Kaiser Permanente

Relevance Date Difficulty

Receptionist Interview

Receptionist
Downey, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in September 2013.

Interview Details – Great, felt very relaxed and the manager made a very comfortable environment.

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Calverton, MD

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in June 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed with 3 people had a background check and drug screening,

Interview Question – Unix questions because I was not a Unix user.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Administrative Specialist III Interview

Pasadena, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview Details – Applied, was called in for testing, then group interview then finally 1 to 1 interview with the legal department. I made it to the final round however the job ended up being canceled. It was extremely disappointing considering all the steps that needed to be taken. I took a lot of time off to go in for everything only for the position to be canceled a few weeks later. It was very disheartening.

Interview Question – While doing monotonous or repetitive work, how do you stay focused and alert?   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

Interviewed at Kaiser Permanente

Interview Details – typing test and then an online assessment. The online assessment took about 3 hours and test you in Math, Business writing and other general education areas. It also test you on Word and Excel. There is also a personality test that you should answer honestly because it was designed to tell if you lie.

Psychiatric Social Work Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview Details – Sent in CV, writing sample, with email. Emailed for interview. One hour long interview

Interview Question – Case vignette   Answer Question

HIM Clerk Interview

Sacramento, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview Details – The interview process was painful when I applied at Kaiser. I had to come in for numerous interviews. I'm not one to complain about the number of interviews, but having 4 interviews with the same person who asked the same questions wasn't really a sign of trust in my abilities. Also, the job was an entry level position where all I was doing was filing charts. In my opinion, I feel like I had to jump through hoops just to called back got another interview. I ended up accepting the position when it was offered but was very skeptical about the management.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult but the repeated interviews with repeated questions was less than desired.   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Interview

Programmer Analyst
Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in February 2011.

Interview Details – There were 3 different interviews.
1. Phone interview
2. Face to face interview with manager
3. Panel interview

Interview Question – Talk about your worst manager   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation :) To be honest, they made a really good offer but try to increase it little bit

Very Easy Interview

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
Oakland, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in August 2009.

Interview Details – informal and disorganized

Interview Question – none... very conversational   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The verbal offer was quick, but the actual formal process was unbelievably slow... almost 3 months to the day. Sadly this is a typical experience, which is common lore. While negotiating the salary, there was confusion between many players involved (hiring manager, senior executive, internal recruiter, HR manager...).

Materials Coordinator Interview

Clackamas, OR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in July 2012.

Interview Details – It was long and started with HR contacting me and then I interviewed with the department manager and then a month later went through orientation. The background check took a long time.

Interview Question – None, they were the normal ones.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation because the union decides on your pay.

Customer Relations Representative Interview

Brooklyn Heights, OH

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview Details – Back in late 2002 the interview process was a phone interview, then an assessment test for typing speed and accuracy, and finally a sit down interview.

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kaiser Permanente