Kaiser Permanente

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in May 2014.

Interview Details – After applying for a job position online through their career section on their website, I was contacted by the regional HR director 3 months later to join a group interview. It was scheduled about a month out from the invite. When I arrived there were a panel of 8 Kaiser directors from various departments. Everyone filed in and picked their own seats. The lead of the panel then asked all nurses RN and LPNs to line up and order themselves in alphabetical order. After being in line we were then assigned to the partner next to us for the next interview step.

We were then asked to obtain information from our partner: name, title, work experience, education, where they currently work, why they want to change jobs, and why they would be a good candidate for a position a Kaiser. After we had a few minutes to chat we then had to present our partner to the panel.

After that we had a small break and were given a sheet with several questions. We were to pick one and tell our answer to the group. After everyone answered their questions we were given the opportunity to ask our own. They then said someone may contact us for further interviews if they feel like we are good candidates to move on.

Interview Question – EXAMPLE QUESTIONS:

Describe an episode when you had to deal with an angry or upset patient/ customer.

What are some steps you have used to raise the level of service on your unit?

Tell me about when you received developmental feedback.

Tell me about a time when you dealt with people from different backgrounds.

How does your personality change under stress?

Describe the most difficult decision you ever had to make.

Do anticipate problems or do you react to them?

Tell me about a time when someone disagreed with what you were doing.
  Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in March 2009.

Interview Details – One interview, usual process.

Negotiation Details – Make sure you get the best salary because you WILL Earn it!

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in October 2009.

Interview Details – Straightforward. Relaxed interview. Hiring process professional. Training well-presented.

Interview Question – Tell me about your family.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Offer made. It was made clear that the offer had no negotiation.

Springfield, VA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in September 2008.

Interview Details – I had been a member of Kaiser when I was younger, and I though that working with those who took care of me would be great. I got to tour the floor in which I would be hired for. I got to meet the nurses and doctors. They welcomed me with open arms. The Clicnical coordinator who interview me was very profession al and gave me a complete run down on what to expect in the position. She was impressed with my skills and offered, and I accepted.

Interview Question – How did you handle a situation with an irrate patient?   Answer Question

Worked for Kaiser Permanente? Contribute to the Community!