Kaiser Permanente Interview Questions

2.9

Senior Market Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente in March 2011.

The best part of the process was the Portland HR office contacted me very quickly due to my resume after applying for the position. The one-on-one phone interview with one of the hiring managers went OK, but he seemed somewhat arrogant and quickly judgmental.

Unfortunately the Director of Marketing at Kaiser's Portland office is extremely picky about the candidates she hires. The panel interview consisted of 4 people: the Director of Marketing, a professional interviewer with psychology credentials, an existing Senior Market Planner, and someone from Sales. They seemed easy going at first, but it's clear they're ruthless and extremely arrogant in looking for a candidate. They like people who act and think like the traditional MBA candidate; they're definitely not innovative thinkers. Their ethical values are probably murky - the Direct of Marketing used to work at Arthur Anderson in Texas. The level of arrogance on the panel was incredibly high. They also administered 2 tests: one aimed at competitive intelligence and one aimed at market planning with unrealistic 10 minute time limits for both.

Interview Questions
    • Providence is gaining a competitive advantage in our market. How would you design a competitive intelligence program to monitor and analyze this threat?   Answer Question
    • Outline a plan to increase marketshare for Kaiser in a specific market from 15% to 18%.   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Website for job application is a nightmare. that is the only way to get a foot in the door. Networking does not seem to help. HR generally is slow to respond.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me what you would do if you heard a rumor about someone and then you had to work with them. Would you assume it to be true or get to know the person first.   View Answers (3)
    used a headhunter and there was not much negotiation.

Registered Nurse Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente in April 2010.

I had a phone interview with a representative of Kaiser, for a travel RN position in PACU. It was very intense and a lot more difficult than I had anticipated. She asked tons of clinical questions and the interview lasted an hour. I have never been so nervous and intimidated during an interview. If you want to work for Kaiser, you'd better know your stuff!

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer asked me a question about a specific anesthesia drug with which I was not familiar. I just didn't have enough years in PACU to know enough for their requirements, so I didn't get the job.   Answer Question

Technologist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Multiple review process via phone and in-person. Detailed engineering group level review (s) and hiring manager one-on-one. Followed by HR consultant followup

Interview Questions
    • A number of very detailed technical level questions were asked (subject matter specific)   Answer Question
    Offer of pay/benifits was fixed, Negotiated work location and hours.

Cashier/Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

The only way to apply is online now. Look for a job and remember the reference number. If you are selected, they will call you in to test for the job of this specific reference number. Typically, for a cashier/receptionist position, you will take Basic Computer Competency courses, tested on you WPM, and medical terminology. If you pass these test, then you go into the next phase and get an interview. The interview typically has 3 people evaluating and asking questions. This is a conservative company. Refrain from showing tattoos, piercing, and unnatural colored hair. Be friendly and professional. Make sure you know a little bit about the company and the department you applied for. It will help knowing what kind of procedures the department does so you can explain the process to patients. Knowing a little bit of medical background definitely helps, even if this is a desk job.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest questions to answers has to do with customer service. From previous customer service jobs, you learn that "the customer is always right". But that is not the case a hospital because of HIPPA. Learn what HIPPA is and scenarios that directly involve HIPPA. Kaiser Permanente is very strict about following the law. These are not customers but patients who have rights you must protect.   Answer Question

Administrative Specialist III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Applied, was called in for testing, then group interview then finally 1 to 1 interview with the legal department. I made it to the final round however the job ended up being canceled. It was extremely disappointing considering all the steps that needed to be taken. I took a lot of time off to go in for everything only for the position to be canceled a few weeks later. It was very disheartening.

Interview Questions
    • While doing monotonous or repetitive work, how do you stay focused and alert?   View Answer

Environmental Services Technician (Housekeeping) Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

I applied for the position online in September and was called for an October Interview, it was with 3-4 of management team and a 3 part interview. In January after my many calls with a contingent job offer based on drug and background check has taken from Jan-March.

Interview Questions
    It's hard enough to get a job let alone at Kaiser. Get your foot in the door before you start bartering. I took what they offered immediately. it was fair. I will be well paid. was no need to negotiate.

Administrative Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente in August 2010.

Interview took place with a panel of two other candidates and three total interviewers. Awkward and stressful interview that led to one of the other candidates, who worked within the organization, to despise me upon getting the job over him.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle the schedule when an employee calls out and another employee wants to go home sick?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Submitted my application online which was a detailed process but fortunately KP's career portal will save your info for future applications. Not not after my submission I received a call from what I believe was a representative from HR who wanted to coordinate a phone interview with the Assistant Controller. The phone interview was short and sweet, nothing too complex. I was invited to the first in-person interview where I interviewed with the Assistant Controller and Finance Manager one-on-one, answering fairly basic questions. Afterwards I had to take an Excel skills test which was fairly complex and covered advanced functions within excel, basic MS Acess skills, and even some SQL code. I did well enough on both the one-on-one and and Excel test to be invited to a panel interview where I presented multiple case questions I had emailed to me 48 hrs prior.

Interview Questions
    • Create a financial model that will display an expected profit level when given inputs are changed.   Answer Question

LVN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente in March 2014.

I applied over a year ago and got a random call I was told to take an assessment test in which I did exceptionally well. Then I was scheduled for 2 interviews did really good on both got a call with an offer and now im just waiting on grtting drug tested and background.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you the right person for this position. What makes you better than anyone else.   Answer Question