Kaiser Permanente Interview Questions in Oakland, CA

Updated Apr 5, 2015
Updated Apr 5, 2015

2.9

Senior Business Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA).

Interview

1. Submitted an online application 2. Filled out questionnaire received in the mail 3. Phone screening interview with the recruiter 4. In-person interview with team members (not hiring manager) 5. 1-2 weeks after, recruiter said that team members have chosen another candidate to interview with the hiring manager

Interview Questions

• Presentation skills, Excel skills, reports, etc. What kind of manager would you like to work with?   Answer Question

Business Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

The interview process is not as bad as one might expect. On top of the usual behavioral interview and meeting various people in upper management, there is a case study interview which was new for me. This was a great way to get a taste of what types of issues you'd be consulting on if hired. You are presented a previous project they have worked on where they outline an issue and various data/background. You are also given a set of questions to help guide you to create a presentation you give after the alloted time to look over the case is over. The next part is simply showcasing your thought process working through the case. For me it felt more like a conversation than an actual formal presentation. It was actually a fun process and if the idea of going through a case study freaks you out... maybe consulting isn't for you.

Interview Questions

Felt like the position wasn't exactly what I wanted and I accepted a different offer in another department where I felt I was a better fit.

Principal Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA).

Interview

Very slow and drawn out. Not very transparent with infmration about job clsasses or salaries. The Coordination between staffing and human resources was difficult to witness.

Interview Questions

• Tell us of a time when you were faced with a challenge and you failed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Kaiser Does not negotiate, take their offer or leave it.

Business Architect Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Contacted on linked in, responded, was called within a few days. Phone interview with the recruiter and the hiring director. Panel interview with peer senior managers.

Interview Questions

• None - it was all about my experience. Some questions on how to handle conflict between business needs and IT restrictions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I actually declined the offer and was called back and given a higher offer, which I accepted.

Finance Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Lengthy interview process, talked to various people in the organization through phone interviews before being invited to an in-person interview. No coordination by HR on the various open positions. But people are very nice and passionate about their job.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Interview Process consisted of an initial submission and rough quaification overview with the recruiter. Then a 15 minute phone interview with the hiring manager where we discussed the project I would be working on. Finally an in person interview with the one hiring manager that lasted about 30 minutes, again discussing the project, more so than my qualifications.

Interview Questions

• Does this seem like a project you would want to work on?   1 Answer
    • Describe some Project Management tools you use/ processes you use   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didnt care to negotiate at the time because I wanted a job, although I would recomend at least trying to get the recruiter to get you more. I wish i did

Communications Consultant Interview

Application

Interview

Contacted by a Kaiser recruiter for a position within IT. Had two rounds of interviews. The teams didn't seem to know exactly what they needed, and had no clear communications strategy for their project. I had two interviews with two levels of recruiters then was brought in for two rounds of interviews. The first one was with team members. The second was with other team members and the leader of the group .

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a group that has low morale and has undergone a lot of change?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

The recruiter contacted me 3 weeks after I applied for this position. Right of the bat, she asked my desired salary range and why I want to work for KP. The hiring managers requested a phone interview 4 weeks later and then 2 face to face interviews.

Interview Questions

• What is the one thing you absolutely cannot stand?   Answer Question
    • Lots of questions regarding meeting deadlines and how you handle multiple deadlines. Be prepared to be asked multiple times by different individuals. The panel are all very friendly and approachable. Be honest and sincere with your answers though.   Answer Question

Manager of Coding & Compliance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Great interview, very thorough and detailed. Asked questions about coding and what are the most common codes found. Focus on specialty of billinh

Better Offer At The Time

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

The interviewer said, "I know I'm not supposed to ask, but...'ARE YOU MARRIED AND DO YOU HAVE CHILDREN?" Egad, EEO law has been clear for many years on the inappropriateness of these questions. I was extremely surprised and disappointed that the largest healthcare company in the US would so blatantly violate employment law. What else are they doing that's not right?

Interview Questions

• See above forsurprising illegal questions.   2 Answers