Kaiser Permanente Pharmacy Technician Interview Questions

Updated May 5, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Sacramento, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Many people interviewing for one job but it was just one on one. Very easy interview was expecting more technical questions like drug names and other pharmacy related questions but was nothing like that. All the questions were just situational questions like how you react to this or that. Really nice people.

Interview Questions

• What was one time you made a mistake and what did you do to fix it   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kaiser Permanente

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Sacramento, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I passed pharmacy technician exam and typing test. Then they did screening questions on the phone. After that they invited me to interview. Interview went well. Now I am waiting my job offering from them. Amen.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      Why do you want to work at Kaiser
      What did you achieve in your past coursework in college?

Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview

Very stressful, when you are already worried or nervous, it would be helpful to feel welcomed. Not a very good start. Hope that things will change so they can value good candidates. Never judge a book by the cover.

Interview Questions

Decided that I'm going to make a difference and learn more skills.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Portland, OR) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online to a few positions with different locations over about 6 months. Not really actively trying. Once I reached 2 years experience in the field, they called within a couple weeks. Interviewed at one location but was turned down (I did a terrible interview so I wasn't surprised) but they passed my name on to other hiring managers (surprising because of the first terrible interview). I set up a second interview with the managers from other locations, more prepared this time. They asked the exact same questions and told me they would call by the following Friday with a yes or no. They called the next day and offered me the job at my preferred location (not the first one I interviewed with, they let me choose). It was very pleasant and professional in all regards.

Interview Questions

• How do I handle unhappy customers? Give specific examples.   Answer Question
    • Have I ever worked with someone who did not pull their own weight? Give specific examples of how I handled the situation.   Answer Question
    • Have I ever not gotten along with a coworker regarding culture, religion, etc.? Specific example of how I handled it?   Answer Question
    • How often am I late? And how often do I call out sick? (I understand this is the most important quality to the company)   Answer Question

Negotiation

The pay rate is set by the union from what I understand, but it is an excellent wage for the amount of education I have.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter by phone and was asked routine questions about my interest in the company and my work history. Set up interview for the next week. The interview was panel style with 3 interviewers asking situation based questions. I finally received the call from the recruiter concerning the job offer about 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you disagreed with your supervisor about how to resolve a problem. What was the outcome. Give specifics.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Aurora, CO) in October 2013.

Interview

I responded to an online ad. A week later I received a phone call to set up an interview. It was with 2 pharmacy managers, was relaxed, with typical questions such as why should we hire you - what makes you different? HR sent an email rejection a week later.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview

I was hired during my externship. Due to an unexpected opening I was told by the manager to go downstairs and fill out an application.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente (McLean, VA) in July 2012.

Interview

My supervisor who interviewed me was very nice, genuine, and can easily take away all the anxiety of an interview. She gave me an opportunity because she looked beyond who I was on paper and saw who I could be as a part of a team. The questions were on a packet of paper and they were chosen at random. I did not have to answer the entire packet. It lasted about an hour and most of it were pertaining to patient interactions and how we would handle certain situations.

Interview Questions

• What was one thing that you did that was above and beyond your job description?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2009.

Interview

First contact was by phone scheduling a phone interview. During phone interview I was inquired about my work history, why I chose Kaiser, how I would benefit the company and such. Slight confusion because it was typical questions from a face to face interview. Scheduled an in person interview after the phone one, the phone interviewer was easy to talk to and nice. The in-person interview started off with me waiting in the waiting room with patients facing the pharmacy watching the out-patient pharmacy. After 20 minutes past scheduled interview time, a pharmacy staff personnel approached me and asked me to follow her inside. Weird. The interview was tense and dry. Almost feeling as if she wanted to find any reason to NOT hire me. Different from what I was accustomed. No friendly, personable interaction at all. I decided then I didn't want to work for the company. They want work horses, not employees.

Interview Questions

• What did you see while waiting in the waiting room?   1 Answer

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente in January 2012.

Interview

After many online applications I got a phone call to do an interview with the pharmacy mananger that lasted 90 minutes. I left feeling that it went well. About a week later I got a call to do a second interview. I went to this interview with 2 pharmacists and 2 techs and got many repeat questions. When I called back the job was given to a Kaiser employee. Not sure why they bothered to interview outside the company.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a policy change that you didn't agree with.   1 Answer