Kaiser Permanente Pharmacy Technician Interview Questions & Reviews

7 interviews

3.5

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Pharmacy Technician Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Contacted by recruiter by phone and was asked routine questions about my interest in the company and my work history. Set up interview for the next week. The interview was panel style with 3 interviewers asking situation based questions. I finally received the call from the recruiter concerning the job offer about 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a situation in which you disagreed with your supervisor about how to resolve a problem. What was the outcome. Give specifics.   Answer Question
No negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for Kaiser Permanente

Anonymous Employee  in  Aurora, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in October 2013.

I responded to an online ad. A week later I received a phone call to set up an interview. It was with 2 pharmacy managers, was relaxed, with typical questions such as why should we hire you - what makes you different? HR sent an email rejection a week later.

Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed online - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in April 2009.

First contact was by phone scheduling a phone interview. During phone interview I was inquired about my work history, why I chose Kaiser, how I would benefit the company and such. Slight confusion because it was typical questions from a face to face interview. Scheduled an in person interview after the phone one, the phone interviewer was easy to talk to and nice. The in-person interview started off with me waiting in the waiting room with patients facing the pharmacy watching the out-patient pharmacy. After 20 minutes past scheduled interview time, a pharmacy staff personnel approached me and asked me to follow her inside. Weird. The interview was tense and dry. Almost feeling as if she wanted to find any reason to NOT hire me. Different from what I was accustomed. No friendly, personable interaction at all. I decided then I didn't want to work for the company. They want work horses, not employees.

Interview Questions
    • What did you see while waiting in the waiting room?   View Answer

Pharmacy Technician Interview

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

I was hired during my externship. Due to an unexpected opening I was told by the manager to go downstairs and fill out an application.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in January 2012.

After many online applications I got a phone call to do an interview with the pharmacy mananger that lasted 90 minutes. I left feeling that it went well. About a week later I got a call to do a second interview. I went to this interview with 2 pharmacists and 2 techs and got many repeat questions. When I called back the job was given to a Kaiser employee. Not sure why they bothered to interview outside the company.

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle a policy change that you didn't agree with.   View Answer

Pharmacy Technician Interview

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in February 2009.

It was very comfortable. I did not feel pressured. The questions were fairly common sense.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in June 2010.

From the start, the interviewer was rude. I was asked, " Is this what you want?" Without being told what was being offered, the only answer I could come up with was, "I believe I am well qualified and willing to negotiate for any full time position you may have".

Only then was I told that there were no full time positions available, only PRN with no benefits, but that in 4-6 months time, there may be positions available at other facilities scheduled to open in the new year and that I would be needed then.

Interview Questions

I am presently considering another opportunity which offers competitive pay, immediate benefits, permanent placement and upward mobility; none of which was offered or guaranteed by the PRN position I declined.

Overall, I think the interviewer could stand to benefit from interview etiquette training. Based on the interview and offer, I feel this company may not have it's employees best interests in mind. Nervous or unstable environments are the main cause for poor patient care/service and poor employee morale.

Worked for Kaiser Permanente? Contribute to the Community!