Kaiser Permanente

Relevance Date Difficulty

Administrative Specialist Interview

Administrative Specialist
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview Details – I applied on-line - very easy process. After about 7-10 days I received phone call from human resources telling me that they would like me to come in for a group interview. I then received a detailed e-mail with instructions and directions for group interview, including the expected attire. This was my first group interview - it was strange at first but I soon felt comfortable. Everyone I dealt with from the security to the human resources personnel to the managers were extremely nice and very proffessional. They made you feel at ease, we were in a large meeting room, there were three Kaiser staff members and about ten interviewees. They set us into groups to get to know each other so we could introduce each other, then they gave us questions regarding previous work experience, stressful situations and the like.

Interview Question – Questions are all very well written, directly relate to position. Nothing all that difficult nor unexpected   Answer Question

Associate Applications Coordinator Interview

Associate Applications Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview Details – After applying online, got call back to take an assement exam. About 1 week later got call back to interview for 2 different open positions. Just under 2 weeks later, I was called by HR and offered a position

Interview Question – What career choices would i have done differently.   View Answer

Physician Interview

Physician
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in May 2011.

Interview Details – Had an initial interview at both facilities with both groups and was asked a lot of behavioral questions and you also took a questionnaire to see your personality type. Interview is done in a panel or group format and everyone selects a question to ask you. You are given the questions beforehand to prepare.

Interview Question – How did you handle a difficult patient? How did you handle a difficult situation where a patient was not satisified?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much of one. HR is not transparent. My salary was not accurate. If you take a position, make sure it is one that you want to do for years beacuse if another job becomes available, you will not be considered for it except for certain conditions.

Administrative Interview

Administrative
Pasadena, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in March 2014.

Interview Details – For this position, interviews varied in the way they were conducted. People had webcam, phone call, individual, and/or group interviews. I was interviewed in a group by a panel of 4 individuals.

Interview Question – Give a situation where you had to utilize your communication skills to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Graduate Business Interview

Graduate Business
Pasadena, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in March 2013.

Interview Details – First I applied online because I saw that Kaiser recruiting was going to be on campus. I told the recruiter the job number and got some questions about my interest. After a few days I got an email from another recruiter and in it was a pre-screen questionnaire document. After completing the document and sending it back I received a call from the same recruiter to set up an in-person interview with the hiring manager. Interview went well and I got the offer.

Negotiation Details – no negotiation, they said the starting pay was standard for graduate students.

Program Coordinator Interview

Program Coordinator

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in February 2013.

Interview Details – The human resources people are a joke. The only reason that I was able to get an interview, is because I looked up and inquired with people about who the hiring manager was and contacted directly. I think that you have to be in KP or know someone to get a good job here. My interview process was lovely. I met a panel of three and then a one-on-one. The communication after the interview was a bit spotty, but after about two weeks was told that I would be offered the position, but they were still dealing with HR in making the offer.

Negotiation Details – Since I was inner- KP - there wasn't much negotiation other than I wouldn't take less than and I actually ended up with more!

Member Service Representative Interview

Member Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview Details – Interview with 2 team managers...We review and approve every post before it appears on our site, and in the case that the community sees something suspicious we will look into the issue and take appropriate action.

Interview Question – Name a time when you fell you didn't perform as well as you could have.. name a time when you didn't appreciate managers feedback   Answer Question

Senior Staff Assistant Interview

Senior Staff Assistant

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview Details – Complicated, hard to get through first door, so I was sent in as a temp. Online isn't always great, good people are missed - rather impersonal. referral helps. their recruiting office is really just processing on boarding paper

Interview Question – weaknesses!   Answer Question

Administrative Specialist IV Interview

Administrative Specialist IV
Pasadena, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in June 2014.

Interview Details – Interviewed at the Regional Office in Pasadena. It was a group interview comprised of seven candidates. The interview panel consisted of an HR Manager, two department hiring managers, and an HR student intern. We were told to spend five minutes gathering info about the person to our right, and vice verse. At the end of the time, we had to introduce the candidate to the panel. After all the introductions, a round basket was placed on the table containing strips of paper. Each strip was a numbered interview question. We were told to pick a question, read it aloud, and answer to the best of our ability. The basket was passed around the table twice. The Hr Manager would further expand on the question with certain individuals. Then she would say great answer or good and smile. It feel like she was steering the panel toward certain candidates that she personally liked better or knew (three candidates were internal). The two department managers just feverishly took notes, checked boxes, and scored. At the end of the session, one candidate asked about the next steps. We were told we were the first group of the day, and a few more were scheduled. Another candidate asked about the length of the process, from interview til start date. We were told the process could be as short as one month or as long as two. Three separate positions were being filled from this pool of applicants. The HR manager seemed annoyed by the questions. She thanked and dismissed us.

Interview Question – All of the questions can be found online. Easy to prep ahead of time. Though the numbers went up to 50, many questions were the same reworded scenarios.   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Oakland, CA

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview Details – 1-hour phone interview and then an invitation to an all-day interview in-person. 1) I met with the Director, 2) had several individual interviews with research scientists, 3) was taken out to lunch; 4) gave a 1-hour research presentation; 5) followed by more individual interviews with research scientists.

Interview Question – The interview was so long along that I can't recall the exact questions that were asked...only the context. I was asked technical questions about my research during my presentation. I was challenged on my methodology such as study design (recruitmemnt, data collection) and implications of findings. The grilling was similar to what you would expect from a journal reviewer.   Answer Question