Kaiser Permanente

Getting the Interview

20 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Rockville, MD

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview Details – Screening interview with HR, then 1:1 interview with hiring manager, then panel interview with the dept. Both intertviews asked behavavioral type questions

Interview Question – Behavior questions were essentionally the same question asked but worded differently   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in February 2011.

Interview Details – My knowledge, personality and hard set skills were thoroughly review both via phone and in person.
I found the people to be extremely bright and to the point.
It seemed they had cohesive teams which gelled very nicely. The words and body language in the room indicated a true team spirit of mutual agreements and shared success together.
The questions showed they authentically understood what they needed and weren't afraid to say 'I don't know' when necessary. Overall, although intimidating, it was great learning experience with incredible people.

Interview Question – I don't remember the exact question but something to the effect of, least favorite thing about last job/boss.   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in January 2010.

Interview Details – Was refereed by a former colleague who worked there. He helped me tweak my resume to point out the need of this employer. I can 't emphasize how important it is to modify your resume each time to point out what it is that you can provide them based on their needs and not forward a boiler plate. .He forwarded the resume to his boss. I received a call for an interview. Once I interviewed them, I submit my resume on line officially to HR.. I forwarded a thank you email after the interview which the supervisor graciously responded and said they are still in the process of making a decision. A few weeks later I received a call from HR. The HR person was not very polite. She was so rude and pushy to the point that I considered declining the offer. But my colleague reminded me that I will never see or work with that person because she is in the headquarter. And that was true. 7 years later and I am still at thee company and have never seen that person.

Interview Question – Provide an example of a project or task where you saved money for the client. provide an example and what was your role in the decision.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offered me a salary. I counter offered the salary plus asked a signing bonus. Both of which was accepted. However, my salary counter offer was really not that much. It was only 2-3K more per year.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Project Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview Details – Kaiser is a large and (interview wise) slow moving company - I had 5 separate stages to my interview which ultimately ended with an offer extended about 3 months after the process began. So, if for financial reasons you need a job immediately, this may not be the place for you.

The interviews were 2 phone, 3 in-person, the last of which was an informal lunch. The questions were fairly standard about past experience, how have you dealt with challenges, give examples of past experience and what you learned etc.

There was also a fairly standard business writing test administered during one of the onsite meetings - It took about 30Min.

Interview Question – I was changing job focus from one focus to Project Management - Explaining why I was interested in project management and how it would be a fit long term was difficult. Especially because it is a wide open question that forces you to be descriptive yet to the point.   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in June 2011.

Interview Details – I received a call from the office manager for the initial interview. The office manager set up a meeting with the hiring supervisor.

Interview Question – Give me an example of when you were expected to act in accordance with a policy that you did not agree with. What did you do?   Answer Question

Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview Details – I was interviewed for one position with the supervisor and director. I then was called back in for another position with the supervisor, director, and 2 co-workers. They all had questions for me, related to the current position and my past positions. Very friendly and informed.

Interview Question – Please discuss any negative experience with a past co-worker and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was able to negotiate an additional $3000.

Oakland, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in June 2008.

Interview Details – Had to go for several interviews with a variety of different people. Overall the people seemed to be nice. Questions were fairly straight forward and not that difficult. Overall perception was good . Nice people.

Interview Question – They seemed to ask a lot of behavioral based questions.....so be prepared to answer questions about your past job experience where you've exhibited the quality you are talking about. Need to be prepared to answer most any question like this.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The don't negotiate. It's pretty much take it or leave it.

Very Easy Interview

Pasadena, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in March 2008.

Interview Details – Submit to the hiring manager if possible. You will be contacted by a recruited and may have a phone interview. You will meet with at least two people or panels for a series of inerviews on the same day to assess skills and fit with the group.

Interview Question – No suprises, just the basics. Whatch for behavioral questions   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – uneventful, they offered and i took it

Burbank, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in February 2012.

Interview Details – Before the initial interview, I was given a pre-screen questionnaire to fill out. After sending that back to the recruiter, I got a call for an in-person interview.

Overall the interviewers were very professional and cordial. Interview questions included a little background about what I currently do (to see how well of a fit i would be in the open position) -- work experience and projects. Group/panel interview questions were more behavioral type questions : "what would you do in this situation..." / "how would you feel if this happened.." "what can kind of contribution can you bring with you if you were hired..."

The wait in between interviews were long --- at least 2 weeks in between interviews.
Hiring manager was apologetic about the slow process. In the end upper management decided not to hire externally and I got an email from the hiring manager explaining to me what had happened. Could have gotten the job, unfortunately they decided not to hire at this time. The hiring manager was nice enough to write the letter himself and volunteered to keep my resume in case any jobs opened up.

Interview Question – Why are you a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Burbank, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in August 2011.

Interview Details – Manager interviewed me both on phone and in person. Focus was on my ability to understand and meet their ongoing needs. The atmosphere was corporate casual and the people seemed pleasant and welcoming. I would have loved to have worked there, as the hiring manager was very sharp and on his game.

Interview Questions

• How does your work experience qualify you for this position   View Answer
  • What do you see as upcoming issues for this company?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kaiser Permanente

Worked for Kaiser Permanente? Contribute to the Community!

Kaiser Permanente Videos

Kaiser Permanente – Why Work for Us?

At Kaiser Permanente, we stand for health. Yours. Ours. Everyone’s. That means we advocate the well-being of people and their parts—like hips and hearts, for instance. And to better serve those parts, we study them. In… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kaiser Permanente Project Manager interview questions and advice. All 20 interview reviews posted anonymously by Kaiser Permanente employees and interview candidates.