Kaiser Permanente

2.5

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente in May 2014.

After applying for a job position online through their career section on their website, I was contacted by the regional HR director 3 months later to join a group interview. It was scheduled about a month out from the invite. When I arrived there were a panel of 8 Kaiser directors from various departments. Everyone filed in and picked their own seats. The lead of the panel then asked all nurses RN and LPNs to line up and order themselves in alphabetical order. After being in line we were then assigned to the partner next to us for the next interview step.

We were then asked to obtain information from our partner: name, title, work experience, education, where they currently work, why they want to change jobs, and why they would be a good candidate for a position a Kaiser. After we had a few minutes to chat we then had to present our partner to the panel.

After that we had a small break and were given a sheet with several questions. We were to pick one and tell our answer to the group. After everyone answered their questions we were given the opportunity to ask our own. They then said someone may contact us for further interviews if they feel like we are good candidates to move on.

Interview Questions
  • EXAMPLE QUESTIONS:

Describe an episode when you had to deal with an angry or upset patient/ customer.

What are some steps you have used to raise the level of service on your unit?

Tell me about when you received developmental feedback.

Tell me about a time when you dealt with people from different backgrounds.

How does your personality change under stress?

Describe the most difficult decision you ever had to make.

Do anticipate problems or do you react to them?

Tell me about a time when someone disagreed with what you were doing.

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kaiser Permanente

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente in October 2009.

Straightforward. Relaxed interview. Hiring process professional. Training well-presented.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Offer made. It was made clear that the offer had no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente in March 2009.

One interview, usual process.

Make sure you get the best salary because you WILL Earn it!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, VA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente in September 2008.

I had been a member of Kaiser when I was younger, and I though that working with those who took care of me would be great. I got to tour the floor in which I would be hired for. I got to meet the nurses and doctors. They welcomed me with open arms. The Clicnical coordinator who interview me was very profession al and gave me a complete run down on what to expect in the position. She was impressed with my skills and offered, and I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle a situation with an irrate patient?   Answer Question