Kaiser Permanente

3.2

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Pharmacy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in October 2014.

it was a group interview consists of 30 applicates for 3 openings. it was setup in a classroom, where we had to stand up in front of the class and introduce ourselves( it was nerve recking) at the end they will call out names and ask them to stay in the class and those who don't hear their names have to leave. i didn't hear my name so i left. this is the second time i attend an interview with kaiser. i will try again maybe the third time is a charm.

Interview Questions
    • we were asked to get in groups of three and learn as much as we can about each other then come up in front of the class and introduce both people to the recruiter and to the classroom for one minute.   View Answer

Aar Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

It was very laid back but also kind of easy to get through and I thought it was rather ok then a harder to do interview like other companies I am not sure what else you want me to say about this experience

Interview Questions
    • Was the Principal's of Responsibility Kaisers rules to working in their environment   View Answer

Kp Org Registration Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente in April 2014.

After submitting my resume and cover letter, I received a call for an interview within two days. The interview was scheduled for a week later. I was interviewed by two project managers, who were co-managers for my position. The interview was very relaxed and they presented their questions in a way that felt like they truly wanted an answer, not a "gotcha" moment. They both asked questions and gave positive verbal affirmations after some of my answers, which was unexpected but also nice. I went on a two trip immediately following my interview so I received an email while there that they'd like to bring me in for an interview with the director of the department. In hindsight, I realize this was less an interview with her and more of a confirmation and offer of the job. It reviewed what I discussed in the previous interview and she also asked if this job really fit my passions, which happen to be very different from the daily activities for the job. While this was true, I wanted to the job so I was somehow able to link the fundamentals of my passion to the job. My position is technically contracted, so there was no room to ask for more than what I was offered, which was $13.50/hr with little mileage reimbursement. The director described the work environment as "work hard, play hard" and it seemed to ring true as all employees in the department except director are under 35. The actual hiring process took a month and a half and my direct supervisors kept referencing how slow things move within Kaiser, especially paperwork. Even if the job is an ASAP hire, it will most likely take a month to onboard, which is on the quick side. Job descriptions at Kaiser also tend to be written more intimidating and demanding than they actually are, so don't let that scare you off from applying.

Interview Questions
    • None of them were generally difficult, though the question specific to my background and passions within social justice and fitting with a very non social justice oriented job was unexpected.   Answer Question
    There was no room to negotiate as this is a full-time, but short term contract.

Psychosocial Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Panel type interview consisting of 4-5 individuals within the psychiatric department

Interview Questions
    The panel decided whether the person would likely be a good fit, or not.

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente in October 2013.

Sent in my resume one night, heard back the following morning from the recruiter via email, who sent me a questionnaire. Filled that out that day and sent it back. Heard back the following morning again from the recruiter already trying to set a salary level. They asked me to come in the next morning to interview with the LSA, but due to some personal things, I couldn't the next morning, and so I accepted an interview with their colleague and department head (at the same time). I thought the interview went very well, but I never heard back from the recruiter. I emailed the recruiter immediately after the interview thanking them for setting up the interview and for considering me. I called again a week later to thank them again and told them why I was right for the position. Never heard back. Emailed two weeks later with similar info asking when a decision would be made. Heard back a week later from a generic email saying I was disqualified.

The work culture looked great; people dressing both casually and business casual with headphones in their ears as they came in and out of the building. Very clean looking building with security in the front to check in with.

Health Promotion Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

I had done a couple months of training at Kaiser while a student so I kept in touch and when new positions opened, I applied. Promotions, transfers and hiring are based on seniority first.

Interview Questions
    none. The union determines pay, vacations, etc. However, they did postpone my start date because a senior employee decided they wanted the job I'd been offered, so I had to wait for another opening.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente in January 2012.

I was contacted by the recruiter and exchanged emails and spoke. The hiring manager was nice and professional, and the interview was ok. The post interview follow-up was terrible. Repeated emails to the recruiter went unanswered until I "got the message" and moved on. In the end, not even a form letter email saying - thank you for applying but we selected someone else.

Interview Questions
    • Standard stuff - background, career highlights, info about the position etc.   Answer Question

Respiratory Therapy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente in September 2011.

Started with a one on one phone interview. They called first to set up a phone date. Made sure your application was complete. Phoned a few weeks later to set up an interview. Turned out to be a group interview with about 7 or so applicants being interviewed together with a staff of about 6 asking questions.

Telecom Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente in March 2011.

90% of there hires are contract to hire, Hiring can take months.

HOSPITAL CASE MANAGER Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente in January 2011.

application submitted through intranet, received phone call from manager and was interviewed in her office.

Interview Questions

I wanted part time and position was full time.