Kaiser Permanente Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.9

Medicare Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Portland, OR) in May 2015.

Interview

I spoke with two women in the field and it was more informal than I was expecting. They asked questions back and forth and constantly made sure to see if I had any questions. It lasted only twenty minutes. It was very easy to talk to them as people, but it was challenging having three people on the line at one time.

Chief Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fontana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Fontana, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

After you apply, you receive an email from HR to fill out a form about your qualifications. The next email will let you know a date and time on a phone interview HR will give you several dates to chose from, after the phone interview the representative will tell you that he is sending your application to the appropriate department for a formal interview.

Interview Questions

• How do handle a conflict with a coworker.   1 Answer

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview

I applied for the position online, and a couple of days later I got an email for an assessment test to take online. The test is timed. After that, I got a call the same day for an interview that would be scheduled for a week later. The interview lasted about one hour, I had a panel of five people (some are nurses and others professions) ask me questions about past job experiences. The basic interview questions that many jobs ask. KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT THE COMPANY PAST AND PRESENT! THEY LOVE THAT. I believe that set me above all the rest of the candidates and sealed the deal for me! They also asked me clinical situational questions. Also make sure you have basic knowledge of how to do the procedures that match the job description. Make the interview not to be an “interview”. Act like you interviewing them. Be confident going in, and don’t let them know you are shaking in your boots. Just think, it’s now or never. Relax, laugh, smile, and have FUN, and act INTERESTED in the panel and the company as if you known them for years. I knew that same day I had the job but needed confirmation first. Less than a week later I got the call that I got the job, and an offer was made to me, but I needed to pass the background check first. The background check took about a week and a half to complete. The whole process took about one month. Your salary is based upon your years of experience as a LPN in general.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't any negotiation. I was just happy to get the job! They look at my years of experience and went by their pay scale. My starting salary is not bad at all!

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview

They sent me an assessment with multiple math questions , after I passed the test , they called me to come in for interview after 3/4 days . I came to the interview and I had another test that had clinical questions and telemetry strip and a 12 lead elf question, after that I finally went in to be interviewed they asked multiple behavioral questions . Now I'm waiting for a response , my interview was today .

Interview Questions

• Name a situation when you were doing something for a patient and it was miss understood ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't receive an offer her interview was today .

APPOINTMENT CLERK Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Anaheim, CA).

Interview

Starts off as a group interview, which you would partner up and learn work history about your partner. Then you would present your partners work history in front of the group. Next exercise you will grab a question out of a bucket and answer in front of the group. If you did well in the group interview, you will then proceed to a one-on-one interview.

Pharmacy Residency Interview

Interview

The interview process is rather unusual. It consisted of 4 different interviewing groups, and only 2 of them were considered as the the traditional interview sessions. A spontaneous presentation was required as well for the interview session.

Interview Questions

• How did you achieve a personal (non professional ) goal of yours   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA).

Interview

Contacted by dept manager for initial phone interview and brought in for face to face meeting the following week. Interviewed with 2 team members, the manager and director. They had a set of questions to ask from and went down the list. Involved scenario questions, strength/weakness questions, and a few technical questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview

I went for an interview first. There are two people interview me. Each of them had an interview list. They take turn to ask me question following the lists. I'm really excited to work for Kaiser, but when I told the agency that i'm done with the interview. She told me to take the Assessment Test before the process done. Next day, she called me and said I didn't pass the assessment test that mean I didn't get the job. Working for kaiser is my dream job, but it is so hard for me to get in. Hope one day, I can get the job in Kaiser.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time that you felt you went above and beyond the call of duty at work.   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Sacramento, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Many people interviewing for one job but it was just one on one. Very easy interview was expecting more technical questions like drug names and other pharmacy related questions but was nothing like that. All the questions were just situational questions like how you react to this or that. Really nice people.

Interview Questions

• What was one time you made a mistake and what did you do to fix it   Answer Question

Staff Auditor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview

It was a great interview process. i had 3 phone interviews and 1 in person interview. The initial phone interview was with the HR Recruiter followed by 2 other phone interview with the interview panel. The final interview was an in person interview with the hiring manager about 3 weeks after my initial interview.