Kaiser Permanente

2.9

70 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Presentation Designer (Specialist) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

For the most part, the interviewing process was good. Kaiser is a very large organization, and some of that bureaucracy shows up in the interviewing process. I imagine it would be great company to work for though. Phone interview was great. In person interview was fine for the most part. Follow up skills test was fine as well. However, the follow-up communications regarding next steps after that could have been better.

Interview Questions
    • To paraphrase: "Tell me about a time when things did not work with a job/project as you had planned."   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

1-hour phone interview and then an invitation to an all-day interview in-person. 1) I met with the Director, 2) had several individual interviews with research scientists, 3) was taken out to lunch; 4) gave a 1-hour research presentation; 5) followed by more individual interviews with research scientists.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was so long along that I can't recall the exact questions that were asked...only the context. I was asked technical questions about my research during my presentation. I was challenged on my methodology such as study design (recruitmemnt, data collection) and implications of findings. The grilling was similar to what you would expect from a journal reviewer.   Answer Question

Associate Provider Contract Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente in May 2014.

Extensive interview process. Applied in March of 2014 and was offered the job in May - started in June. Simply filled out application online at kaiser career website. I attached a resume and cover letter that was specialized to the job posting. Received an email about a week later at about 6pm on a Sunday, and as I was reading it the HR lady called to let me know she had just emailed me (they wanted a response by the next day). She asked me to fill out a two page questionnaire. Pretty standard - lots of behavioral questions (i.e. Tell us about a time when you had to compromise or work with a difficult employee) and why do you want to work for Kaiser, as well as salary expectations and assurance that commuting would not be an issue. I sent it in that night, and on Tuesday a manager from Kaiser called to request a phone interview. A week later I did an hour long phone interview with the two managers. It was a great interview - they clearly had read my stuff and were contacting me because they thought my experience fit very well. The interview was a nice conversation.
    The next day, the manager called back and scheduled my on-site interview with the same two managers as well as the executive director. This took place about a week later. Fairly laid back; good conversation. Discussed what I was looking for in a job and how my experience fit the current job description. Was a nice conversation with occasional requests for examples of when I'd dealt with certain issues.
    The next day the manager emailed to schedule a meeting with just me and the vice president. He was on vacation so it was scheduled for nearly 3 weeks out. I went in and he was a lot more difficult - not as open or friendly. He seemed to be frustrated with work and employees, but had lots of work to do. He did most of the talking. I tried to chirp in to explain how I could rectify the issues he complained about, but it was difficult.
    I sent thank you cards to all involved in in-person interviews. A week later when I hadn't heard anything I emailed the manager to request a status, and she said that HR would be contacting me soon to inform me of their decision. This was on a Friday. The next Thursday HR called to offer the job. On the phone they told me pay and basic employment package to make sure I would accept, and they offered more than I requested so I accepted, and then they informed me of next steps. Their hiring process is pretty difficult. I had to do a drug test within 48 hours and then submit an application for a background check - which is thoroughly checked out. They called everyone - including the job I worked for for 3 weeks in college. Then they asked for 5 year old W9 tax forms. They are definitely not messing around with background check so make sure all of your stuff is in order and correct - Kaiser HR was quick to inform me that if anything could not be verified the job offer would be rescinded.
    Thankfully after a week the background check went through and I started getting my next steps packet for first day orientation and all that! As I said, extensive process but never terribly difficult - it all felt pretty natural and well set up. Lots of behavioral questions and seeing how your experience applies to specific job.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with difficult or stressful situations and/or coworkers?   View Answer
    HR called and told me the offer and asked if it was something I would accept. They offered more than I requested so I accepted without negotiating.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente in February 2014.

Received a one on one interview a month after I applied. Started working about a month after I was interviewed. HR worked extremely slow and made the hiring process longer than needed.

Interview Questions
    • Every question seemed to be the typical interview question: why do you want to work with the company, tell me about yourself, tell me a time when…   Answer Question
    No negotiating. Accepted what I was offered.

Strategic Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Good process and thoughtful thinking goes into each position

Interview Questions
    No negotiation... they met my expectations

Director - Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview process was quick in 2-3 days. I had 3 rounds and an other informal round. The first two were Telephonic, then 1 with the actual team and 1 with a Senior Consultant. It was quick but I can't say was very well organized.

Interview Questions
    • There were no odd questions, it was along my experience and what my expectations are from the role. I had done some earlier analysis on the popularity of the platform among the Physicians at KP. I felt quite soon there was a culture mismatch. This group seemed very close-minded.   View Answer

Human Resources Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente in November 2013.

The recruitment process at Kaiser is HORRIBLE! The recruiters are of two "types": arrogant, unpleasant, aggressive, smug, rude, and self-important OR totally not "accountable" ignorong requests for updates. They are quite arrogant.

Senior Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

1. Submitted an online application 2. Filled out questionnaire received in the mail 3. Phone screening interview with the recruiter 4. In-person interview with team members (not hiring manager) 5. 1-2 weeks after, recruiter said that team members have chosen another candidate to interview with the hiring manager

Interview Questions
    • Presentation skills, Excel skills, reports, etc. What kind of manager would you like to work with?   Answer Question

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente in August 2013.

The interview process is not as bad as one might expect. On top of the usual behavioral interview and meeting various people in upper management, there is a case study interview which was new for me. This was a great way to get a taste of what types of issues you'd be consulting on if hired. You are presented a previous project they have worked on where they outline an issue and various data/background. You are also given a set of questions to help guide you to create a presentation you give after the alloted time to look over the case is over. The next part is simply showcasing your thought process working through the case. For me it felt more like a conversation than an actual formal presentation. It was actually a fun process and if the idea of going through a case study freaks you out... maybe consulting isn't for you.

Interview Questions

Felt like the position wasn't exactly what I wanted and I accepted a different offer in another department where I felt I was a better fit.

Principal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Very slow and drawn out. Not very transparent with infmration about job clsasses or salaries. The Coordination between staffing and human resources was difficult to witness.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us of a time when you were faced with a challenge and you failed.   Answer Question
    Kaiser Does not negotiate, take their offer or leave it.