Kaiser Permanente

Kaiser Permanente Project Manager Interview Questions

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Screening interview with HR, then 1:1 interview with hiring manager, then panel interview with the dept. Both intertviews asked behavavioral type questions

Interview Questions
  • Behavior questions were essentionally the same question asked but worded differently   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kaiser Permanente

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Kaiser is a large and (interview wise) slow moving company - I had 5 separate stages to my interview which ultimately ended with an offer extended about 3 months after the process began. So, if for financial reasons you need a job immediately, this may not be the place for you.

The interviews were 2 phone, 3 in-person, the last of which was an informal lunch. The questions were fairly standard about past experience, how have you dealt with challenges, give examples of past experience and what you learned etc.

There was also a fairly standard business writing test administered during one of the onsite meetings - It took about 30Min.

Interview Questions
    • I was changing job focus from one focus to Project Management - Explaining why I was interested in project management and how it would be a fit long term was difficult. Especially because it is a wide open question that forces you to be descriptive yet to the point.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

I was interviewed for one position with the supervisor and director. I then was called back in for another position with the supervisor, director, and 2 co-workers. They all had questions for me, related to the current position and my past positions. Very friendly and informed.

Interview Questions
    • Please discuss any negative experience with a past co-worker and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    Was able to negotiate an additional $3000.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente in February 2012.

Before the initial interview, I was given a pre-screen questionnaire to fill out. After sending that back to the recruiter, I got a call for an in-person interview.

Overall the interviewers were very professional and cordial. Interview questions included a little background about what I currently do (to see how well of a fit i would be in the open position) -- work experience and projects. Group/panel interview questions were more behavioral type questions : "what would you do in this situation..." / "how would you feel if this happened.." "what can kind of contribution can you bring with you if you were hired..."

The wait in between interviews were long --- at least 2 weeks in between interviews.
    Hiring manager was apologetic about the slow process. In the end upper management decided not to hire externally and I got an email from the hiring manager explaining to me what had happened. Could have gotten the job, unfortunately they decided not to hire at this time. The hiring manager was nice enough to write the letter himself and volunteered to keep my resume in case any jobs opened up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente in August 2011.

Manager interviewed me both on phone and in person. Focus was on my ability to understand and meet their ongoing needs. The atmosphere was corporate casual and the people seemed pleasant and welcoming. I would have loved to have worked there, as the hiring manager was very sharp and on his game.

Interview Questions
    • How does your work experience qualify you for this position   View Answer
    • What do you see as upcoming issues for this company?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente in June 2011.

I received a call from the office manager for the initial interview. The office manager set up a meeting with the hiring supervisor.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of when you were expected to act in accordance with a policy that you did not agree with. What did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente in February 2011.

I was called by the hiring manager's administrative assistant for an interview a week in advance. The interviewers consisted of four people, including a physician and an IT person. There was only this one interview, which lasted about one hour. The interviewers were all very friendly and fairly laid back. The questions they asked were very fair and typical for the position.

Interview Questions
    • How would you go about making yourself known to the other staff at this medical center?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente in February 2011.

My knowledge, personality and hard set skills were thoroughly review both via phone and in person.
    I found the people to be extremely bright and to the point.
    It seemed they had cohesive teams which gelled very nicely. The words and body language in the room indicated a true team spirit of mutual agreements and shared success together.
    The questions showed they authentically understood what they needed and weren't afraid to say 'I don't know' when necessary. Overall, although intimidating, it was great learning experience with incredible people.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember the exact question but something to the effect of, least favorite thing about last job/boss.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente in February 2010.

You don't hear form weeks after you apply. Phone interviews can be with HR or hiring manager.
    Be prepared for the slow culture, the pecking order, and everything is done by committee and not getting anything done.

Interview Questions
    • What does the department do and how would you contribute to it.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente in February 2010.

Initial phone interview followed by two panel interviews with 2 people each. One would be direct manager, others were directors/practice leader of department.

Interview Questions
    • What would you say/do if the group you worked with ask you for xyz product? or Wanted to do xyz?   View Answer
    They made an offer, I countered, and they revised the offer. I accepted.