Kaiser Permanente

99 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Director Interview

Oakland, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in January 2010.

Interview Details – Kaiser Permanente's interview process can be lengthy. For me, it began with a screening interview by an assigned HR recruiter. The questions asked in the screening interview are straightforward. It's easy to tell that these are the questions the hiring manager provided to the recruiter. Once past the screening interview, I met with the hiring manager. I was then invited back for a second round interview with members of the team and also internal business partners. There were about 4 in total. Start to finish, the interview process took several weeks. Once Kaiser gave me an offer, there was another two weeks during which they conducted a very thorough background check. I also had to submit to a drug test.

Interview Question – Describe in detail a successful project you designed and managed. How did you measure success?   Answer Question

Staff Assistant Interview

Redwood City, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in March 2014.

Interview Details – I recieved a call for a short phone interview. SHortly after I recieved a call for in person interview. I beleive It went good but I do believe I need to practice not being so nerves. They said they would call in 2 weeks after they interview a couple of more canidates.

Interview Question – What software are you more familar with other than what you listed on your reseme   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in February 2011.

Interview Details – My knowledge, personality and hard set skills were thoroughly review both via phone and in person.
I found the people to be extremely bright and to the point.
It seemed they had cohesive teams which gelled very nicely. The words and body language in the room indicated a true team spirit of mutual agreements and shared success together.
The questions showed they authentically understood what they needed and weren't afraid to say 'I don't know' when necessary. Overall, although intimidating, it was great learning experience with incredible people.

Interview Question – I don't remember the exact question but something to the effect of, least favorite thing about last job/boss.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Practice Leader Consultant Interview

Oakland, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in March 2012.

Interview Details – Internal Transfer. I knew them for years. Finally told them I was interested in joining. First lunch with the hiring director. Then a team interview in person (small team). Than a bizarre written exercise where I tried to respond to a large, unfamiliar problem. Then a follow-up team phone interview. Then HR had to do a screening process (after the interviews!). Then a long delay, a verbal salary offer that had to be corrected (downwards!), and then it all went through.

Interview Question – Write an essay answer to how you would handle getting a large project going without executive sponsorship - regarding a business process I was unfamiliar with.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me a 10% raise over my current position verbally. I was happy and accepted. After giving me the job, they backtracked and said senior management would approve no raise (this was an internal transfer). The hiring director got high level approval for a 5% raise. I was disappointed, but promised that raises would be higher in the next few years. That has not come true. My advice: get it in writing. This is your base salary we are talking about.

Human Resources Analyst Interview

Alameda, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview Details – Kaiser hires a lot of contractors who may or may not eventually become full time employees. So one important path into Kaiser is to find what staffing firms they are currently using and to get registered with that staffing firm. Also, Kaiser's hiring process is glacial in many cases. Your recruiter may alert you to an opportunity for which you will need to fill out forms and re-write your resume, but it could be MONTHS before you get a response (and they might even LOVE your resume, but just take the typical Kaiser epoch in order to make a decision).

Now, the interviews almost never start with a discussion of your resume and often never even reference you resume. The interviews are a conversation about general experiences. Be ready to tell them a story about a time you had to give someone disappointing news, a time you had to tell someone 'No,' a time in which you had a problem you simply couldn't solve on your own and how you dealt with that challenge.

Interview Question – Tell us how you dealt with negative feedback that you thought was inaccurate.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation as I was hired through a staffing firm who advised what my salary would be before scheduling me for the interview.

Nurse Practitioner Interview

Interviewed at Kaiser Permanente

Interview Details – Varies with the hiring source. Probably the application process, review, initial selection, telephone interview, selected for face-face or panel interview, final selection, and hire.

Interview Question – NA   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, and it was a win-win

Applications Development Consultant Interview

Oakland, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in March 2010.

Interview Details – Found initial gig on Craigslist. Came in as a contract-to-hire. 2 interviews. It would have been nice if it had gone quicker.

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Department Secretary Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview Details – Panel interviews and two interviews if they are interested

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses   Answer Question

Conciege Health Plan Representative Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview Details – Relatively long hiring process. Recruiter phone screening, online assessment test, in person group interview and one-on-one traditional behavioral questions.

Interview Question – "Tell me about yourself" in only 2-3 minutes to include what you know about the role and Kaiser, your background and why you would be a good fit.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation process

Strategic Consultant Interview

Oakland, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview Details – Good process and thoughtful thinking goes into each position

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation... they met my expectations

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kaiser Permanente

Worked for Kaiser Permanente? Contribute to the Community!

Kaiser Permanente Videos

Kaiser Permanente – Why Work for Us?

At Kaiser Permanente, we stand for health. Yours. Ours. Everyone’s. That means we advocate the well-being of people and their parts—like hips and hearts, for instance. And to better serve those parts, we study them. In… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kaiser Permanente interview questions and advice in San Francisco, CA. All 99 interview reviews posted anonymously by Kaiser Permanente employees and interview candidates.