Kaiser Permanente

2.9

70 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente in July 2013.

Contacted on linked in, responded, was called within a few days. Phone interview with the recruiter and the hiring director. Panel interview with peer senior managers.

Interview Questions
    • None - it was all about my experience. Some questions on how to handle conflict between business needs and IT restrictions.   Answer Question
    I actually declined the offer and was called back and given a higher offer, which I accepted.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente in June 2013.

Lengthy interview process, talked to various people in the organization through phone interviews before being invited to an in-person interview. No coordination by HR on the various open positions. But people are very nice and passionate about their job.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente in June 2013.

Interview Process consisted of an initial submission and rough quaification overview with the recruiter. Then a 15 minute phone interview with the hiring manager where we discussed the project I would be working on. Finally an in person interview with the one hiring manager that lasted about 30 minutes, again discussing the project, more so than my qualifications.

Interview Questions
    • Does this seem like a project you would want to work on?   View Answer
    • Describe some Project Management tools you use/ processes you use   View Answer
    I didnt care to negotiate at the time because I wanted a job, although I would recomend at least trying to get the recruiter to get you more. I wish i did

Communications Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Contacted by a Kaiser recruiter for a position within IT. Had two rounds of interviews. The teams didn't seem to know exactly what they needed, and had no clear communications strategy for their project. I had two interviews with two levels of recruiters then was brought in for two rounds of interviews. The first one was with team members. The second was with other team members and the leader of the group .

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a group that has low morale and has undergone a lot of change?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente in April 2013.

The recruiter contacted me 3 weeks after I applied for this position. Right of the bat, she asked my desired salary range and why I want to work for KP. The hiring managers requested a phone interview 4 weeks later and then 2 face to face interviews.

Interview Questions
    • What is the one thing you absolutely cannot stand?   Answer Question
    • Lots of questions regarding meeting deadlines and how you handle multiple deadlines. Be prepared to be asked multiple times by different individuals. The panel are all very friendly and approachable. Be honest and sincere with your answers though.   Answer Question

Manager of Coding & Compliance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente in March 2013.

Great interview, very thorough and detailed. Asked questions about coding and what are the most common codes found. Focus on specialty of billinh

Better Offer At The Time

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in February 2013.

Kaiser uses behavioral interview questions, to find out the applicants service attributes. They believe that past behaviors determines future success.

Interview Questions
    • What is something you did wrong and how did it impact your job and what would you do differently in the future?   Answer Question

Found a better paying job.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente in February 2013.

The interviewer said, "I know I'm not supposed to ask, but...'ARE YOU MARRIED AND DO YOU HAVE CHILDREN?" Egad, EEO law has been clear for many years on the inappropriateness of these questions. I was extremely surprised and disappointed that the largest healthcare company in the US would so blatantly violate employment law. What else are they doing that's not right?

Interview Questions
    • See above forsurprising illegal questions.   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

From hitting send on the application to starting my first day it took over 2.5 months, so be patient and don't get discouraged. Everyone I talked to was very nice. I had 3 interviews total (2 on the phone and 1 in person). First one was with a HR rep and next two with the hiring manager. Overall everyone really put me at ease so I could do my best in the interviews.

Interview Questions
    • The very first phone interview happened unscheduled. I got a call 2 weeks after the HR representative let me know they wanted to interview me. So as soon as they tell you they want to interview you, start preparing for that first call (it may be impromptu).   View Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

I was approached by a Vice President because my work was known to that individual. I was asked to apply for the position. I had a two-and-a-half hour interview with a group of people, including my potential boss and potential subordinates (this last part was new to me). The interview was very pleasant and relaxed. People were working from prepared questions, but I certainly had the ability to provide additional, clarifying information, as needed. There were a LOT of questions.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell us why we need YOU specifically to do this job. What can you bring to it that absolutely puts you at the top of the list."   Answer Question
    Minimal negotiation.