Kaiser Permanente

Kaiser Permanente Interview Questions

Updated Dec 14, 2014
Updated Dec 14, 2014

2.9

Kaiser Permanente, Health Education, Health Promotion and Women's Health Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente in October 2014.

The response to emails were very prompt, and scheduling an interview was not an issue. However, my original interview date had to be moved because the interviewer got caught up in meetings that day. We rescheduled and the interview went relatively well. I was told she will get back to me in one week about the decision.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty general, such as "what are 3 words to describe you. give an example of you have demonstrated each" & "why do you want to work for kaiser?"   Answer Question

Kaiser Permanente Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Smooth process that was well-run. I think they're looking for genuine interest in healthcare-don't both applying unless you do, both because they'll be able to tell in your interview and because the work won't drive you. An amazing company to work for doing amazing things in the community--if you're interested in improving peoples' health, this is a great place to do it.

Interview Questions
    • None that stick out, but make sure you're familiar with KP and the industry.   Answer Question

Senior Contract Analyst Interview

I was contacted via phone by the HR recruiter and had a screening interview with the recruiter. That was followed up by an interview with the hiring manager. Then the recruiter contacted me with the job offer and we went through some negotiations. It was a pretty process.

PeopleSoft Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Kaiser doesn't screen resumes directly for these relatively smaller positions, like mine. They've external HR consultancies to do that. I submitted to a third party, who had a quick response (I've lots of experience with the tool) and had a lengthy chat. Once that was done, she asked me for three times / days to be available for an interview. KP Interview panel had 7 people at various levels and the interview was over in just 2 hours where the questions ranged from the application knowledge, domain knowledge, skill sets and SDLC knowledge, business process and some written documents. After that I was called in for a face to face and that was done in another hour or so. Relatively easy process, if you know the tool. Some of the senior analysts, who did the face to face, are more hands on and have been using the tools, know the domain inside out. I finally met the director and he was hands on and very helpful. Strangely for a non-IT company, KP has excellent IT culture which I liked a lot. Overall a very professional and positive environment.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online – interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in September 2014.

Applied online to a few positions with different locations over about 6 months. Not really actively trying. Once I reached 2 years experience in the field, they called within a couple weeks. Interviewed at one location but was turned down (I did a terrible interview so I wasn't surprised) but they passed my name on to other hiring managers (surprising because of the first terrible interview). I set up a second interview with the managers from other locations, more prepared this time. They asked the exact same questions and told me they would call by the following Friday with a yes or no. They called the next day and offered me the job at my preferred location (not the first one I interviewed with, they let me choose). It was very pleasant and professional in all regards.

Interview Questions
    • How do I handle unhappy customers? Give specific examples.   Answer Question
    • Have I ever worked with someone who did not pull their own weight? Give specific examples of how I handled the situation.   Answer Question
    • Have I ever not gotten along with a coworker regarding culture, religion, etc.? Specific example of how I handled it?   Answer Question
    • How often am I late? And how often do I call out sick? (I understand this is the most important quality to the company)   Answer Question
    The pay rate is set by the union from what I understand, but it is an excellent wage for the amount of education I have.

APPOINTMENT CLERK Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente in September 2014.

There was a group Interview of about 20 people. The panel was very positive and friendly. They gave off a really nice vibe. That helped, considering the anxiety of interviewing with so many people. They were pretty up front about the " ugly" of the job as well as the "perks". All of the questions were pretty standard and expected. Its been a week and I have not heard anything yet. Great pay, but if you are " on call" there are no benefits just yet. You only qualify for benefits once you become part time or full time.

Interview Questions
    • I felt like I prepared very well for my interview, did lots of research on the company. The first question they asked was:

If you could be an animal, what would it be and why? I was caught off guard with that one.

Answer Question

Customer Service/Data Entry Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in September 2014.

I don't have anything to say except I went in for an interview now they want to do a group interview. Does anyone know what to expect? My original interview went great...They just took a while to get back with me re: the group interview

Interview Questions
    • Greatest weakness and how many days did you call in sick   Answer Question

Volunteer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente in September 2014.

I filled out an volunteer application about 3 months ago and finally got a call about the information meeting. Was told that after the information meeting, if you are still interested there will be an interview session held right afterwards. The information given were about the roles and expectation that they will have on you. Requires a 1 year commitment and one 4-hour shift per week. The persons running this was very fun and laid back.

Interview Questions
    • Easy and straight forward questions were asked. What is customer service to you, what do you like to do as a hobby, tell me about yourself and why do you want to volunteer here. Is the customer always right?   Answer Question

Cal Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fulton, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fulton, MD

interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in September 2014.

I had one interview and it went great. She asked if the location was feasible, she explained benefits and an average work day. I was hired on the spot which was really great. I had to take a computer literacy test, which included, customer service skills, a typing test, and computer skills test. I passed with flying colors, and at the end I took my picture for my identification badge and was called that night with the job offer.

LVN I Interview

Took about a month for them to email me an online test. Once I completed the test, it took about a day for a recruiter to call me. about 2 business days later I was called for an interview in front of a panel.

Interview Questions
    • what was your most stressful situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question