Kaiser Permanente Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.9

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Hillsboro, OR) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online for one of the 100 positions to come available for the new call center. 2 days later, I received a request for an online skills test/call practice session. After passing this portion, I received a follow up email asking me to answer 5 situational questions. Another week goes by and I receive a phone call to set up an interview. I arrive at the local interview and of one of several people there for the interview that day (I probably saw about 10-15 people in my hour's time) I meet first with a current employee of Kaiser who is also a union steward. He tells me about the Kaiser position and the role that the union has with Kaiser. We talk about some general information. I am then called for my actual interview. I meet with two women in a large room where other interviews are going on. I am asked 6-8 questions, each interviewer taking turns asking me questions. Lastly, I am asked if I have any questions of them. I am asked to sit in the lobby and told I will meet someone from HR. The representative comes by and says she wants to make sure that she has the correct email and phone number for me so that they can be sure to contact me. She tells me that I will hear back on my status within 48 hours. I thought that the interview went really well and that I had a good rapport with the interviewers (interviewing is usually my strong area), but it has now been 2 weeks since I've had my interview and I've heard nothing. I left 2 messages for the new hire coordinator last week and neither has been returned. Information on the job posting said that a drug test and background check would be required before beginning employment, but I never reached that point.

Interview Questions

• Tell me 2 times where you went above and beyond a customer's expectations.   14 Answers
    • Please describe a situation where you had to deal with someone from a different culture.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Kaiser and why do you think you would be a good fit for the company?   Answer Question

Medical Social Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview

I applied online and received a call within a week. I had a phone screening with a recruiter first, then received call from a manager for an interview. I had a panel interview, set questions were asked (standard interview questions), and a lot of scenarios were given. It was a good opportunity to meet other staff and get a sense of the working culture. I was asked to provide references after the interview and reference were called within a week. There is an extensive background check after receiving and accepting a job offer. I was advised to double check my employment dates and salary, applicants will be automatically disqualified if employment dates are incorrect. Background check agency may ask for copies of W-2s. I assume they ask when they are unable to reach former employers. Overall, it was a pleasant experience and I'm excited to be joining the agency.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions asked with a lot of scnearios   Answer Question

Claims Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Panel Interview and questions about past experiences. How to prioritize and manage work. Are you a team player, How to handle difficult customers, How do you work to resolve conflict within the department, Where do you see yourself in 5 years.

Patient Account Specialist - Hillsboro, OR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Portland, OR) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online, 24 hours later completed assessments, 48 hours after assessments email for interview. Went in for the interview(panel) and offered a contingent offer upon background and drug screen. Completed all this within the 48 hours I was required, and the next day I received a voicemail advising that the job offer had been rescinded due to my references. I have used the same references for my last 3 positions- and never a problem. I contacted all references and they stated that they never received a call from the screening group (First Advantage)? All previous references/managers and I are still in "good standing" and I have never left an employer other than resignation or lay off. CONFUSED!!!???!!!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Name a time when you have dealt with a difficult customer and what did you do to diffuse? What are your strengths? Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Analyst, Commercial Segment Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Atlanta, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

Started with an initial contact by a recruiter asking me to take an online diagnostic. The online diagnostic took approximately two hours to complete and consists of a logic section, personality section, and a multitasking test. The second step was a thirty minute behavioral phone interview with a recruiter. The third step was a take home case study which you are given 48 hours to complete which tests your ability to handle / manipulate data and draw conclusions through analysis. The fourth step was an on site interview consisting of two rounds; the first round was a discussion of the conclusions drawn from the take home case study, the second round was a behavioral interview with an analyst and the manager. They informed me the next step would be an additional interview, but I was cut at this point.

Interview Questions

• Many questions from the logic section are very much like LSAT questions. Behavioral questions were very generic and included things like "where do you see yourself in five years?" "why healthcare?" etc.   Answer Question

Creative and Production Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Straight forward and simple interview. They told you about the company and the background information of the position. Then they asked you how you would fit into this position. Overall, just wanted to see your personality.

Interview Questions

• Explained scope of the duties and how you think you can help?   Answer Question

Marketing Editor/Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the manager of marketing content. Seemed friendly and all went well. Then they sent out a writing test and said do this when you can. The test wasn't that hard--- writing a basic info sheet for a KP service based on the info they gave me. I had spent about 3 hours working on it, when they informed me they already selected a candidate. Early bird gets the worm apparently, but it was quite a shock and humiliation. Why make me work and jump hoops if you're not even going to take the time to consider my test? How much more poorly can a company treats applicants?

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview

I applied and was interviewed for a Senior Business Analyst position with an executive director. I was interviewed again 2 months later for the same position by four people, one of which was an executive director. I received an offer shortly after that for a Business Analyst position, which I accepted. I was later told that the positions were restructured.

Interview Questions

• How will you succeed in this position having no experience with health insurance administration?   Answer Question

Teleservice Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (San Jose, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

1. 30minute phone screening with recruiter 2. Panel Interview with 2 Managers: Informed about the job, the duties and what they are seeking in candidates. Was asked a series of 12 questions (situational, tell me about a time when etc ...) 3. Waiting Game now Aced 2 assessments prior to recruiter contacting me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were faced with a difficult situation, how did you handle it and what was the outcome ?   Answer Question

Pharmacy Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview

I was not called for an interview until 3-4 months after I had applied. I believe they wait until they have many applicants to begin the process. Phone interview to screen. In-person interview with the supervisor, assistant supervisor, and a student on rotation.