Kaiser Permanente Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Feb 3, 2015
Updated Feb 3, 2015

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

Initial phone interview followed by two panel interviews with 2 people each. One would be direct manager, others were directors/practice leader of department.

Interview Questions

• What would you say/do if the group you worked with ask you for xyz product? or Wanted to do xyz?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They made an offer, I countered, and they revised the offer. I accepted.

Other Interview Reviews for Kaiser Permanente

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

Was refereed by a former colleague who worked there. He helped me tweak my resume to point out the need of this employer. I can 't emphasize how important it is to modify your resume each time to point out what it is that you can provide them based on their needs and not forward a boiler plate. .He forwarded the resume to his boss. I received a call for an interview. Once I interviewed them, I submit my resume on line officially to HR.. I forwarded a thank you email after the interview which the supervisor graciously responded and said they are still in the process of making a decision. A few weeks later I received a call from HR. The HR person was not very polite. She was so rude and pushy to the point that I considered declining the offer. But my colleague reminded me that I will never see or work with that person because she is in the headquarter. And that was true. 7 years later and I am still at thee company and have never seen that person.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of a project or task where you saved money for the client. provide an example and what was your role in the decision.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered me a salary. I counter offered the salary plus asked a signing bonus. Both of which was accepted. However, my salary counter offer was really not that much. It was only 2-3K more per year.

Project Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA) in March 2009.

Interview

I already knew the hiring manager from another Project Manager position at another company where we had worked together. I had a simple phone interview with her intially, then an in-person 1 on 1 interview with her, then a group interview with the three project managers who worked for her. The company culture seemed casual, friendly and inclusive and the project managers seemed to have a good deal of autonomy in their structure.

Interview Questions

• Describe the most difficult project situation you every encountered and how you handled it   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA) in January 2009.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter and put in touch with hiring manager

Interview Questions

• Question on Peoplesoft and Benefits Application experience   1 Answer

Negotiation

The recruiter initially quoted a per hour rate then lowered the rate once the job was offered.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA) in June 2008.

Interview

Had to go for several interviews with a variety of different people. Overall the people seemed to be nice. Questions were fairly straight forward and not that difficult. Overall perception was good . Nice people.

Interview Questions

• They seemed to ask a lot of behavioral based questions.....so be prepared to answer questions about your past job experience where you've exhibited the quality you are talking about. Need to be prepared to answer most any question like this.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The don't negotiate. It's pretty much take it or leave it.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Pasadena, CA) in March 2008.

Interview

Submit to the hiring manager if possible. You will be contacted by a recruited and may have a phone interview. You will meet with at least two people or panels for a series of inerviews on the same day to assess skills and fit with the group.

Interview Questions

• No suprises, just the basics. Whatch for behavioral questions   2 Answers

Negotiation

uneventful, they offered and i took it

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA) in January 2007.

Interview

Recruited through a staffing agency. First stage of inteview process was a panel phone interview with 4 people and me (the employee I'd be replacing, an employee who shared the position, and their two managers). After passing this phone screen, I was called in for an in-person interview with the same group (2 in person, 2 on phone). One week later I received an offer to take the position as a contractor. I contracted full time for almost 1 year then "interviewed" for the permanent full time position. I met with my coworkers for this interview which was rather informal since I'd already been working with them all for almost 1 year.

The interviews were standard. A lot of behavioral type questions about how I would handle certain situations. A lot of involvement from the interviewers telling me more about the position so I could hypothetically respond to how I would react.

There is no one work culture at KP; it differs from department to department, so no overall advice. In general though, I do think they they like to practice what they preach in re the Thrive branding messaging. They do like to see that future employees have a good work/life balance and are passionate about good health and the mission of KP.

Interview Questions

• What do you like doing in your free time?   Answer Question
    • When you've worked hard on something, are you then able to let it go -- or do you keep coming back to it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is a salary range that is quoted. There is room for negotiation within the range, but probably little wiggle room outside of it.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente in May 2012.

Interview

Muti-layered, repetitive process. Phone interview w/ hiring manager approx. 3 weeks after application. Then, 3 question test. Then, panel interview with 9-11 people. Each layer involved answering very similar questions. Would have had 1-2 more interviews if had not withdrawn from process.

Interview Questions

• We think you are over-qualfied, why should we hire you...   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente in September 2011.

Interview

Kaiser Permanente will likely set up a preliminary "screening" phone interview. The Kaiser Permanente Human Resources recruiter called exactly on schedule at appointed time. About 6 questions, took about 20 minutes. Some questions were specific to the position for which I applied. Some questions were more general. I was a little surprised that it was strictly question and answer, with no I see's in between and no follow-up questions or, can you elaborates. I had no idea how I did because the interviewer gave no indicatave feedback.

Interview Questions

• I should have definitely been prepared for this one, but for some reason, "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" was unexpected.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente in July 2011.

Interview

Applied on-line, received initial screening via phone. Went on for a panel interview. Most on the panel seemed to have a chip on their shoulder asking questions in a manner that were difficult to understand e.g. how would you prioritize an IT disaster and the need for a janitor in an Operating room. I said I would focus on critical services e.g. network services. Panel member shouted at me that I just killed the patient because the operating room needed to be cleaned. What the heck kind of question was that?

I showed up in a suit and some panel members were dressed sloppy, office area was dirty and no one seemed to understand where the interview was to take place. Panel was 15 minutes late, asked me to come into the room then asked me to leave.

I might not have been their number one choice for the position, but I would think twice about how they interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you prioritize the BCPs?   3 Answers