Kaiser Permanente

www.kaiserpermanente.org
  www.kaiserpermanente.org

Kaiser Permanente Medical Transcription and Laboratory Technician III Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

4.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Medical Transcription and Laboratory Technician III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente in November 2010.

Three separate interviews. One with supervisor alone, one with supervisor and one lead worker from your possible work team and another one with full staff of your possible work team.

Interview Questions
  • Give me one example from your past employment history where unusual events created interpersonal conflict and/or impaired customer service (i.e. patient and/or physician), including how you solved these multiple problems, and what was the final outcome.   View Answers (3)
  • When you receive a valve of blood in the laboratory, what is the first thing you think of?   View Answer
  • Who is your customer in this particular position, provided you are accepted for the job?   View Answer
  • You arrive to work at the start of your shift and notice work area has bodily fluids and small amounts of blood splatter; what do you do first?   View Answer
  • Patient bodily fluid/blood specimen is received without legible identification; what do you do next?   View Answer
Presented my past experience as evidence for higher pay on their fixed scale. Brought my academic records to interview and presented to hiring manager as evidence for even higher compensation. This was a successful strategy for me with this particular healthcare company.