too many job openings in this realm so if this is truly what you want, then make sure you do your research around this). I think a market strategist coming from a CPG, CE or any other industry could be a good fit to this role, just have to be be nimble enough to respond to the current regulatory issues around healthcare but all industries will have constraints.

Interview Questions
    • What part of ACA do you find to be the most challenging?   View Answer