Kaiser Permanente Interview Questions in Oakland, CA

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.9

Claims Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Panel Interview and questions about past experiences. How to prioritize and manage work. Are you a team player, How to handle difficult customers, How do you work to resolve conflict within the department, Where do you see yourself in 5 years.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fairly standard, it involved both phone screens and 1:1 interviews. The process was 1) Recruiter screening conversation and 2) Live interviews, an hour with each member of the 3 person team (all separate).

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA).

Interview

Contacted by dept manager for initial phone interview and brought in for face to face meeting the following week. Interviewed with 2 team members, the manager and director. They had a set of questions to ask from and went down the list. Involved scenario questions, strength/weakness questions, and a few technical questions.

GraduateProject Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Formal interview, typical behavioral questions asked. First asked what personal things I like to do. Described my background in growing up in another country. Asked questions at the end about the position itself as a graduate intern.

Interview Questions

• If you had to lead a project and had some resistance from your team, how would you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • Describe your strengths. How do you think it will add to a position here at Kaiser?   Answer Question
    • How would your manager describe you?   Answer Question
    • Describe your weaknesses and what did you do to make any improvements?   1 Answer

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

First, they will email you a short questionnaire that will need to be completed within a week. That is followed up with a one on one interview and then a panel interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize projects when working within a team?   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Application

Interview

I applied for this position through the KP career section (Cardiovascular disease and Reno disease projects). About three weeks later, I got a call from the hiring manager. Phone interview with the hiring manager and followed by on-site panel interview. The hiring manager also asked me to bring a wring sample to the interview.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I had a great experience with my one on one interview with a manager at a recent job fair the new hospital in Oakland had. I felt at ease, no intimidation, comfortable and welcomed. The recruiting staff had all been amazing and answered every question I had during the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• The manager asked me various standard interview questions like: where do you see yourself in 5 years, tell me why you want to work for Kaiser, why do you enjoy being a nurse, tell me a time when you almost made a mistake and what did you do to prevent it, have you ever had conflict with a doctor and how did you resolve it? She also asked me to simple clinical questions, nothing too hard.   Answer Question

Principal Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Interview process was very thorough and I had the opportunity to speak and meet with about a dozen people on the team or whom I would interact with. I got a chance to understand the company culture. I had adequate opportunity to demonstrate my skills and show how I would be a good fit for the team as well as understand how KP could be a good fit for me and my family. Travel during the interview process could have been better coordinated and getting reimbursed for travel expenses was also difficult and took longer than it should. But, it was all resolved in the end. Overall, the interview process was a positive experience and I would recommend it to anyone.

Interview Questions

• Explain and draw on a whiteboard how you would secure this type of web application.   Answer Question

Presentation Designer (Specialist) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA).

Interview

For the most part, the interviewing process was good. Kaiser is a very large organization, and some of that bureaucracy shows up in the interviewing process. I imagine it would be great company to work for though. Phone interview was great. In person interview was fine for the most part. Follow up skills test was fine as well. However, the follow-up communications regarding next steps after that could have been better.

Interview Questions

• To paraphrase: "Tell me about a time when things did not work with a job/project as you had planned."   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA).

Interview

1-hour phone interview and then an invitation to an all-day interview in-person. 1) I met with the Director, 2) had several individual interviews with research scientists, 3) was taken out to lunch; 4) gave a 1-hour research presentation; 5) followed by more individual interviews with research scientists.

Interview Questions

• The interview was so long along that I can't recall the exact questions that were asked...only the context. I was asked technical questions about my research during my presentation. I was challenged on my methodology such as study design (recruitmemnt, data collection) and implications of findings. The grilling was similar to what you would expect from a journal reviewer.   Answer Question