Kaiser Permanente

Relevance Date Difficulty

Materials Manager Interview

Materials Manager
Largo, MD

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in June 2010.

Interview Details – From all of my interviews that I have had when applying for positions held here, they were very diffienent from any interview that I had previously. I walked into the room, and to my surprise, there were seven people. This was a panel-board interview. It was a little overwhelming initially. But after I took a deep breath, and had a sip of water. the questions came. The panel consisted of my manager, a few department mangers whom I would be working with and a few area manager from their respected areas. They all fired away with questions. It was a great experience and learned that I

Interview Question – I always get a little stuck with providing real-life experiences of how I have responded in varios scenarios.   Answer Question

ON-CALL Medical Assistant Interview

ON-CALL Medical Assistant
Sacramento, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in March 2014.

Interview Details – got a job interview on march 7, 2013 one weeks later they called me with a job offer. its been two weeks background check is clear, drug test still pending (was done 2 days ago) and now an previous employer verification check is pending. my start date is April 7. Lets hope that happens.

Interview Question – none Interview went great.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Internship Interview

Internship
Denver, CO

I applied through other source - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in November 2013.

Interview Details – Began communicating through inquiry email. Eventually brought in for an informal email with three team members. Was offered the internship on the spot. Team members seemed to get along well and appeared to be a positive work environment.

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in October 2010.

Interview Details – First contact was email followed by two phone interviews before scheduling an in person meeting. Once we met it was a long interview perhaps two hours with mostly the manager talking.

Interview Question – Tell us what level of skills you have with templets   View Answer

Project Coordinator Interview

Project Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview Details – I submitted an application and did not get a response until almost 2.5months later. I had a phone interview shortly the first contact and an in person 2 weeks later. It was a great experience as the penal was basically talking about the position and what to expect than ask a lot of questions.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions. Pretty general.   Answer Question

Director of Finance Interview

Director of Finance

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview Details – Cumbersome. HR is slow to respond or completely non responsive. As a manager, the hiring tools and HR staff make it difficult for you to review resumes personally except those they pass on, many of which are not ones you would choose for the role and dont fit because humans dont review most of them and good people are screened out by computers,

Interview Question – How would you describe what I do? Not a trick question.   View Answer

Team Manager Interview

Team Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in March 2012.

Interview Details – Kaiser has an extensive process which includes background checks, drug testing and personal interviews with many departments at various levels of the hierarchy. The pre-interview process took over 1 month and the interviews took place over two weeks. Final selection took an additional 1 month.

Candidates should be prepared to present in front of several panels of employees of various departments and answer their questions of the top of your head. Very little preparation can be done for this process since the questions are often not very well organized.

Interview Question – I was asked to answer questions about internal conflicts and politics in the organization and how I would navigate through these issues when executing my job responsibilities.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in February 2011.

Interview Details – My knowledge, personality and hard set skills were thoroughly review both via phone and in person.
I found the people to be extremely bright and to the point.
It seemed they had cohesive teams which gelled very nicely. The words and body language in the room indicated a true team spirit of mutual agreements and shared success together.
The questions showed they authentically understood what they needed and weren't afraid to say 'I don't know' when necessary. Overall, although intimidating, it was great learning experience with incredible people.

Interview Question – I don't remember the exact question but something to the effect of, least favorite thing about last job/boss.   Answer Question

Flex SHIMA Interview

Flex SHIMA
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in February 2014.

Interview Details – After applying at Kaiser and not hearing a single response for nearly 7 years, I finally made it to the next step when I applied for a position in the Mid-Atlantic region. First I was required to take a Medical Terminology test. About two weeks later, I received an email from my potential supervisor for an interview. In all honesty, I felt I bombed the first few questions, but I made sure to speak about good management skills, patient privacy, and learning how to work as a team. I had a panel interview with three people, and in addition to my being nervous, the questions were somewhat difficult. Interview lasted about an hour. Once I returned home, I sent a follow-up letter to the three interviewers, thanking them for their time, and further expressing my interest in the position. About a week and a half later, I was offered the position! They did a background check and of course a drug screening. Once that was completed, the offer became final. Will start soon!

Interview Question – What do you know about Kaiser and our organization?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation necessary, salary was higher than expected.

Practice Leader Consultant Interview

Practice Leader Consultant
Oakland, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in March 2012.

Interview Details – Internal Transfer. I knew them for years. Finally told them I was interested in joining. First lunch with the hiring director. Then a team interview in person (small team). Than a bizarre written exercise where I tried to respond to a large, unfamiliar problem. Then a follow-up team phone interview. Then HR had to do a screening process (after the interviews!). Then a long delay, a verbal salary offer that had to be corrected (downwards!), and then it all went through.

Interview Question – Write an essay answer to how you would handle getting a large project going without executive sponsorship - regarding a business process I was unfamiliar with.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me a 10% raise over my current position verbally. I was happy and accepted. After giving me the job, they backtracked and said senior management would approve no raise (this was an internal transfer). The hiring director got high level approval for a 5% raise. I was disappointed, but promised that raises would be higher in the next few years. That has not come true. My advice: get it in writing. This is your base salary we are talking about.