Kaiser Permanente

Relevance Date Difficulty

Administrative Specialist Interview

Administrative Specialist
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview Details – I applied on-line - very easy process. After about 7-10 days I received phone call from human resources telling me that they would like me to come in for a group interview. I then received a detailed e-mail with instructions and directions for group interview, including the expected attire. This was my first group interview - it was strange at first but I soon felt comfortable. Everyone I dealt with from the security to the human resources personnel to the managers were extremely nice and very proffessional. They made you feel at ease, we were in a large meeting room, there were three Kaiser staff members and about ten interviewees. They set us into groups to get to know each other so we could introduce each other, then they gave us questions regarding previous work experience, stressful situations and the like.

Interview Question – Questions are all very well written, directly relate to position. Nothing all that difficult nor unexpected   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Administrative
Pasadena, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in March 2014.

Interview Details – For this position, interviews varied in the way they were conducted. People had webcam, phone call, individual, and/or group interviews. I was interviewed in a group by a panel of 4 individuals.

Interview Question – Give a situation where you had to utilize your communication skills to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Graduate Business Interview

Graduate Business
Pasadena, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in March 2013.

Interview Details – First I applied online because I saw that Kaiser recruiting was going to be on campus. I told the recruiter the job number and got some questions about my interest. After a few days I got an email from another recruiter and in it was a pre-screen questionnaire document. After completing the document and sending it back I received a call from the same recruiter to set up an in-person interview with the hiring manager. Interview went well and I got the offer.

Negotiation Details – no negotiation, they said the starting pay was standard for graduate students.

Administrative Specialist IV Interview

Administrative Specialist IV
Pasadena, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in June 2014.

Interview Details – Interviewed at the Regional Office in Pasadena. It was a group interview comprised of seven candidates. The interview panel consisted of an HR Manager, two department hiring managers, and an HR student intern. We were told to spend five minutes gathering info about the person to our right, and vice verse. At the end of the time, we had to introduce the candidate to the panel. After all the introductions, a round basket was placed on the table containing strips of paper. Each strip was a numbered interview question. We were told to pick a question, read it aloud, and answer to the best of our ability. The basket was passed around the table twice. The Hr Manager would further expand on the question with certain individuals. Then she would say great answer or good and smile. It feel like she was steering the panel toward certain candidates that she personally liked better or knew (three candidates were internal). The two department managers just feverishly took notes, checked boxes, and scored. At the end of the session, one candidate asked about the next steps. We were told we were the first group of the day, and a few more were scheduled. Another candidate asked about the length of the process, from interview til start date. We were told the process could be as short as one month or as long as two. Three separate positions were being filled from this pool of applicants. The HR manager seemed annoyed by the questions. She thanked and dismissed us.

Interview Question – All of the questions can be found online. Easy to prep ahead of time. Though the numbers went up to 50, many questions were the same reworded scenarios.   Answer Question

Ward Clerk Transcriber Interview

Ward Clerk Transcriber
Irvine, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in April 2010.

Interview Details – the interview process was long. They only hire top and very best of the best. They make sure you are the right person for Kaiser and the position. It was a long process but it was worth it. We have some great people there.

Interview Question – where do you want to be in 5 years   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They told me what they were offering and I said yes. Very excited to be hired.

LVN Interview

LVN
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied over a year ago and got a random call I was told to take an assessment test in which I did exceptionally well. Then I was scheduled for 2 interviews did really good on both got a call with an offer and now im just waiting on grtting drug tested and background.

Interview Question – What makes you the right person for this position. What makes you better than anyone else.   Answer Question

Community Benefits Administrative Intern Interview

Community Benefits Administrative Intern
Pasadena, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in February 2014.

Interview Details – Completed a prescreening questionnaire and was invited to a group interview. The group interview had about 9-12 people in a panel interview setting. They asked many behavioral questions related to past work experience. I was invited to an individual panel interview afterward with the regional manager of the department and two current employees who gave information about the job, company, their line of work and asked further behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about a creative idea you had to implement. What did you do and how was the outcome?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Admitting Clerk Interview

Admitting Clerk
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied. Received a call from HR recruiter to come in for typing test after that did a phone interview with the recruiter. Did not hear back for months until the department manager emailed me asking if i was still interested in the.

Interview Question – very simple customer service questions   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Canoga Park, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in January 2014.

Interview Details – It was only a one on one interview with the manager of the group. The interview lasted maybe a few minutes, I was allowed to come back in the following week to be briefed on compliance and privacy.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in January 2010.

Interview Details – Was refereed by a former colleague who worked there. He helped me tweak my resume to point out the need of this employer. I can 't emphasize how important it is to modify your resume each time to point out what it is that you can provide them based on their needs and not forward a boiler plate. .He forwarded the resume to his boss. I received a call for an interview. Once I interviewed them, I submit my resume on line officially to HR.. I forwarded a thank you email after the interview which the supervisor graciously responded and said they are still in the process of making a decision. A few weeks later I received a call from HR. The HR person was not very polite. She was so rude and pushy to the point that I considered declining the offer. But my colleague reminded me that I will never see or work with that person because she is in the headquarter. And that was true. 7 years later and I am still at thee company and have never seen that person.

Interview Question – Provide an example of a project or task where you saved money for the client. provide an example and what was your role in the decision.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offered me a salary. I counter offered the salary plus asked a signing bonus. Both of which was accepted. However, my salary counter offer was really not that much. It was only 2-3K more per year.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kaiser Permanente

Worked for Kaiser Permanente? Contribute to the Community!