Kaiser Permanente Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2014
Updated Sep 13, 2014

2.9

Pharmacy Technician Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Contacted by recruiter by phone and was asked routine questions about my interest in the company and my work history. Set up interview for the next week. The interview was panel style with 3 interviewers asking situation based questions. I finally received the call from the recruiter concerning the job offer about 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which you disagreed with your supervisor about how to resolve a problem. What was the outcome. Give specifics.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in June 2014.

I easily applied online. Once you get your info in the kaiser Talent network its pretty easy to apply for other jobs within the company. I then received a call to come in and interview. I was interviewed by two managers who were very polite and professional. Interview went well but I think I may have been over qualified for the position at hand. That being said I am still applying in hopes to soon become part of the Kaiser family.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with someone who wanted to enter the office and refused to sign the log book.?   View Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Submitted my application online which was a detailed process but fortunately KP's career portal will save your info for future applications. Not not after my submission I received a call from what I believe was a representative from HR who wanted to coordinate a phone interview with the Assistant Controller. The phone interview was short and sweet, nothing too complex. I was invited to the first in-person interview where I interviewed with the Assistant Controller and Finance Manager one-on-one, answering fairly basic questions. Afterwards I had to take an Excel skills test which was fairly complex and covered advanced functions within excel, basic MS Acess skills, and even some SQL code. I did well enough on both the one-on-one and and Excel test to be invited to a panel interview where I presented multiple case questions I had emailed to me 48 hrs prior.

Interview Questions
    • Create a financial model that will display an expected profit level when given inputs are changed.   Answer Question

Communications Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in June 2013.

Contacted by a Kaiser recruiter for a position within IT. Had two rounds of interviews. The teams didn't seem to know exactly what they needed, and had no clear communications strategy for their project. I had two interviews with two levels of recruiters then was brought in for two rounds of interviews. The first one was with team members. The second was with other team members and the leader of the group .

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a group that has low morale and has undergone a lot of change?   Answer Question

Presentation Designer (Specialist) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

For the most part, the interviewing process was good. Kaiser is a very large organization, and some of that bureaucracy shows up in the interviewing process. I imagine it would be great company to work for though. Phone interview was great. In person interview was fine for the most part. Follow up skills test was fine as well. However, the follow-up communications regarding next steps after that could have been better.

Interview Questions
    • To paraphrase: "Tell me about a time when things did not work with a job/project as you had planned."   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Union City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union City, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interviewed by a panel of physicians and managers. Questions on how I would deal with unruly patients, how I would handle some one who fell. Must apply online first . I was able yo transfer from another department which helped.

Interview Questions
    Salary based on experience.

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in November 2010.

Very Long and drawn out process. Took a couple weeks to complete the screening process. Questionnaires also several interviews on different dates. But it was all worth it in the end. After being hired there are several mandatory trainings that need to be completed before your first 30 days.

Interview Questions
    Received a phone call with a very generous offer.

Administrative Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in June 2011.

Initial phone interview 20 minutes with recruiter. Second interview telephone with another recruiter. Next interview f2f with hiring manager on site and sat with a panel for the final interview. Process was over four weeks

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you made a mistake and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Physician Partner Interview

I applied through other source - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Hiring goes through Human resources: alot of paperwork. Takes months. Eventually = Two interviews. Chief is very upbeat, and makes alot of promises, that end up unfulfilled. Interviewed by group and department administrator = vague answers.

Interview Questions
    • Did not expect to be asked if I was o.k. in a system without seniority rules?   View Answer
    No negotiation: take it or leave it. Must sign all documents, or won't be hired, (including binding mandatory arbitration).

Medical Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hayward, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayward, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in November 2010.

I applied from my former job to the HR dept....I was then called in for an interview at the new dept.
    I took the interview, had a tour, was checked out by the union for being qualified for the job and was hired.

Interview Questions
    • how well I got along with others in an office atmosphere   Answer Question