Kaiser Permanente

Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Oakland, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in November 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview questions were straight forward and relative to job posting.

Interview Question – In relation to your job, please describe a weakness that you may have.   Answer Question

Director - Product Management Interview

Director - Product Management
Oakland, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview Details – Interview process was quick in 2-3 days. I had 3 rounds and an other informal round. The first two were Telephonic, then 1 with the actual team and 1 with a Senior Consultant. It was quick but I can't say was very well organized.

Interview Question – There were no odd questions, it was along my experience and what my expectations are from the role. I had done some earlier analysis on the popularity of the platform among the Physicians at KP. I felt quite soon there was a culture mismatch. This group seemed very close-minded.   View Answer

Business Consultant Interview

Business Consultant
Oakland, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in August 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process is not as bad as one might expect. On top of the usual behavioral interview and meeting various people in upper management, there is a case study interview which was new for me. This was a great way to get a taste of what types of issues you'd be consulting on if hired. You are presented a previous project they have worked on where they outline an issue and various data/background. You are also given a set of questions to help guide you to create a presentation you give after the alloted time to look over the case is over. The next part is simply showcasing your thought process working through the case. For me it felt more like a conversation than an actual formal presentation. It was actually a fun process and if the idea of going through a case study freaks you out... maybe consulting isn't for you.

Interview Question – What is your brand?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Felt like the position wasn't exactly what I wanted and I accepted a different offer in another department where I felt I was a better fit.

Manager Interview

Manager
Oakland, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in June 2012.

Interview Details – Three step process: Phone first, then two in person interviews. Once the offer is extended (which can take a while) the process from offer to hire is about two weeks of background, drug testing, and paperwork. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Question – There really wasn't a non-standard question asked. These are pretty tame and typical HR driven interviews   View Answer

Human Resources Consultant Interview

Human Resources Consultant
Oakland, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in November 2013.

Interview Details – The recruitment process at Kaiser is HORRIBLE! The recruiters are of two "types": arrogant, unpleasant, aggressive, smug, rude, and self-important OR totally not "accountable" ignorong requests for updates. They are quite arrogant.

Interview Question – Did you do your homework!   View Answer

Senior Business Consultant Interview

Senior Business Consultant
Oakland, CA

I applied online and interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview Details – 1. Submitted an online application 2. Filled out questionnaire received in the mail 3. Phone screening interview with the recruiter 4. In-person interview with team members (not hiring manager) 5. 1-2 weeks after, recruiter said that team members have chosen another candidate to interview with the hiring manager

Interview Question – Presentation skills, Excel skills, reports, etc. What kind of manager would you like to work with?   Answer Question

Human Resources Technology Manager Interview

Human Resources Technology Manager
Oakland, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in November 2009.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with the recruiter, followed by three in person interviews (two scheduled for the same day). I interviewed with a peer, a subordinate (weird!), my future boss and his boss. Questions were pretty basic, no surprises. They were eager to fill the position and shared a lot about the organization.

Interview Question – Nothing tough as far as I can remember.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted the offer because it was well above my salary requirements, plus the benefit package at KP is outstanding. I later realized that there was room for negotiation.

Very Easy Interview

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Oakland, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in October 2012.

Interview Details – The entire process took over a month because the hiring manager went on vacation for a month. But after she came back, everything went fast and smoothly. A phone call, followed by two interview sessions, each with three individuals, and finally a chat with the director of the department.

Interview Question – There was no difficulty nor any unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Unfortunately, the offer was final and I had no room for negotiation.

Senior Web Developer Interview

Senior Web Developer
Oakland, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ months - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in August 2010.

Interview Details – Initially contacted company through ad on Monster. 3 interviews with HR, including extensive written questionnaire for Hiring Manager. 2 telephone interviews with Hiring Manager, and background check. 1 in-person interview with Hiring Manager and team. Entire process took over 4 months.

Interview Question – Hiring Manager wanted to discuss problems with current team communications style.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation occurred behind the scenes. Director of department was able to move some salary money around before start date. Benefit packages are set by contract - you can't ask for more.

Finance Interview

Finance
Oakland, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in June 2013.

Interview Details – Lengthy interview process, talked to various people in the organization through phone interviews before being invited to an in-person interview. No coordination by HR on the various open positions. But people are very nice and passionate about their job.

Interview Question – experience related questions.   Answer Question