Kaiser Permanente

3.3

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union City, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union City, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interviewed by a panel of physicians and managers. Questions on how I would deal with unruly patients, how I would handle some one who fell. Must apply online first . I was able yo transfer from another department which helped.

Interview Questions
Salary based on experience.

Other Interview Reviews for Kaiser Permanente

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente in February 2013.

The interviewer said, "I know I'm not supposed to ask, but...'ARE YOU MARRIED AND DO YOU HAVE CHILDREN?" Egad, EEO law has been clear for many years on the inappropriateness of these questions. I was extremely surprised and disappointed that the largest healthcare company in the US would so blatantly violate employment law. What else are they doing that's not right?

Interview Questions
    • See above forsurprising illegal questions.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Website for job application is a nightmare. that is the only way to get a foot in the door. Networking does not seem to help. HR generally is slow to respond.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me what you would do if you heard a rumor about someone and then you had to work with them. Would you assume it to be true or get to know the person first.   View Answers (3)
    used a headhunter and there was not much negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente in May 2011.

Submitted resume, was contacted by Human Resources within a few days. Had an initial phone interview with the HR representative, who was very polite and professional. Resume forwarded to appropriate department, and was contacted several days later for phone interview with department manager. After phone interview with that manager, was scheduled to meet face-to-face with another department manager about a week later. A little over a week after that, I was scheduled for panel interview. Then back to face-to-face with first manager. Was told that they needed to staff up quickly, and I would be notified of a decision within the next few days. I waited a week and one half, and after not hearing from anyone, I contacted the first manager. She told me that my qualifications didn't quite match what they were looking for, but my application would be on file. I scheduled my entire afternoon on no fewer than three occasions to interview face to face (plus a fourth afternoon, as one interview got cancelled at the last minute.), and then did not even receive a "thank you" for my time, or an "I'm sorry, but here's a lovely parting gift". Nor did anyone contact me when it was clear that they were not going to hire me. I had to contact them. This entire process took well over a month, probably closer to two. I don't mind not getting the job, there are other jobs. I just thought it wasn't very professional to have such a disregard for the applicant's time. All in all though, everyone I met with was pleasant enough. It just seemed like they could have been a bit more organized.

Registered Nurse Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente in April 2010.

I had a phone interview with a representative of Kaiser, for a travel RN position in PACU. It was very intense and a lot more difficult than I had anticipated. She asked tons of clinical questions and the interview lasted an hour. I have never been so nervous and intimidated during an interview. If you want to work for Kaiser, you'd better know your stuff!

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer asked me a question about a specific anesthesia drug with which I was not familiar. I just didn't have enough years in PACU to know enough for their requirements, so I didn't get the job.   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente in January 2009.

The hiring process was fairly easy when I joined. This is back when RNs really being hired left and right. Interviewed with the Nurse Manager, Director, and Assistant Manager. Was asked several clinical questions that pertain to the unit you are interested in. Once I was hired, the training began.

Fairly straight forward

Registered Nurse Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

I interviewed in November, 2000. They had three administrators interview me and ask me several questions related to Psych Nursing in relationship to my experience. They asked about what I would do in different situations, and about different potential patients. They also discussed and asked questions about psych meds during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Medication questions were the most difficult. Also, had to think fast about various situations that they gave and asked how I would deal with those situations.   Answer Question
    There was no real negotiation phase.

Registered Nurse Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Communication was precise, informative, and pertinent. The process was smooth from beginning to end.

Interview Questions
    No ability to negotiate, as it's a non-exempt union position.

Registered Nurse Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente in June 2010.

Applied online, one month later received call from recruiter. Recruiter asked a few questions and asked me to fax necessary paper work. Called the next day to schedule a phone interview.

Registered Nurse Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente in July 2007.

My interview was not typical. I think that the manager hired me mostly on a whim. I have heard from coworkers that they were grilled for nearly an hour in panel interviews. I had a nice 1/2 hr conversation with the manager and a tour of the hospital.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with giving regort to a diffcult, cranky, older nurse? What would you do if she was unhappy with work that was left for her because you couldn't finish it all on your shift?   View Answer
    There was not negotiation phase.