Kaiser Permanente

9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

Registered Nurse

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in April 2010.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with a representative of Kaiser, for a travel RN position in PACU. It was very intense and a lot more difficult than I had anticipated. She asked tons of clinical questions and the interview lasted an hour. I have never been so nervous and intimidated during an interview. If you want to work for Kaiser, you'd better know your stuff!

Interview Question – The interviewer asked me a question about a specific anesthesia drug with which I was not familiar. I just didn't have enough years in PACU to know enough for their requirements, so I didn't get the job.   Answer Question

Registered Nurse

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in January 2009.

Interview Details – The hiring process was fairly easy when I joined. This is back when RNs really being hired left and right. Interviewed with the Nurse Manager, Director, and Assistant Manager. Was asked several clinical questions that pertain to the unit you are interested in. Once I was hired, the training began.

Negotiation Details – Fairly straight forward

Oakland, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in February 2013.

Interview Details – The interviewer said, "I know I'm not supposed to ask, but...'ARE YOU MARRIED AND DO YOU HAVE CHILDREN?" Egad, EEO law has been clear for many years on the inappropriateness of these questions. I was extremely surprised and disappointed that the largest healthcare company in the US would so blatantly violate employment law. What else are they doing that's not right?

Interview Question – See above forsurprising illegal questions.   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview Details – Website for job application is a nightmare. that is the only way to get a foot in the door. Networking does not seem to help. HR generally is slow to respond.

Interview Question – Tell me what you would do if you heard a rumor about someone and then you had to work with them. Would you assume it to be true or get to know the person first.   View Answers (3)

Negotiation Details – used a headhunter and there was not much negotiation.

Santa Clara, CA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in May 2011.

Interview Details – Submitted resume, was contacted by Human Resources within a few days. Had an initial phone interview with the HR representative, who was very polite and professional. Resume forwarded to appropriate department, and was contacted several days later for phone interview with department manager. After phone interview with that manager, was scheduled to meet face-to-face with another department manager about a week later. A little over a week after that, I was scheduled for panel interview. Then back to face-to-face with first manager. Was told that they needed to staff up quickly, and I would be notified of a decision within the next few days. I waited a week and one half, and after not hearing from anyone, I contacted the first manager. She told me that my qualifications didn't quite match what they were looking for, but my application would be on file. I scheduled my entire afternoon on no fewer than three occasions to interview face to face (plus a fourth afternoon, as one interview got cancelled at the last minute.), and then did not even receive a "thank you" for my time, or an "I'm sorry, but here's a lovely parting gift". Nor did anyone contact me when it was clear that they were not going to hire me. I had to contact them. This entire process took well over a month, probably closer to two. I don't mind not getting the job, there are other jobs. I just thought it wasn't very professional to have such a disregard for the applicant's time. All in all though, everyone I met with was pleasant enough. It just seemed like they could have been a bit more organized.

Registered Nurse

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview Details – I interviewed in November, 2000. They had three administrators interview me and ask me several questions related to Psych Nursing in relationship to my experience. They asked about what I would do in different situations, and about different potential patients. They also discussed and asked questions about psych meds during the interview.

Interview Question – Medication questions were the most difficult. Also, had to think fast about various situations that they gave and asked how I would deal with those situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no real negotiation phase.

Registered Nurse

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview Details – Communication was precise, informative, and pertinent. The process was smooth from beginning to end.

Interview Question – None. All questions were expected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No ability to negotiate, as it's a non-exempt union position.

Registered Nurse

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in June 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online, one month later received call from recruiter. Recruiter asked a few questions and asked me to fax necessary paper work. Called the next day to schedule a phone interview.

Interview Question – Straight forward questions   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Registered Nurse

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in July 2007.

Interview Details – My interview was not typical. I think that the manager hired me mostly on a whim. I have heard from coworkers that they were grilled for nearly an hour in panel interviews. I had a nice 1/2 hr conversation with the manager and a tour of the hospital.

Interview Question – How do you deal with giving regort to a diffcult, cranky, older nurse? What would you do if she was unhappy with work that was left for her because you couldn't finish it all on your shift?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was not negotiation phase.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kaiser Permanente

Worked for Kaiser Permanente? Contribute to the Community!

Kaiser Permanente Videos

Kaiser Permanente – Why Work for Us?

At Kaiser Permanente, we stand for health. Yours. Ours. Everyone’s. That means we advocate the well-being of people and their parts—like hips and hearts, for instance. And to better serve those parts, we study them. In… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kaiser Permanente Registered Nurse interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Kaiser Permanente employees and interview candidates.